A 12 Team TWLB season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 12 Team TWLB season?

The competition for TWLB spots seems somewhat weak. There are currently only 11 squads with over 10 games (enough to qualify them for a TWLB spot):
    Teks 51
    Hillpeace 42
    Pandora 41
    Anti-Scrub 30
    Ice 23
    Spastic 22
    Sk8 20
    Floydians 15
    BasingCrew 12
    Barcada 11
    Disoblige 11

I forget whether we had a 14 or 12 team TWLB last season, but it seems as though, with the addition of -Final- who automatically makes it, there are only 12 active and TWL talented basing squads. Although, I must admit, it seems rather silly to see a lot of those squads near the bottom of the ladder, realistically, they'll make it because they have enough games.

I'm not sure of the TWL qualification deadline, but if it were to happen now, we'd only have a league of 12 teams. Of course, it's not happening now, nor in the next two weeks. I'm curious to see what other squads could really make the cut if they were to decide to keep the squads to 14. The only two that really pop out to me are:

Tenure - Doesn't seem all that strong, but with another game, they're technically active enough to enter the league, and maybe in a couple of weeks they'll have upwards of 20 games. I could see this team losing every TWL match, and possibly be just a filler. Would a team like that be worth having in the league?

Pirates - Were in it last season and actually pulled away with 3 wins. They only have one game under their belt however, but do have a couple of TWLB-able players, those that pop out: 2dragons, Epinephrine, Jargha, lockdown, and Froe. I also saw Herc and CC play a good amount last year in and out of TWL.

So basically you have opposite scenarios for both squads, one is active enough, but doesn't (in my opinion) have a TWLB caliber roster; the other has the guns, but not the desire to use them.

With the little activity there is already in the TWBD arena, with only 5 or 6 squads bding daily, is there even a possibility for another TWLB caliber squad, is it going to be a 14 squad season again, with even less competition overall (but just as much in the upper tier), or a 12 squad season?

From,
    A concerned Paul O

12 teams ... 1 conference ... each team plays other teams once. Easy to figure out playoff spots.

Comment

Pirates are starting to kick it into gear and get more active. Last year we had 16 squads, did we not?
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

gg basers. oh btw you forgot to mention my squad is unbeaten in BD
        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
          gg basers. oh btw you forgot to mention my squad is unbeaten in BD
          congrats?
          7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
          1:Rough> is radiation an element?
          8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
          Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
          Piston> I own in belim
          6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

just showing off my sig, oh and by the way, 10 team twlb, its all good that way
            What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

I think it's still important we try to keep expanding the basing division, yet it seems like we're taking a step backwards from last season. From having 16 teams last season to having a possibility of only 12 seems kind of bizarre to me.

Anyways, I don't think having an extra 2 squads will do any harm, regardless how good (or bad) they are. Maybe competition, but what, with 14 teams, there is 7 games each week, that still leaves, 5, 6 games each week with the same amount of competitiveness as there would be with 12 teams. Having more teams just expands the basing community, at least i hope so.

Comment

squads will always be more active around twl.. i bet there will be 16 squads again
                Sticks and stones may brake my bones,
                BUT WHIPS AND CHAINS EXCITE ME!!

A friend will bail you outta jail, but a true friend will be sittin right next to ya sayin DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Comment

12 teams:
                  Two confrences
                  6 teams in each
                  Each team plays eachother twice (how many weeks of TWL are there???)
                  the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hero*
                    12 teams:
                    Two confrences
                    6 teams in each
                    Each team plays eachother twice (how many weeks of TWL are there???)
                    If there is only 12 squads ... why break it into 2 conferences? I never understood conferences ... don't you only use them if you have some geographical problems or too many games to play if you play each team once?

If it turns out to be 12 squads then just have 1 conference ... easy to take top 8 or whatever ... or top 6 with top 2 squads having byes for first round of playoffs.

Comment

playing each team once (ONE MASSIVE CONFERENCE) = everybody has the same schedule.

Playing each team twice (TWO TINY CONFERENCES) = extra instibility, because a team with an easier schedule gets it x2.
                      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                        playing each team once (ONE MASSIVE CONFERENCE) = everybody has the same schedule.

Playing each team twice (TWO TINY CONFERENCES) = extra instibility, because a team with an easier schedule gets it x2.
                        Only problem is that 16 teams would create too many games ... too long of a season. 14 teams would probably be too long as well. Imho, 12 teams is the max for a 1 conference setup.

Comment

Roy the problem is, once u start letting newer squads into TWL just to keep it 16 squads, or to expand it leads to dropout squads and unfair +/- for everyone. Im not saying every new squad will dieout, but it seems once a squad starts losing every week by large amounts they seem to die after 3 weeks and so on, or have a 5-7 man show.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Is the point of the league to increase the 'fun' factor for TW? If so, then open it up to any squad that wants to play.

Or is the point of the league to increase TW growth via organized and competitive league play? If so, then limits need to be considered.

Comment

It was like this last twl qualifications and it picked up to enough teams. Volcano forming, I bet we will have enough for 14 quality teams. If we don't we can always do 12 but we'll make that decision when the time comes.
                              Last edited by Pure_Luck; 12-05-2005, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X