Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

since we its offseason and people (me) cry when it happens during the season..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whole system should be changed.
    everybody play vs. each other 2 or 3 times. then squads who are over playoffs line get in playoffs.

first wins then head to head then +/-.
    www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

If the two teams are tied, why not just have them play eachother at the end too? And have that as the deciding factor.. It's kind of like a playoffs then.. if u dont show your best line.. you wont geti n the playoffs.
      I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

perhaps someone of twl coordinating caliber will respond to this matter.
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Head2Head over +/- Or do what herc said and have a 1 round playoff game between the tied teams in week 11.

+/- is an alrite system, but it is to unstable. The problem is not every squad has the same schedule. I dont think its fair to someone who has to play lets say Dice and -f- in a cross conference when team#2 mite of played Mambo and Ancients. So that fact alone should be enough for +/- to go out the window. Then you add in the factors that sometimes we have forfits (sad i know) or even a 5v4 game sometimes. Its not fair to everyone that 1 squad got lucky and got a forfit win.

Plus u got replacement squads (we always have them) The pefect example is a few seasons ago when Shriek got kicked out. Was it really fair to the squads who had to play shriek? Then once they got replaced the rest of the teams got to play Whipe. I think its clear cut that isnt fair.

Best method is the 1 playoff round during week 1, but that is common sence and sometimes it seems we dont use that for our league.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

id like to point out that philos and nickname are going to die of aids
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

The current system is better because of the unstated goals that the system tries to address. It was created after taking into account the systems of the 4 major pro sports in North America after a very long discussion period with THE PUSHER and I.

Because of the nature of Trench Wars and internet gaming, there will never be a system that is perfectly 'fair'. People quit the game all the time, squads fold, entire teams miss games on occasion. Schedules will never work out because of the fact that this is a league played mostly by teenagers who don't have any real responsibility to it whatsoever.

The +/- system with cross-conference takes into account two factors. The first is what Pjotter said, and that some random game where you may have lost for whatever reason to some team shouldn't have more weight than your performance over the entire season. Yes I realize pro sports don't do this, but then again since when do TW players fall under the same and much more ideal conditions that professional leagues will face?

The second is an attempt to allow for a bit of further competition within the middle ranks. There will always be 'power squads' which will always make the playoffs in which this system won't matter at all. Meanwhile because of the hierarchial system of squads in this game, squads 5-8 will almost always be better than squads 9-12. The cross conference with +/- system is an attempt to give squads 9-12 more of a chance to get into the playoffs because they will have an 'easier' schedule than the 5-8 squads. It makes for a more exciting season where things are a bit more unpredictable, and it lets more people have more fun. Besides the winners will always be one of the top 4 squads anyway so it's not like this will really affect that.

Either way I guess if people think this is a horrible idea, then P_L will talk with the captains and it will change. There's no point flaming me about this anymore because it's not up to me, I just wanted to explain (for 9 billionth time) why the system is the way it is.
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

if it's based off the 4 major sports....then it should be head to head?

yankees won the al east cause of head to head games. they won more of them. they didn't add up the runs and whoever had more won.

same thing with the nfl. the bills missed the playoffs last year cause they lost teams with the same record as them during the season.

for the last playoff spot teams are typically the same and should just have an extra game to determine it. to say that the squad wouldn't show up to this game doesn't hold weight cause it's for their playoff lives...if they care enough to be in twl they would play this extra game for the playoffs
                violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  The current system is better because of the unstated goals that the system tries to address. It was created after taking into account the systems of the 4 major pro sports in North America after a very long discussion period with THE PUSHER and I.

Because of the nature of Trench Wars and internet gaming, there will never be a system that is perfectly 'fair'. People quit the game all the time, squads fold, entire teams miss games on occasion. Schedules will never work out because of the fact that this is a league played mostly by teenagers who don't have any real responsibility to it whatsoever.

The +/- system with cross-conference takes into account two factors. The first is what Pjotter said, and that some random game where you may have lost for whatever reason to some team shouldn't have more weight than your performance over the entire season. Yes I realize pro sports don't do this, but then again since when do TW players fall under the same and much more ideal conditions that professional leagues will face?

The second is an attempt to allow for a bit of further competition within the middle ranks. There will always be 'power squads' which will always make the playoffs in which this system won't matter at all. Meanwhile because of the hierarchial system of squads in this game, squads 5-8 will almost always be better than squads 9-12. The cross conference with +/- system is an attempt to give squads 9-12 more of a chance to get into the playoffs because they will have an 'easier' schedule than the 5-8 squads. It makes for a more exciting season where things are a bit more unpredictable, and it lets more people have more fun. Besides the winners will always be one of the top 4 squads anyway so it's not like this will really affect that.

Either way I guess if people think this is a horrible idea, then P_L will talk with the captains and it will change. There's no point flaming me about this anymore because it's not up to me, I just wanted to explain (for 9 billionth time) why the system is the way it is.
                  that why it would be better if everybody plays vs. eachother. if one squad quit then it's same for everyone. but if squad quit from other conference it's not fair.
                  www.BasingCrew.com

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
                    perhaps someone of twl coordinating caliber will respond to this matter.
                    does ex-coordinator count? :P

playing all teams, or eve 2,3 times as someone suggest is not doable. It would take too long, 15 weeks of regular season + 1 replay week + 3 weeks of playoffs.. thats almost 5 months..

there is no perfect system for TWL, each method has its pros and cons
                    +/- : easiest way to determin who gets in playoff, cause its really really rare for 2 teams to have the same +/-.. however like people said.. its not accurate since different teams gets to play different teams.. also the whole forfeit thing..

head to head: sure looks like the better team will get in, i beat you in regular season, so i should get it... but there are other sides of it, weak line vs top line, bad game vs good game, lag effects.. also, lets say team a has the exact same opponents as team b, team a ended up with a huge +/- while team b has a small +/- due to winning each game by like a minute or 2, tho team a lost to team b during their game due to some missing starters, who do you think should really get into the playoffs

i personally like the idea of having a tie-breaker week after the replay week, or during replay week if there arent that many replays.. that way they can decide for sure who gets in... no "i dont have starters this week" crap, this is tie-breaker week, if you dont have your starters, your loss.
                    Last edited by Nethila; 10-24-2005, 11:45 AM.
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
                      does ex-coordinator count? :P

i personally like the idea of having a tie-breaker week after the replay week, or during replay week if there arent that many replays.. that way they can decide for sure who gets in... no "i dont have starters this week" crap, this is tie-breaker week, if you dont have your starters, your loss.

exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
                        id like to point out that philos and nickname are going to die of aids

hey I use them, but when I was in a 3 year relationship and I knew we were both fine, they went away.
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone
                          exactly
                          WTF< READ UP SON, I SAID THE SAME THING.. NETHILA MY IDEA< GG THX NEWB
                          I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

randedl said it first!

but yes

it's still good

where's pure_luck

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                              hey I use them, but when I was in a 3 year relationship and I knew we were both fine, they went away.
                              oh well, no doi

i figured the discussion was about using them ever

Comment

although please note that anyone can end up in this situation

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...5&postcount=42

Comment

Working...
                                X