TWL-10: Major issues that will be brought up for Staff meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL-10: Major issues that will be brought up for Staff meeting

1) Possibility that we will only accept only 12 teams from each division, to press for competition, and to have a "sturdier" fallback in case one of them drops out *, which will be replaced by a rank 13 squad that won't be that bad.

2) * about the drop outs, we will be enforcing some stricter rules for teams to follow during the season concerning gameplay. Showing any less than 8 for a twlb match or less than 5 in a lj or ld match is the equivalent of a no-show. There will no longer be a period of time after the game has started to add your remaining players, because quite frankly, it creates too many unwanted variables which will undoubtedly cause controversy. Time allocated for the amount of time for the team to add their players is still up for discussion, because the prior 5 minute mark that we used before was never consistent across the board, it was whenever the host started counting. We may consider doing a *timer 10 the instant the zoner goes off.

3) More about drop outs, you get 1 warning for showing any less than 8 in lb, 5 in lj/ld. The game where one team did a no-show will be counted as a pending replay match in week 12 #. If this warned squad ends up being removed in the coming weeks, the team who was scheduled to rematch them will play against the substitute team in week12, and the other team who was supposed to play the removed squad will play the substitute team in week13 (which is also the all-star weekend, most likely at 4pm EST, since the 3pm EST timeslot will be for the replays).

4) We are considering branding squads who last through the entire length of their TWL career to the TWL arenas themselves, if a squad drops out, they will not be shown, and the replacement squad will be placed on the arena.

5) # there will be 11 regulation weeks since our planned 12 teams per each league would mean you can play every other squad once. Ties will be determined by head-to-head only because of this.

6) Playoff will start on week14, after the all-star weekend at week13, which is chosen based off popular demand on the site. Polls begin at the end of week11's matches and will close at the end of week12's matches.

7) More about dropout squads, we are in the works of thinking up of a punishment for the captain(s) + squadowner of the squad (only if he/she is actually rostered to the TWL team), on any alias. Something along the lines of not being able to play for the first few weeks of the upcoming TWL. It is about time that squad captains take full responsibility for the welfare of their squad so that we keep the competition sustained in TWL.

Can't think of anything more atm, if you guys got any other issues, post in these few days to ensure they will be brought up at the staff meeting on Sunday.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Also, for the record Wark

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=28261

Your system would be fine if we were planning to use 16 teams, but with the current situation across the ladders, competition would a lot better with only 12, so either your groupings would have to be of 3's, or only have 3 groups. 3 groups would not work systematically, whereas if you had groupings of 3, you'd only remove one squad from each grouping, so you'd end up playing the same squads twice over and being removed at week 6, which doesn't give the removed squad a sense of participating in a large scale event that is supposed to be TWL. Playing only 2 other squads and being removed immediately thereafter.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Good Stuff Kim. Thx, now just announce the Start Date, and I think we'll all be happy. Btw, arent you guys just alittle strict on the no-show?
      TWLD Champion 2014
      TWDTB Champion 2013
      TWDTB Champion 2016
      TWDTB Champion 2017
      TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
      -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

the 12 squads in twld is much better, makes the competition harder well done kim and staff, as pron says just need the start date now yea the no shows rule is slightly too strict as some times you just cant help not being at home on some weekends. mucho love.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by PrOnEsSim View Post
          Good Stuff Kim. Thx, now just announce the Start Date, and I think we'll all be happy. Btw, arent you guys just alittle strict on the no-show?
          When a squad doesn't field enough players for a game, they waste the time of the host, the time of the opposing teams players and the time of people that wanted to watch the game. There are other reasons, but with all of this aside I don't think it's going to be an issue if there are only 12 squads accepted per league.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

I think you are missing the most important issue, which would be the TWL staff itself. Just look at the last season for example, if you are wondering why.

Comment

Withall due respect to -Final- as a veteran squad there should be some sort of activity rule for a squad as innactivity does not help TWD or TWL Wether a squad can come back and get into semis or win should not be the only factor.

http://twd.trenchwars.org/squads/1740/recent

This does not help the League when a squad sits innactive for the entire year or alias' then appears in the last month or two to play. Some sort of activity rule should be in place for the off season if new squads need to play 15 games shouldn't returning squads be required to show the same respect to the League?
              ?find dads revenge

Comment

Having just 12 teams for TWLD would be stupid. TWDD is by far the most active and competetive of the TWD leagues and can provide 16 squads for TWL. You should be making TWL accessible to newer players and squads instead of just closing it off to everyone except the top tier veteran squads and the ones who dissolve and reform under a different name from season to season.

If you want more competitiveness, don't allow in the squads who are the most likely to dissolve half way through as they ruin the rest of the schedule by allowing in a squad who are not up to the same standard.

And instead of naming squads who last the course on the TWL arenas why not let them into the next season of TWL provided that they show that they are at around the same skill level? Surely that would be a more fitting way to reward them?

