This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pmsl if some squads still dissolve mid season after all of this arguing :P
    may the best squad win! will be interesting.
    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• oh also, will twl qualified squads be taken off of the twd ladder? i remember 2 seasons ago this was done and it was quite good for a few reasons:
      1. Twl qualified squads could be saved from embarrassment if they dropped on the ladder + noone would see if they lost to 'newb' squads.
      2. The 'lesser able squads' are given the chance to hit top 5, and believe they are the best (its cute ) and it could also increase activity in tw if those that dont make twl are given something to still fight for (maybe a small award given to the squad that finishes 1st in twd ladders when twl finishes? such as twd conference winners or something like that).

just a small suggestion, dont flame me
      TWL-J Season 11 Champion
      TWL-J Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 21 Champion
      TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
      TWDT-D 2017 Champion
      TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolt View Post
        Ekko seems quite jealous. Its funny that his first post that takes 10 minutes to read really is only saying that his squad deserves to be in every part of TWL.

Talking about how Ancients barely didn't qualify because of Penetrate passing you in points, but I'm pretty sure this wasn't decided by the points. I was told in a previous post on TWL that the teams will be chosen based on other things, since everyone is so close on the ladder. Your team was not chosen. It had little to do with the "rules", the teams were chosen by the staff based on who they think is most qualified for the best competition.
        lol?
        carpe diem

Comment

• I actually like the idea of the change to the point formula in TWD. How about a penalty for playing with less than max ships? Something like 8 ships = 100%, 7 = 80%, etc would seem to work well. This would make sure those "real" matches that are played count more than the 5s or 6s.

Oh, and for Ancs or Ramp, don't worry too much. Just root for A-S to not show 8 in pre-season. If we don't, we'll withdrawl.

llater,
          Tony

Comment

• Originally posted by pascone View Post
            i'm just trying to defend why things are the way they are. i probably shouldn't have quoted your (foreign) post as i was also kind of replying to other people at the same time in the post which makes things confusing. i don't really see how the system is flawed. the average opponent rating was looked at, but i don't see how a squad ranked #3 can't get invited to twl. if they were ranked like 10th at the time, then it would have had a good chance that they wouldn't have been invited. twd rating is not the only factor used, it just happened to work out this year like that. my point is for non twl tenored squads, i feel the system is the best possible system as it is extremely straightforward.

as for the qualifying squads from previous seasons, could it be different? probably. but like i said 100 times now, at the time we were reviewing the rules, the auto invite didn't really affect anything. people complain that they don't want inactive squads in twl (like perhaps -final- is considered to be, but i disagree with that notion). regardless, it was decided that 12 teams would be best because at the time there were exactly 12 actively competetive squads. also, of people i asked, the majority agreed that 12 teams would be best across the board.

i hope this clears things up, and my intentions are not to attack anyone, but rather defend the way this twl was set up and why the rules are the way they are.
            u guys are the one saying the reason why u cut the squad limit so that squads wont forfeit games and drop out. Well if inactives squads are in, they will forfeit many games. lols

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              I for one will not be a part of bailing staffers out for already helping to ruin twl this season by having all these shitty squads get into twl while clearly talented ones are left out... rival, unleash, and ancs are clearly better than some of the squads in twl at the moment, i hope none of these squads accept an invitation if the other squads dont...

its a slap in the face to be a substitute squad, its staff's fault for reinviting so many squads this twl, and ruining the 50% rule, its a big change that should have never happened, good job of already putting a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths :/

FFS, relentless whining until the end...

1:Aerin> o shit have u guys seen the penis with a dragon tatooed to it?

1:X-sTa-C> OMG! thats sooo... AZN!
              1:MILOS> LOL
              1:Kapuchin> lol

2:zidane> i played maplestory :(
              2:zidane> i had like two level 80 +
              2:X-sTa-C> omg... this chat just started eating dick

:4:KoZ> gotta go eat my chittlins now be back later
              :4:X-sTa-C> Koz, don't lie
              :4:X-sTa-C> You know you're also eating watermelon and chicken...

