No announcement yet.

Allstar game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about doing it like we did in speedball? All players involved was allowed to submit 10 names, the players with most votes got the spots. Of course this means that all players have to vote seriously, and not just for their squadmates. I don't know if it could work in TWL, but it worked great in TWSBL. Another thing you might want to consider is making an "allstar" team without players from the winning squad. Then have the allstar team play the winning squad in a final game of the season kind of thing. Also worked great in TWSBL, and was a lot of fun.

IMHO, the allstar game should be either directly following the TWL final, or the following weekend.

Originally posted by Divine Rides
    Doesn't work for all ships, ahem.
    What doesn't work for what ships?
    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Kookie
      You're telling me you could find someone from BS who deserves to be in the allstar game?
      Fruitang.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

This sure is a good idea, but as long as it doesn't become a popularity contest. There's a lot more then 5 good javs-spiders-sharks in this game. I just hope we could make a little tournament.

If we keep this idea, each "valid" squad can give up to 2 names for his all-star players. There's around 10 capable squads, so this can make a lot of teams. Javs and wbs would be ez to make, but for the basing...

You guys spoke of having 2 teams, how you would do that? I don't the teams would give a name and a specific ship. They should send their most versatile players.

3 teams:
        - America team
        - Euro team
        - Asia team

I think this sounds a little better...
        When you strive hard to learn knowledge, you discover that you simply lost your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cries

3 teams:
          - America team
          - Euro team
          - Asia team

I think this sounds a little better...
          silly, the countries aren't equally represented, look at the ww games.
          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Epi, I'm not saying your idea is bad, but would it still be ALL-STAR TEAMS if every squads has one member in it? In all fairness, I don't think we should call it ALL-STAR if you've decided to let each squad gets a player.

Comment

I just think each squad should have at least one representative in any three of the all-star games.
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

The warbird all-star game doesn't necessarily have to be 5v5 either, you could use a bigger map like deathmatch and make it an 8v8 game or 10v10 game if you take 1 player from each squad. That'd be really fun to watch
                I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I like a lot of these ideas. Keep them rolling as I want everyones input on the All-Star game structure,

-PUSH
                  Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                    I just think each squad should have at least one representative in any three of the all-star games.
                    This is the closest I've heard, if each squad was given AT LEAST ONE PLAYER to send to at LEAST ONE ALL-STAR game (javs, duel, base)- then we could still keep the talent level high and get everyone involved- the problem being that there are 20 squads in TWLD/TWLJ, so maybe it has to be an all-star best of five game- with as many different players possible used in rounds for duel/jav, and maybe go to TWLB Cup style for basing (2 of 3 twenty minutes games)- I dunno, I know that it will not be an ALL STAR game if we play too fair, There's no denying that, the talent is definitely cropped to the better teams.

(THIS IS WHY I RECOMMEND AND STAND BY A DRAFT!!!! THat's right, we fucking RE-DISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH!!! You could end up playing with annux, mantra, 2wirley3ird, and hellzno!)
                    Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                      The warbird all-star game doesn't necessarily have to be 5v5 either, you could use a bigger map like deathmatch and make it an 8v8 game or 10v10 game if you take 1 player from each squad. That'd be really fun to watch

ooo, I like that idea alot. This would get more people involed and would be one fun game.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckup
                        ooo, I like that idea alot. This would get more people involed and would be one fun game.
                        Yea I wanna see who gets MVP, also it'd be the most organized 10vs10 warbird game ever played
                        I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

yeah as long as you got a big map a 10v10 allstar wb game would be good fun I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Rides
                            (THIS IS WHY I RECOMMEND AND STAND BY A DRAFT!!!! THat's right, we fucking RE-DISTRIBUTE THE WEALTH!!! You could end up playing with annux, mantra, 2wirley3ird, and hellzno! )
                            if your lucky :P

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                            Asia Minor> maybe not
                            Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                            bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                            bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                            bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                            bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Hellz NO!> Will I make the all-star team?
                              TW Public> HAHA DO %SELFNAME!

jk hellz
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
                                Fruitang.

llater,
                                Tony
                                psst, word has it he was on A-S at the time.
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X