Also, I suggest that you do something about the appeals process this year, especially when we consider that my squads 2 appeals from last year are still technically open because TWL staff did not bother to even look at them and deliever a verdict. The appeals process screwed over a few squads last year, don't let it happen again.

Finally, perhaps you should consider getting together a committee of players who have played TWL for a long time to help TWL staff come up with the full set of rules to be used this season and help to make decisions during TWL (e.g. appeals). This should enable TWL staff run the whole thing better.
                Warpath

Comment

Originally posted by nemiseph View Post
                  Having just 12 teams for TWLD would be stupid. TWDD is by far the most active and competetive of the TWD leagues and can provide 16 squads for TWL. You should be making TWL accessible to newer players and squads instead of just closing it off to everyone except the top tier veteran squads and the ones who dissolve and reform under a different name from season to season.

If you want more competitiveness, don't allow in the squads who are the most likely to dissolve half way through as they ruin the rest of the schedule by allowing in a squad who are not up to the same standard.

And instead of naming squads who last the course on the TWL arenas why not let them into the next season of TWL provided that they show that they are at around the same skill level? Surely that would be a more fitting way to reward them?

Also, I suggest that you do something about the appeals process this year, especially when we consider that my squads 2 appeals from last year are still technically open because TWL staff did not bother to even look at them and deliever a verdict. The appeals process screwed over a few squads last year, don't let it happen again.

Finally, perhaps you should consider getting together a committee of players who have played TWL for a long time to help TWL staff come up with the full set of rules to be used this season and help to make decisions during TWL (e.g. appeals). This should enable TWL staff run the whole thing better.
                  12 teams is a great idea wtf r u talking about. Seems to me like you are the only one who is complaining. Maybe because your shitty squad cant make it into the top 12 because you cant even beat gianttiger. 12 squads will limit the garbage that gets into twl. Like GantZ a couple years ago what a joke that was.

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
                    Withall due respect to -Final- as a veteran squad there should be some sort of activity rule for a squad as innactivity does not help TWD or TWL Wether a squad can come back and get into semis or win should not be the only factor.

This does not help the League when a squad sits innactive for the entire year or alias' then appears in the last month or two to play. Some sort of activity rule should be in place for the off season if new squads need to play 15 games shouldn't returning squads be required to show the same respect to the League?
                    God no.

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post

Yeah thats right, get some fucking newbie squad to take their place. Enjoy when they drop out or dissolve midway, eliminating a squad of -F-'s caliber. Ruin the league that way, go ahead. Listen, "Dads Revenge," you're use to losing. Another new squad might not hang around like you guys if you continue to lose. -F- is ALWAYS competitive in ALL 3 leagues--ALWAYS.

It doesn't FKING matter if -F- isn't actively participating in many twd games. How does that not "help the league?" Whats it to you???

Before last league started, -f- barely played any bd games. No where close to some of the other squads. But guess what? -f- STILL WON THE WHOLE GOD DAMN LEAGUE. You want to replace that? With all due respect, you are one fucking moron to even suggest otherwise.
                      RaCka> how can i get you here
                      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
                      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
                      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

dads, I think the squads that have not dissolved and are still around to play this season of TWL, they have enough credibility to last the whole season, so I'm not the least bit worried.

We'll be announcing which squads are invited back and which are not (must retain 50%+ of your TWL roster from last season)
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.

Comment

should make it LD and LJ with 16 teams and LB with 12.
                          TWLJ Season 10 Champion

Comment

wats the 411?! staff did you decide yet.
                            TWLD Champion 2014
                            TWDTB Champion 2013
                            TWDTB Champion 2016
                            TWDTB Champion 2017
                            TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
                            -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

Originally Posted by nemiseph View Post

Well atleast I think that this makes sense because if you rly want to keep tw alive you need new squads to get excited about getting into twl. If you only make twl for the good old squads and players that have been here for a long long time then tw will surely die. If we want to keep this community alive we need new blood in and that's a known fact because eventually the old players will leave this game and the new guys who have never played in twl will be so stunned that they will also leave because there is nothing for them when the zone is ded. But if staff have chocen this way of 12 team then they must think that it is the right/only way o go to save the league from being a disaster. So we should let staff make theyr decitions about what is good for the league and stand by them but you should also think about the future of tw.....
                              Yeah and this season pay more attetion to the appeal. Just give a verdict from the appels and everyone will be happy. It's only an email that says "yes/no" that shoulden't be too hard. ty
                              P.s
                              Sry for the typos and bad english
                              Originally Posted by Izor
                              The best solution for this is to simply not play squads who have people caught cheating

everyone agree that once the staffers catch someone cheating they wont get to play, instead of evading the ban and rejoining that squad on an alias, then cheating again.
                              Originally Posted by Wark <ER>
                              My thought is, if you even suspect a certain player of cheating, I don't want that sort of attention to my squad, and would probaly blacklist them.

Comment

Working...
                              X