Comment

• Originally posted by cLoTh View Post
                u guys are the one saying the reason why u cut the squad limit so that squads wont forfeit games and drop out. Well if inactives squads are in, they will forfeit many games. lols
                -F- won't forfeit; they have too many nerds.

Comment

• all teams accepted, lets schuedule preseason matches
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

• Well personally I chock all of this shit up to terrible planning on the TWL committee that came up with this terrible format in the first place. It doesn't take a genius to see what the problems are, how to fix them without pissing off quite a bit of the mediocre playerbase.

12 squads:

+ More competition
                    + Every squad can play each other once
                    + The zone is losing players, this counterbalances this
                    + Less squads dissolving hopefully

- Less squads get to participate in leagues (many of whom have been getting ready for this all year)
                    - The squads are fairly stagnant, even with all new players, nobody wants to see the same squads in TWL year after year. (besides like final/syndicate and whatnot)

I am too lazy to do a full pro/con list on this but needless to say I still think that this season won't go that well, even if said 12 squads don't dissolve as much as last season. The main thing about last season was one of the biggest competitors dropped out because of Mythril, and a bunch of garbage squads got to play because any of the other mediocre squads stopped caring after they thought it was too late, and then you tried to replace them week seven, and who cares at that point when your predacessors were 0-7 in the leagues already. Who wants to be a useless filler? I see the main problem is, alot of staffers only saw this years leagues from the basers point of view, where less squads means more competition because of the amount of people it takes to play a basing game, but they didn't think past that to think that dueling and javving are wildly more popular leagues.

So basically the biggest problem with last years leagues was the lack of squads to replace dissolving squads (besides Nethilas mis-coordination) The simplest way to fix this would have been having a SHORTER regular season, maybe six games tops, before progressing to a slightly longer quarter finals, slightly longer semi finals, and a regular finals. This would have solved pretty much any of the dissolving problems, with a six week regular season, three week quarter finals, two week semi finals, and a one week final.

Basically what I mean to say is, there are 16 competitive warbirding squads who are willing to play, and maybe pull a few upsets, and it pretty much blows that those guys wasted all this time preparing for a season they now don't get to play in because of this 12 squad blunder.

16 squads:

-
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by X-sTa-C View Post
                      FFS, relentless whining until the end...
                      i still dont know who you are???? play a few years pubber??
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        BLAHDIEBLAHDIEBLAH
                        12 squads is a good thing...
                        TWL shouldn't be just for everyone, and if you dont get in this time.... it will just make you work harder to get in next twl, that's what I would've done atleast, and that is what I did... (although i do think we shouldn't have such a long off-season.)
                        Do you really think those extra 4 squads that would get in, would make a difference? I really don't... however I do think the squads in atm aren't the best squads in every kind of league... Rival should be in for ld for example...
                        That they are not in, they just have to blame on themselfs... They should've have used the flaws of the qualification process just the same as every other squad that got in but maybe doesn't belong there did...
                        Ow, and ur a fucktard, so please refrain from showing your shitface around here...
                        I also want to thank myself for resolving this issue.
                        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

• Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
                          Ow, and ur a fucktard, so please refrain from showing your shitface around here...
                          I also want to thank myself for resolving this issue.

Nice M's in your signature, shitface newbie. lolololol
                          Domi> I'll take right one, you take left..truce
                          USS Banana> ok
                          Domi> on a sidenote Samurai and Strike are hunted
                          Get ready. Game will start in 10 seconds
                          USS Banana> you arent playing
                          Domi> made too many plans and forgot to play

Nowyoudie> Sika once talked to me
                          Nowyoudie> He said !ready

Comment

• TWL Preseason has been scheduled.

TWLEAGUES.ORG
                            1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                            1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                            1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                            1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                            1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                            1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                            1:exquisite> ya
                            1:Ease> try skipping school
                            1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                            1:Kian> LOL EASE
                            1:Collusion> LOOL
                            1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

• Well I thought about rising from my inactivity from this game to play a few league games, but then I saw who was on my squad now.
                              Trench Wars' favorite cheater

Comment

• hi i need a twld squad
                                Lofty> Why must I sit in my chat, listening to some pseudo-homosexual adolescent males go over my looks with such care

Comment

Working...
                                X