Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

since we its offseason and people (me) cry when it happens during the season..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• since we its offseason and people (me) cry when it happens during the season..

how about head to head matches matter before +/-?
    Last edited by pascone; 02-27-2006, 09:57 PM.
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

agreed.
    RaCka> how can i get you here
    death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
    RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
    death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

I agree as well, should always be this way.
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

do it, change the rule!
        revolt> my girl
        Golden_Aim> nice lips, i bet she gives u awesome blowjobs
        Metal Headz> she looks good for bjs
        Golden_Aim> LOL MHZ
        Metal Headz> ROFL

1:kesser> MENTION ME
        1:kesser> MOST KILLS

kess is homo

Comment

yes! make it happen now

Comment

Yes. Agreed. Absolutely. Something something
            last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

I feel a poll comin up!!!
              Oh joy oh joy!
              I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

That would be utterly dumb.
                Although forfeits might screw things up...
                +- is the way to go... cus that shows how good the squad was overall in the season... Cross-conference games are stupid and shouldn't be done. Why not play everyone in your conference twice... adds 4 matches but shouldn't be that much of a problem. cus there should be no cross-conference games.... all squads playing each other should play the same squads as many times as the other.
                TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR
                  That would be utterly dumb.
                  Although forfeits might screw things up...
                  +- is the way to go... cus that shows how good the squad was overall in the season...
                  i'd have to disagree....if a lower ranked team (Teks for example) defeats a high ranked team (-final- for example) then teks should definately get the spot if they beat them. +/- should be 2nd after heads up.
                  the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                    i'd have to disagree....if a lower ranked team (Teks for example) defeats a high ranked team (-final- for example) then teks should definately get the spot if they beat them. +/- should be 2nd after heads up.
                    If -F- was a lot better for the rest of the season scorewise, but they'd still be even in wins, I'd say -f- deserves it.

This is the problem though, everybody's got an opinion.
                    6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                    3 league vet

Comment

i just noticed the title of this thread makes no sense..that being said-

usually when it comes down to one spot the two teams end up having similar scheduels during the season anyway with the exception of like a game..that being said if the two teams fighting for one spot play each other during the season at some point that game against the two should hold the most weight since that is the main competition for them anway!
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

anyone who thinks +/- is better shud commit suicide. how do u have +/- as the tiebreaker when not everyone has the same schedule? screws everything up? fucking fag pjotter.

if u dont make it to playoffs cuz of head to head its ur own fault for losing to that team.pjotter i wanna slice ur head off.

Comment

if you lose to a team you know will be in direct copetition with you for the final spot, you deserve to not play int he playoffs.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Violence
                            anyone who thinks +/- is better shud commit suicide. how do u have +/- as the tiebreaker when not everyone has the same schedule? screws everything up? fucking fag pjotter.
                            That's why i say everyone in your conference should have the same schedule as you. That makes a 7 week regular season... not that bad imho. Or a 15 week regular season if you decide to let everyone play everyone once.

Also what if you happen to forfeit to a squad you end up tie'ing with... although your +- is better... head to head makes the squad win that won by forfeit... even though the other squad had a way better +- and would most likely have won if they showed enough people.
                            So cause the one squad cannot show enough 1 week... they basicly are out cus of that even though they were better overall in the season.

And sure everyone has a different opinion about it.. I still think, and most people will probably agree that the teams in 1 conference should have the exact same schedule. How you want to solve this problem if you want to keep a schedule around 10 weeks long is either by making the conferences bigger (11 teams per conference) or the conferences smaller(4 teams per conference, with Conf A Playing themselfs,Conf B and Conf C... Conf B playing themselfs, Conf A and Conf D.... Conf C playing themselfs, Conf A and Conf D.... Conf D playing themselfs, Conf B and Conf C... This gives regular season 11 matches, #1 and #2 go trough to play-offs...)
                            You could also make 1 big conference with a # of teams, 16 for instance... And having everyone play each other once... In the end you have a regular season winner and then you could decide to still have play-offs and #1 to #8 make it to play-offs....

All the people that say +- is worse then head 2 head cause not everyone has the same schedule could either come up with idea's to solve this schedulingdifference or STFU... Cause head2head may never be the factor for a team to advance cause it only shows 1 game while the season exists of way more games...

An other way to get rid of unfair cross conference matches is to make the cross conferences matches in week 8, 9 and 10.
                            After the 7 in conference matches you have a ranking... then the cross-conference matches will be decided for week 8 to 10 somewhat like this:
                            Conf A teams: Conf B teams he plays Totall of points(if you combine the #'s)
                            Conf A #1 plays : Conf B # 3, 6 and 8 .....................................17
                            Conf A #2 plays : Conf B # 4, 5 and 7 .....................................16
                            Conf A #3 plays : Conf B # 1, 6 and 8 .....................................15
                            Conf A #4 plays : Conf B # 2, 5 and 7 .....................................14
                            Conf A #5 plays : Conf B # 2, 4 and 7 .....................................13
                            Conf A #6 plays : Conf B # 1, 3 and 8 .....................................12
                            Conf A #7 plays : Conf B # 2, 4 and 5 .....................................11
                            Conf A #8 plays : Conf B # 1, 5 and 4 .....................................10

This way, the higher your place was after the regular season games... the easier your schedule will be in cross-conference games.

So if you want the +- to be more fair try to come up with solutions... else stfu cause head2head is a momentoeus thingy that is dumb.
                            TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                            TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                            TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                            First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Even if everyone played everyone once head2head is still better for chosing that last playoff spot or a seed in playoffs. Obviously if the team beat the other team they are better, or were better that week. If the teamwho lost doesnt have there best lineup or has a no show or something like that that is THIER FAULT! TWL is for the best and ur suppose to have ur best show up every week. If u cant do that then its ur fault for not having depth.
                              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                              X