Will there ever even be another TWL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever even be another TWL?

Considering TWL hasn't started yet because staff wanted to fix the bots, and it just so happens qan quit and now theres no one to fix the bots, will twl ever start at all?

cause everyone thought it was gonna start beginning of January, its now beginning of February, and if you give a two week notice it wont be till at the EARLIEST, May. And im doubt that is even going to happen :/

Staff can't ignore the issue forever
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Originally posted by Exalt
    its now beginning of February
    Wow, I need a new calendar, this one on my wall is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked
      Wow, I need a new calendar, this one on my wall is wrong.
      wow your a flamer, and shouldnt post replys when you have nothing productive to say, go figure its JAN 23rd, and February is in like a week... so i said its BEGINNING of February... oh fuck... now quit replying to posts when you ahve nothing smart to say anyway <_<
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Whats with the elim/belim bots? There are elf-bots there. Is this some kind of bot testing?
        Or WTF is going on?

Comment

They might be testing out new cheat detection systems.

Or then again not.
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Wax
            The Robos wont be back till Priitk or dock> logs on. God knows when that will be. It's about time this zone is revamped. Fix up the staff and hand down the zone.
            so basicly robos will never be back, you can say it like it is wax
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

My post wasn't an attempt to flame and I'm sorry if you thought that. The purpose of my post was to merely point out that January isn't over yet.

Comment

Also I'm pretty sure May isn't 2 weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt
                  wow your a flamer, and shouldnt post replys when you have nothing productive to say, go figure its JAN 23rd, and February is in like a week... so i said its BEGINNING of February... oh fuck... now quit replying to posts when you ahve nothing smart to say anyway <_<
                  Nine days (January 23 -> February 1) does not constitute "now." I think you need to just relax. If your life absoultely necessitates playing TWL within the next week and a half you need to find a new hobby.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                    Nine days (January 23 -> February 1) does not constitute "now." I think you need to just relax. If your life absoultely necessitates playing TWL within the next week and a half you need to find a new hobby.
                    Well since hes going to the navy in like march or something he wanted to get in a couple weeks beforehand.
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

i never thought of this cause of qan leaving huh...
                      good point you brought up..

PS: ELfbot are gay.
                      TWLD Champion 2014
                      TWDTB Champion 2013
                      TWDTB Champion 2016
                      TWDTB Champion 2017
                      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I think staff should try and figure out a few things before they start TWL. One thing they really need to be sure on, is the bots. Those bots can demoralize a team if they're winning a big match and dies; forcing a team to re-play. Seriously, very demoralizing. Potentially can change the complextion of a season.

Second, they really need to find a way to detect cheaters. I know, that sounds like a worn out cliche. But I'm watching more and more people fly through rocks in elim---when being rushed. This CE plague is like steroids in baseball, you just don't know whose on it these days. One thing is for sure, I'm chasing people in elim and they go through rocks. I know lag is bad, but that shit isn't normal. lol

So I don't mind waiting if staff is taking their time, especially if they're being extra careful. To me, that shows much better quality for future games.
                        RaCka> how can i get you here
                        death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                        RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                        death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by death row
                          I think staff should try and figure out a few things before they start TWL. One thing they really need to be sure on, is the bots. Those bots can demoralize a team if they're winning a big match and dies; forcing a team to re-play. Seriously, very demoralizing. Potentially can change the complextion of a season.

Second, they really need to find a way to detect cheaters. I know, that sounds like a worn out cliche. But I'm watching more and more people fly through rocks in elim---when being rushed. This CE plague is like steroids in baseball, you just don't know whose on it these days. One thing is for sure, I'm chasing people in elim and they go through rocks. I know lag is bad, but that shit isn't normal. lol

So I don't mind waiting if staff is taking their time, especially if they're being extra careful. To me, that shows much better quality for future games.
                          I don't think there's alot staff can do about CE until the next version is released, nor do i think we are anywhere close to obtaining cheat-detector bots. Staff would have to catch cheaters manually when it comes to TWL. If you think about it, what is the likelihood of someone cheating in TWL when all staff are watching? I dont think we had much problems with it last season, nor it should be the concern this season. I insist however, that the TWL bots are checked and tested beforehand, so we wouldn't experience bot failures like last season.
                          Last edited by Ward; 01-23-2006, 10:19 PM.
                          1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                          1:Cower> Sword
                          1:Kthx> ok
                          1:Cower> Axe
                          1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                          1:Cower> ?
                          1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by Ward
                            I don't think there's alot staff can do about CE until the next version is released, nor do i think we are anywhere close to obtaining cheat-detector bots. Staff would have to catch cheaters manually when it comes to TWL. If you think about it, what is the likelihood of someone cheating in TWL when all staff are watching? I dont think we had much problems with it last season, nor it should be the concern this season. I insist however, that the TWL bots are checked and tested beforehand, so we wouldn't experience bot failures like last season.

do you kids not realize that there wont BE a next version? Priitk hasnt logged on in months and he wont make an update for continuum, sorry to burst your bubble. Why do you think everyone is going so crazy about the whole cheating problem.

And Fit of Rage: I wanted twl to start when it was SUPPOSED to because I leave in March for the US Navy, so obviously I cant play twl all season long, and I will miss a lot of the season with TWL starting so late. Playoffs i might be able to make if QS makes it, but the reg season, probably not very much.

Also, who is going to check and test the bots guys? What bot programmers does TW have now? Qan was basicly the only legit guy to do it, and he quit. So explain to me who's going to do it?
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                              Also I'm pretty sure May isn't 2 weeks away.
                              you beat me to it.
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Working...
                              X