No announcement yet.

TWL Arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, but with restrictions i.e. nothing too blinding.

Comment

the thing for me is: home map is fine, but limit those blinding factors
      also the opening/entering lvz can be controlled a bit. i remember basingcrew's start graphic pretty much covers the whole screen for some people with lower resolution, which is really annoying
      1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Woo this poll is a thrill! 26 to 26!

Comment

If you're going to allow for home arena's, please put some limits on it, or make the acception of home maps more rigourous. Last season some of the maps were so horribly unappealing that it really did distract from general gameplay.

Maybe a TWL op should personally look at all map's and LVZ and give feedback on what needs to be changed before the map is posted. For example: as nethila said, basingcrew's "go go go" image was pretty much disruptive for the first 10 seconds of every game, and their map was rather unorganized; juice's map was so bright your eyes wanted to fall out. It's that sort of stuff that should be changed before it's posted.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
            the thing for me is: home map is fine, but limit those blinding factors
            also the opening/entering lvz can be controlled a bit. i remember basingcrew's start graphic pretty much covers the whole screen for some people with lower resolution, which is really annoying

Exactly. Home map is just that, a map with colours you find pretty, maybe some shitty writing about how everybody sucks..

fuck the lvz.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

It seems that the main complaint last year was the colors although i still see calvin and hobbs running across the screen in my nightmares {thanks sump}
              The splash screen can be done away with, and let league Ops. approve colors or maps before they are uploaded, give the squad 1 shot to edit the tileset if needed, and post map rules somewhere so the map makers can't say "I didn't know that"
              that means no lvz only tile editing cosmetically [aka color or appearance]
              these changes won't affect download time would be just as fast as entering the twl arena for the first time. B)
              ?find dads revenge

Comment

KEEP THEM IN MODERATION!!!! AKA disoblige bright ass yellow

Best TWL maps were the Pallies maps, REgards

KEEP THEM
                Big Chill

Comment

I wish this poll was only for people that actually had to play on the custom maps last year. I'm sure that the results would be waaaay in favor of getting rid of them.

If we HAVE to use them, please at least get rid of the annoying LVZ popups. BasingCrew had some ridiculous cartoon thing that popped up covering the entire screen for 10 seconds when you were warped at the beginning of a TWLB game. It was bad enough, but you couldn't even read the comic because it was half off the screen...
                  sdg

Comment

Well an easy solution to the problem of splash screens etc. would be to eliminate all LVZ except those that edited an already existing graphic. (IE: flag.bm2, or even gradient.bm2) This would greatless reduce download time, and make map's much more managable.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Custom home maps make sense in places like Hockey Zone where a home rink is something done with sports teams ... but there is no real good reason for it here in TWL I think. Get rid of an extra hassle and just map 1 good TWL map that everyone plays on. I'd rather time be spent on something that is more important to TWL (revamping conferences/scheduling/finding refs/etc).

Comment

I liked the BC comic
                        Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

that is no "comic"

that is the Epic Stories of Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson. [edited by Outlaw]

Comment

I say why not? Home field advantage is a good thing to fight for.
                            DELETED

Comment

Home maps are fun, they bring some variaty!
                              1:CUMULONIMBUS> fucking south korean player names making me hungry

Comment

I say keep the home maps. Like dads said, they let the squad show their spirit. I loved the TeKs map from last year that Rodney made, the black tileset is just awesome. Also gray is a very boring color.
                                Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

Working...
                                X