This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pascone View Post
    that is exactly why the rules were changed. you claim we don't do what the players want, but we did out best to incorporate new rules to avoid these problems. thus, with 12 teams invited, they can all play each other and thus every game matters because playoff spots will be based on head to head matchups. also, with less squads, the idea is to avoid having easy/free wins. of course there might be more squads that should have been invited, but it should have inspired captains/squads to become more active to get the spot. a squad like pentrate in basing deserved the spot by playing over 200 games. did ancients deserve to be in? probably, but penetrate did more to do it overall

and yes, everyone hates my squad. everyone will probably hate me as much as they hate neth too, so it should be a fun season!
    I dont hate your squad, just a few certain players i dislike, remember I was on quicksand last season which was in the same boat that sake is in this season

and no I dont think unleash should have made it, the captains did not exactly do their best to help qualify in time, and the play of unleash in the end wasnt very good despite a good lineup on paper

I just think I have some valid points to look over next season, every season new rules are applied to help make twl better, hopefully next season more rules can be applied based on experiences that happen this season
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Gg ancs in lb ;D i dunno what rly happened last night. Gl for all twl squads!
      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Ekko View Post

I can bitch about wbs as well, why is your "squad!!" in TWLD?
        that's what i wanted to hear!! anyways, we made it cuz the syners lucked their way into playoffs last season, and all us moochers just went on for the ride, ez

anyways i think sake is gonna do better than qs did... that delectable guy is pretty scary when hes usin both hands
        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Perhaps.

This may sound biased of course, I believe we should have 14 teams. Ancients and Rampage can both hold their own in LB and in fact top lines will beat some of the teams even in there (as I point out, "some")

Look at the avage rating of Rampage and Ancients and then look at most of the top 10. Truth is we played higher calibre squads while other squads played some not so lower tiered squads to get in. Anyone can do that, but, it dont measure skill of a basing squad. That only measures how much time they have to get 'free points'. Anyways, I think it should be considered, Ancients and Ramp are both active squads and will give you a run for your money.

Anyone who will disagree to this idea is probably also for the dying of trench wars due to new player lack. . If you cut off leagues with only certain amount of teams, same players will get it in each year and new guys will never futher their knowledge. Sure there will be knockout games, however, there will be a future for tw. So instead of conferences, just have it so every team plays other teams. TWL seasons are usually too short anyways (especially after waiting for delays and new bots)
          I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

The problem is nobody has sympathy for you when you clearly know how the system works but elect not to play easy squads to get into TWL and then begin proving your worth. Priorities were backwards and this is Trench Wars's way of rewarding active newbies.

Not like any of this matters anyway - basers on Rampage and Ancients, if they are any good, will just defect to Virtuousous and others and all will be well in space.

Comment

Only people complaining about the 12 team limit is the people that didnt make it. Go figure. Nobody really makes a fuss about it untill twd lock and they didnt get into twl. Go figure. Ekko you didnt get enough points to secure your position in twl its no reason to complain to anyone but your own squad. TWL isnt just about skill its about points just like gen said. If you dont have the skill to get big points from matches then you can go around that by playing more matches against low ranked squads. Thats how its worked dont act so surprised when you see it happen. Either way you have to figure out how your going to get those points and do so. You didnt do that so dont complain. One thing i do agree with is too many squads were auto-invited into twl. A few were invited that dont belong in twlb at all anymore due to inactivity or the fact they just dont have basers. The fact that they dont play twbd anymore should prove that. But rules are rules so hope we have a good twl with the set of rules we have been provided with this twl. CHEERS to those that made it!
              4:JAMAL> plz learn to spell
              Exalt> bout to go to a boys party
              1:Guero> some hot girls got lot hair in their nipples

Comment

What I was wondering about is this:
                Is the normal ladder used to decide who qualified?

You tried to improve leagues by limiting the amount of teams, but on the other hand there is no quality control over the TWD-games.
                Staff should look at the ladder as it would be if you only count 8v8 games.

Maybe something to think about for next season. Further you should include a penalty system in the Maximum rating change (K) in the formula for playing lower ranked squads or up it, so it's more rewarding to get the maximum rating change.

Originally posted by pascone View Post
                RULE CHANGES

2.04 A:
                If a squad does not field the maximum number of players (five (5) for TWLD and TWLJ or eight (8) in TWLB) in the appropriate league at the submission time appointed by the referee, the squad is thus warned that if the squad is unable to provide a maximum number of players in another game (note, if a player comes late to the game, it will still count as a warning), the aforementioned squad will be terminated from that league. The squad will be allowed to play 5 vs. 4 (TWLD and TWLJ) or 8 vs. 7 (TWLB). If less than 7 (seven) players are available for a TWLB game, the match will be forfeited and follow rule 10.21.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

hmm nvm.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

TWL should be 14/14/14 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                      Maybe something to think about for next season. Further you should include a penalty system in the Maximum rating change (K) in the formula for playing lower ranked squads or up it, so it's more rewarding to get the maximum rating change.

As the Maximum Rating change is now

Example of a mediocre team (with 10 people online) plays equal rated teams:
                      Plays one 8v8 and wins just : +25 rating, +/- 25 minutes played.
                      Plays another 8v8 and loses just: -26 rating +/- 25 minutes played.

Result after 50 minutes played: -1

Example of a 'crappy' team (with 10 people online) plays low rated teams:

Plays 2 5v5s simultaneous and wins easily: 2x +6 rating +/- 2x 14 minutes played.

Plays another 2 5v5s simultaneous and wins easily: 2x +5 rating +/- 2x 14 minutes played.

Result after 56 minutes played: +22

You can't force mediocre teams to play like this to qualify in my opinion, TWD is about having fun and on the other hand is used to pick TWL teams without looking at the quality of games. Maybe there won't be a lot of difference between the skill-level of both teams though, and we shouldn't care too much about which of these teams enters TWL.

Comment

Do they call that math in Finland?

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                          Do they call that math in Finland?
                          I bet they don't?

Comment

Can see your problem but then again you had enough time to qualify for TWL.
                            You should know that there is a chance of not getting into TWLB with only 1205 points.
                            You knew when the lock was and should've been prepared for it.

Sad to see Ancients not getting into TWLB but you guys messed up not the system -_-.

Peace,

NL

Comment

I don't care about who qualifies and who doesn't, but while the TW community has been growing for the past years we are cutting down on teams in TWL. Makes sense. <_<
                              Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                              Winner of TWT Melee
                              Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

Penetrate worked hard and never gave up. We suffered some pretty crippling personnel changes, and were down 70 points this morning. Everyone was frustrated, people were leaving left and right and almost all hope had been lost. That we were able to pull together as a squad and come up with 105 points in just a few hours is simply amazing to me, and I wish I could have been there to witness it.

Absolutely phenomenal performance guys
                                USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Working...
                                X