Anyone else feel this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!

Reading all of the above actually made me realize that roster limit is the way to go. Anzu as well as other 40+ roster advocates can't really produce a single argument for having rosters that huge. If you do not use a guy, why is he on your squad? Because you are friends? Great! Have him on your chat, no need for him to be squadjoined and on TWL roster.

The limit at 26 would be good. This should be a TWL AND TWD limit. We all know if we just set a TWL limit, it really wouldn't force the inactive people to join other squads (or retire even better) because they don't play TWL right now anyway. But forcing them from the squad (period) would be a good change. TW is dying, so what needs to be done is something drastic and different. Introduce a squad roster limit, and clean up TW for good.

The staff who actually have the power to introduce change are hesitant to do so. That's another huge problem. This game doesn't exist because of staff, it exists because of the player base. If staff can't respect players, they should retire.

We should vote on this issue. Each squad (TWL) gets 1 vote, either for/against roster limits. Simple thing we can do to get this ball rolling...but naturally staff won't move a finger.

Comment

i already said staff is never gonna do this. way too much of a change, even if its long term. Plus imo I dont think its necessary THIS INSTANT. But when TWLB next year has shinobi, teks, and some a couple other 0-10's then we'll see
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
        If you dont care that much why login at all...Losing a player who "sometimes" logins once a week is not a massive loss to the leaque....
        i'm sure it's in the zones interest to have even more ppl quit completely

(sarcasm btw)

edit: so my point is, if you implement some abstract roster limit that forces disq to cut me off from roster, do you seriously think i will suddenly get active and join some dumb squad with a bunch of douches i've never heard of?
        Last edited by Vihta; 05-30-2006, 04:14 PM.
        TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
        TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
        TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
        TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
          Roster limits are absurd; you miss the obvious. If someone on a squad with 40+ people thinks they can start in twl and don't, they will leave to another squad where they can. It's pretty simple. Look at A-S' huge roster (since they have so many top players like El Bandido, Inflate, Nightwolf <FU>, and Virri). Count how many on there play every few days. Now count how many could actually play in a twl game. If any of those 40 or so people (yes, it is that many) left off that last count think they should be starting in twl, they would have run off to another team.

Doesn't anyone learn economics anymore? It's the same idea.

What you are really looking for is some kind of salary cap or "talent cap", where one or two teams can't have all the talent in a league. Good luck with that.

llater,
          Tony
          Thank you for putting it this way, maybe some people will understand now. Do you think that if 12 of the inactives on diso went and joined your squad, that they would all of a sudden have an urge to play and be good? No, they're going to be pissed that they can't logon once a week to watch the guys they played with 3 years ago kick the crap outta twl.

It's not about the numbers, you cant FORCE people to get good, or even be active just by changing a roster limit? This game doesnt have the same level of importance or control on everyone Izor.
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

TWL's goal isn't to have an insanely active roster of 15 or so people that all start in their respective TWLJ/LD/LB lineups, because people just aren't that dedicated to this game. It puts even greater stress on the players to show to their games, thus not making it as fun anymore.

"You've become obliged to play a spaceship or else you risk letting down your entire team."

I certainly don't like how that sounds. Replacement squads do have to be looked into, as they've always served as free wins for whoever is playing against them for seasons now. I don't remember when a replacement squad has won a game against a regular seeded squad.

Btw, people are totally blowing this out of proportion. Teams come and go, some tougher than others, but the ones that stick and are in playoffs where it all counts. So Izor, if you can plainly say that the competition in the playoffs are going to be easy breezy, THEN we can look into our system as being faulty. As it is, regular season should not be any more important than TWD games with more strings attached.
            Last edited by Kim; 05-30-2006, 04:26 PM.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

!

Well clearly the people currently inactive on stacked squads will not join other squads and get active. Vihta made a good point, but then again you have to look past the immediate effects.

If the roster limit is enforced, then in future seasons players won't even be able to join squads that are at the limit, and will be forced to look elsewhere. Clearly Vihta wouldn't, but then he can retire. Inactive players do little for TW anyway.

