No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel this way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand what most of the captains are saying about their longer term members. Even myself, I have more then 30 members, but, I could cut a few members if I wanted to. I know they like being on teh squad, but why dont they just be in the squad then as one name, and be in another squad that is actually in twd / TWL.. That way, they are not technically double squadding and they will get to play. I know it would be a lot to track but in the end, there would be more competition.

I just think TWL is getting boring, some of you might say I should quit or because my squad sucks this year, but its not about that at all. I kind of miss the days where there was good competition, nowadays, its all the same. Maybe we just need a bigger playerbase, I dont know.
    I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

Nah herc, I think that you probably just dont have any reason to practice and play this well. I wouldnt say that the league is boring, but when your squad is struggling and nothing seems to go your way, well it quickly becomes that way. To be honest you guys didnt practice at all and now youre seeing the results of it.
      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Sigh.. The real reason TW and TWL is becoming more boring. Is because of those three dangerous letters no one likes to hear... S...T...D's.

The estimated total number of people living in the US with a viral STD is over 65 million... WOW, also...

One in two sexually active persons will contact an STD by age 25

This is just fucking insane. We must not fear STD's, WE WILL OVERCOME THEM
        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
        TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+
          eh you always get people who'd rather bench for an elite team and get their name on the map rather than play for a lesser team and not.
          Sure you'll alawys have them players, its only natural. But if you limit the roster then the squads wont be able to take them. Thats the difference. Its not about the person wanting / not wanting to join the squad, its about the squadcaptains recruiting even tho they got 40+ players on the roster. A limit will help this ongoing problem.
          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I think this has a lot to do with the mentality of the players changing over the years. When SS was in its elite years, it had a much smaller, more dedicated player base. Many of the best players and the people who helped run the game were older, more mature people. But that was years ago, and now the ss population has slowly degraded into mostly 12 year old newbs, and the nerdy elites have just turned their attention to better games like world of warcraft. Many of the remaining veterans of the game who have stayed loyal are posting in this thread, because they see this going on also.
            I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Yet I believe that most of the guys that play TWL have matured 3 years since they played TWL 3 years ago.
              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
              3 league vet

Comment

Wait...

TWL started?
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Bob (SRB)
                  I think this has a lot to do with the mentality of the players changing over the years. When SS was in its elite years, it had a much smaller, more dedicated player base. Many of the best players and the people who helped run the game were older, more mature people. But that was years ago, and now the ss population has slowly degraded into mostly 12 year old newbs, and the nerdy elites have just turned their attention to better games like world of warcraft. Many of the remaining veterans of the game who have stayed loyal are posting in this thread, because they see this going on also.
                  Well put. I would add that there are also mature squads and immature squads, and I don't mean the age of the squad but rather the demeanor of the squad.
                  There are many people who enjoy being in the mature squads regardless of if they play in league matches or not. These people tend to value things like loyalty, friendship, honesty, fun, and sportsmanship as high (or higher) then being able to brag about how well they can shoot a digital bullet across the screen.
                  If folks want to delude themselves into thinking that their SS skills equate to the size of their manhoods, so be it. There are squads who will reinforce this perspective and help these low self-image people fell better about themselves.

Comment

In response to the initial post (didn't read replies) I can tell you that the level of trashtalking and people trying to get under others' skin has gone up exponentially. So much so that it's nearly taken the limited enjoyment I take from this game, however, I find once you look past the generic bullshit that seems to be the norm nowadays (the "YOU SUCK AND I'LL INSULT YOU BECAUSE I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU" syndrome) and you play for the fun of it, and with a team that does also, the enjoyment comes back for a game that everyone should just play.

If more people stopped and thought about what they were saying this game would be a lot better.
                    Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                    1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

No it wouldnt, it would be boring as hell. Ppl hate squads like quicksand and Dice bc we talk alot of shit, and because of that everyone guns for us in TWL. That makes the competition more fun. It would suck if everyone got along and was all *hug* 24/7.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Yea, I'd have to agree with cig... people need antagonists and protagonists to stay interested, and the ONLY thing going on this season that resembles this is the ratty vs quicksand episode, and even that isnt as exciting because theres no clear cut "bad guy" (I dont mind the QS people, but they arent protagonists)
                        Dice
                        TWLB Champions Season 8
                        TWLJ Champions Season 8
                        TWLB Champions Season 10
                        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Pro- and antagonists are one thing, saying and posting absolute bullshit is entirely different. Plus, I mean, this is an internet game that does not have very many complex aspects, why turn it into a bitch fight that resembles a bad episode of Jerry Springer more than anything else?

I think I'm just gettin' too old for this game now. People just don't make sense anymore.
                          Save a tree; eat a beaver

1:Mefesto> king let me say you something
                          1:Mefesto> you are a soon of a biatch with retarded face like nostra damus and you got a hump on your dick

WHY TALK SHIT WHEN YOU ALREADY MAKE IT?!

Comment

double...
                            Last edited by brookus; 06-01-2006, 08:11 PM.

Comment

TWL is a comic book now? We need good guys and bad guys? Cig, please explain how it would be a bad season if everyone played fair games and respected (or as much respect as you can have for an online person) their fellow gamers.

llater,
                              Tony

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
                                TWL is a comic book now?
                                havent you been browsing the past few weeks?
                                I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                                I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Working...
                                X