TWL Finals Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Finals Times

i would love for someone to tell me why the hell staff gets to choose the times for our goddamn matches next weekend... Prom on friday, im gonna be gone from saturday till sunday afternoon (not sure what time)... why can't times be negotiated like all of the other games this season? it makes absolutely no sense to me.
    TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
    TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Yea thats lame. especially for some of us West Coast players. If the games are setup at early times.... Hell I might sleep through it.
    2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

YO YOU GOTTA HAVE DEDICATION TO WIN SON!!!11one!!11!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hogo
        YO YOU GOTTA HAVE DEDICATION TO WIN SON!!!11one!!11!!!!!!!!!
        rofl you mongoloid :wub:
        Under <ZH>> pred i want to taste your man juice!!!
        Originally posted by Cig Smoke
        Pred > JRA > the rest of u

Comment

-FINAL-? Dice? I'll be there with bells on!
          PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I think it's to make sure the games aren't played at the same times. It's the same as last season so why are you surprised?

llater,
            Tony

Comment

tony's right.. its exactly the same time as last season. TWLD first, then TWLJ and finally TWLB. You werent expecting the games to be played at same time, were you?
              1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
              1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
              1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
              1:Vitja> afk
              1:Underground> haha vit
              1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

okay... what about switching the LB time with the LD time... that way the matches are not at the same time... is that so hard?
                TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

i'm gonna have to make up some bullshit excuse to show up to work late again because the twlb is at 4 again
                  Dice
                  TWLB Champions Season 8
                  TWLJ Champions Season 8
                  TWLB Champions Season 10
                  TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Well, this is just total and utter bullshit. Not only did Pure_Luck lie to me when he said we would have an affect on the times, but he also scheduled the worst possible times for us. I understand he cannot be aware of the times that would be suitable for us, but the least he could do is ask.

With these times we'll be lucky to show 80% of our starting lines, and in the finals even the 20% do matter. It matters a lot, especially to us, when particularly in basing we don't have that many talented people. Now we're doomed to gather up the people we can, and that doesn't give TWLB the final game it has deserved. In TWLD we're stronger, like I said in the prediction post earlier, but people who have played the entire season and got us this far will miss the game due to bad scheduling.

Not to mention there's a two hour gap between our games. Both -FINAL- and Dice play in two finals, so it wouldn't be hard at all to make all the finals to be played at different times.
                    Dice := LJ + LB = LB and LJ not at the same time.
                    -FINAL- := LD + LB = LB and LD not at the same time.
                    Do the maths, not hard at all.

I didn't post this whine without a reason and to make up for excuses in case we lose, I posted this to make a difference. So for god's sake, change the times and let TWL have a better end that it has deserved.
                    Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
                    USS Banana> ok
                    Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
                    Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
                    USS Banana> you arent playing
                    Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
                    Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Comment

Thats stupid, let us negotiate like all season long. This is just plain out stupid.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

It's a little strange how it works, so yeah. We would like to negotiate times, like the rest of the playoffs & reg season. That way we can play the last game with the guys who've helped us get this far. I know for a fact Colonel was a big piece in our win vs Venom, so it's sad he won't be able to make it. I know we have other guys, but the point is we don't control the games like we've been able to all year. All of a sudden, in a pretty important game, staff calls the shots on times frames.

I find that just a little odd.
                        RaCka> how can i get you here
                        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Is gripe all you guys can do? Cripes, last season it was the same way and worse. TWLB final started at 4pm and went for *2* hours (four games played). I know that affected Pallies' and A-S' lineups (Pallies moreso), but they didn't come to the forum to complain. TWLB has to be the last one played because it has the potential to last the longest (90 minutes + time between rounds). Just hope you don't have a bot failure and have to replay a round.

Set times are great because they don't favor any team. If you get a shitty time, chances are good that it's shitty for the other team too. Suck it up and play.

With that said, if you really hate your times so much, I suggest you give up your spot to another twl squad. There's quite a few that would love to be playing in those matches no matter what the time.

llater,
                          Tony

Comment

wtf?

I'm sorry brookus, but your argument sucks. "because times were shitty last season" is no excuse to let shitty scheduling continue. that's the dumbest idea i've ever heard... well, almost. the dumbest idea is that set times are BETTER because they screw over everyone. How in God's name is screwing over everyone better than letting the teams negotiate and decide what the best time is in a cooperative effort? Isn't the whole point of the finals to see the best players play each other? what use is it if we can only show a line that someone we beat in the semis could beat? And to belittle other people saying they are "griping" is just more evidence that you have a weak argument. Just because people have (accurately) pointed out that the method used to schedule games is pure bullshit does not make them gripers. They are working to improve the shitty system. People like you keep it shitty.
                            Last edited by Foreign; 05-24-2005, 01:34 PM.
                            -Dave

Comment

I'm not saying they should stay bad, but I'm wondering what you expected.

"Working to improve the system"? Are you insane? Do you think the ops are going to look at this post and say "well, about 10 people think this is bad, let's change it now". Save it for the end of the season in a post for suggestions for next season. You saw the times get set like this LAST season. Where was the complaints then? I don't think I ever saw anyone mention in any thread that perhaps the final days times should be negotiated.

Then again, whatever. I suggest you squads just work out a time and play a bd/dd/jd for the title.

llater,
                              Tony
                              Last edited by brookus; 05-24-2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X