No announcement yet.

Week 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe those bots aren't yet ready and they inform it at friday.
    megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
    L K> taught u what?
    megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
    9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
    9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

At school now, once i get back ill hunt down pure, spank him because he didnt update them as i requested, and if he is not there try to put a schedule up myself (and spank him onces hes back).

Bots

We have a working bot, im gonna send a version 1 to the main bot core tonight. This has to be uploaded by a sysop, and you know how hard that will be

Be sure im gonna do a full post how the actual bots are going to work!
      Greets,
      Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Underground
        ROFL I fount this quote hilarious sleepy. Because its FUCKING true. He's not used to TWL delays I guess :P

Originally posted by Rodge_Rabbit
        At school now, once i get back ill hunt down pure, spank him because he didnt update them as i requested, and if he is not there try to put a schedule up myself (and spank him onces hes back).

Bots

We have a working bot, im gonna send a version 1 to the main bot core tonight. This has to be uploaded by a sysop, and you know how hard that will be

Be sure im gonna do a full post how the actual bots are going to work!
        sweet.
        top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
          Then why the hell did we start TWL so soon if nothign was ready. This is like "ya here is ur doggy bisquit, WOOPS i pulled it away u can have it next week"

Get the bots done for this weekend instead of dickina round all the time. This is really stupid.

Because Pusher announced in June or whatever that it would start January 8th. Since they had a deadline the choose to start rather than get yelled at for missing the deadline. But it is Feb 9th and we're clearly way past it anyways.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Ya, i would of rather been told on january 8th that the bots arent ready give us a month or whatever then start TWL preseason then have to wait a month+ till the real season starts anyway. The way we are going it will be the beginning of summer by the time TWL playoffs come once again. This shit happens every year. You think by being the most played and most populated zone and having the most organized staff that our leagues would be organized, but they arent at all.
            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

at least rodge has been honest with us about the disorganization and the timezones in his forum posts.

i'm sympathetic to their situation, but i agree that they could be handling it better. then again, it's a free, 2d spaceship game, and when the ops do do something right it usually goes unappreciated. i can wait.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

THE PUSHER isn't here, that's why.

Comment

Well ya i guess u can wait, so can i so can everyone else bc we have to wait. Thats not what im saying. This sort of thing happens EVERY single year. You think that we'd learn from our mistakes, but we dont. I do appreciate the work that they do, the ppl who make the bots and whatnot. I understand its alot of work and i personaly wouldnt want to do it by myself. Thats also not the point. THe point is how unorganized we are about it. How uninformed we always are. Like said earlier in this post its wednesday and no schedule up yet. Its almost impossible to schedule a game in a dayish. IF the Ops need time to get TWL organized like a few weeks then say "Sry guys we need a month to get everything organized, the bots ready and blah blah blah then we'll get TWL up and running" instead of this on and off stuff.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

whatnot.
                    I hate when people say whatnot. There's a chick at my work that says it at the end of almost every sentence, it's so annoying.
                    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Eh I'm glad we played the preseason games starting in January and whatnot. Even if the bots weren't ready, and it was all pointless for testing bots, it was still fun. I mean preseason in sports isn't about testing out the refs, it's about testing out your new players, and they still have it.

But yes it is disappointing that this happens every time. Of course we seem to have a new twl op every year as well. Hopefully we're at a point where things are automated enough going from one season to the next that it doesn't require a complete overhaul next season (if I'm even still playing this game then, if not then I hope everything falls apart and the servers all explode). That's what bugged me about this whole thing, we had a working system already in place from last season and we still got delayed, but I guess the bots last season did lag out often enough to really need completely new bots this season.
                      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 02-09-2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Well ya i guess u can wait, so can i so can everyone else bc we have to wait. Thats not what im saying. This sort of thing happens EVERY single year. You think that we'd learn from our mistakes, but we dont. I do appreciate the work that they do, the ppl who make the bots and whatnot. I understand its alot of work and i personaly wouldnt want to do it by myself. Thats also not the point. THe point is how unorganized we are about it. How uninformed we always are. Like said earlier in this post its wednesday and no schedule up yet. Its almost impossible to schedule a game in a dayish. IF the Ops need time to get TWL organized like a few weeks then say "Sry guys we need a month to get everything organized, the bots ready and blah blah blah then we'll get TWL up and running" instead of this on and off stuff.
                        Well I can understand the frustration, I think we all do, but I disagree that we're not making progress.

TW has come a long way in terms of TWD and TWL. When matchbots were introduced in jan 03 the consistancy of TWD that we have now was something I found hard to imagine. Conversly TWL has been flawed and they've taken serious steps in making things right, starting with the new TWL Bots.

All the advance scheduling and updates won't do us any good without reliable bots, and that foundation has (finally) been laid down. With that in place TWL Ops can finally get the ball rolling.

And if they don't, well it's simply a matter of finding someone who will, because the infrastructure is in place and there are no longer any excuses.
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

I just don't understand why we need new bots every single season, and they're never ready before the season.

I don't really care that much, I think the delay has helped my squad more than most, but it just seems strange.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Agreed BZ. IT seems every off-season they make new bots. I dont get it. Sure last season's bots were laggy and did lagout alot. I agree we probably do need new bots for this season, but b4 last season they were saying how we waited a few months for those super elite bots. Then they really stank up the place. We should of used something like matchbot from the start.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                            X