By making this limit, sure some people would retire and not want to join another squad; but I think the vast majority would simply create new squads or join squads that are under the roster limit.

The end result is a TW clear of inactive players and a more competitive league.

Comment

Originally posted by Vihta
                Of course its a loss but its very small if the player add little to the zone apart from playing the occasional weekend...
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Vihta

(sarcasm btw)

edit: so my point is, if you implement some abstract roster limit that forces disq to cut me off from roster, do you seriously think i will suddenly get active and join some dumb squad with a bunch of douches i've never heard of?
                  Ur just one that would just end up quiting TW all together. Thats not sayin the other __ of players would do the same. Sure we mite lose some, but in the end didnt we already lose u since u play like once a month? In my mind thats already retired/quit from the zone anyway. Their will still be a good # of players who dont quit the zone, and end up making a squad/joinin other squads and make the league more competative.
                  _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Assuming you do TWLB TWLD and TWLJ seperately (each getting 3 months in a year) ... a lower roster limit makes more sense.

20 man TWL roster limit.

And if you want, let's just limit the # of squads in TWL from 16 to 12.

=====

With the current setup of all leagues happening at the same time, you can't easily implement a lower roster limit bc of the fact that some squads play only 1 league while others play all 3.

Comment

Roster limits are absurd; you miss the obvious. If someone on a squad with 40+ people thinks they can start in twl and don't, they will leave to another squad where they can. It's pretty simple. Look at A-S' huge roster (since they have so many top players like El Bandido, Inflate, Nightwolf <FU>, and Virri). Count how many on there play every few days. Now count how many could actually play in a twl game. If any of those 40 or so people (yes, it is that many) left off that last count think they should be starting in twl, they would have run off to another team.

Doesn't anyone learn economics anymore? It's the same idea.

What you are really looking for is some kind of salary cap or "talent cap", where one or two teams can't have all the talent in a league. Good luck with that.

llater,
                      Tony
                      There's a diff btwn TWL roster and TWD roster. I think it's fine if you have a huge TWD roster ... TWD is more for fun. TWL rosters on the other hand should be small ... 20 is a good max.

Comment

I just counted 16 people on Disos roster who play from 0 days to 3 days a week
                        Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                        You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                        There wont be another election for president.
                        Obama is the Omega President.
                        http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Izor
                          If they dont play btw, whats the purpose of having them on the roster in the first place?
                          Maybe some of them just enjoy being on the squad. You'd have to ask them.

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                          How comes every game a-s is in there is about 20 ppl on ur freq? Just because they dont play every single day doesnt mean they wont help those less talented basing squads.
                          I don't think we've gotten 20 people online this season at all. As I have said way before this, am I (or other captains) forcing these people to stay on their squads? They can join other teams if they want to. Maybe they actually LIKE being where they are even if they don't play in twl. I know it's a crazy concept to wrap your little mind around. You said it yourself. Look at the numbers. Forty or so people won't play twl for A-S, yet they don't run off to create new squads.

llater,
                          Tony

Comment

They can join other teams if they want to.
                            Amen, people are free to join "lesser" twl squads if they're not good enough to start in their current one and absolutely want to play twl. Run a draft league during the off-season, if you want to play with a different mix of players (providing someone actually bothers to attend).
                            Veni Vidi Visa - I came, I saw, I did some shopping.

Also did some game development. Check out this horror adventure game if you like point'n'clicks.

Comment

[QUOTE=brookus]Maybe some of them just enjoy being on the squad. You'd have to ask them.

Somebody like being on Anti-Scrub? Only reason they would like that is to see you go nuts when playing in a BD or LB :grin:
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

eh you always get people who'd rather bench for an elite team and get their name on the map rather than play for a lesser team and not.
                                Dice
                                TWLB Champions Season 8
                                TWLJ Champions Season 8
                                TWLB Champions Season 10
                                TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Working...
                                X