This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ekko View Post
    we didn't even have a fighting chance to keep our spot, everyone knows if our players had been awake there is no way in hell we would have been knocked out.

now don't get me wrong because I think that both ancients and rampage are good enough to play in twlb

but you did have more than a fighting chance to keep your spot. all you had to do was beat SYNE, you had them in a BD today right before 6 EST and you forfeited, that's YOUR fault. that should of been an easy win for you guys, and penetrate would be out and you guys would be in.

don't get me wrong though, ancients and rampage are definitely good basing squads and 14 teams could easily be used in twlb
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
      now don't get me wrong because I think that both ancients and rampage are good enough to play in twlb

but you did have more than a fighting chance to keep your spot. all you had to do was beat SYNE, you had them in a BD today right before 6 EST and you forfeited, that's YOUR fault. that should of been an easy win for you guys, and penetrate would be out and you guys would be in.

don't get me wrong though, ancients and rampage are definitely good basing squads and 14 teams could easily be used in twlb
      Listen here you cheap newb squad playing bitch

I think you understand the necessity of sleep, something I'm sure my squad members enjoy.

We forfeited because we only had 4, altitude and waxy were online but still banned.

We shouldn't have to play syne in a 5s game to get points to make twlb because you and your cheap squad hoarded newb points and refused to play a decent team.

Everyone knows virt is going 0-10 and that they actually don't deserve to be in twlb.

I never said anything about it on forums or to you before because I like hellkite.

EDIT: if this was big brother don't matter who would win the fucking challenge your squads ass would be veto'd out of leagues.
      carpe diem

Comment

The ideal would be to have the top 14 squads qualified this year by looking at the ladders,

I mean, if you don't want some very respectable squads to eventualy die from having half their roster dissapear because some of the players will obviously leave to another squad to have a chance to play in the league,

But thats all up to you right.. SOMETIMES it's good to look further than a rule book, be God and throw some toxic waste inside those rules to mutate them into something acceptable why dont you,

I've been drinking a little, sorry, my feelings are still up in that post tho

Comment

I am going to make a fighting effort to get at least lb extended to 14 teams.

Last season we extended it to 16 for Sk8, this season we have Ancients, Rampage and Teks that did not make the cut, all perfectly capable basing squads.

lol don't fool yourself. go get your nails done and relax or something.
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

I think the problem on twlb wasnt rly the 12 squads limit itself but the cut from 16 to 12 togheter with the 50% rule.

What left only 4 spots for new active squads.

I know squads like syndicate that actually dont have many basers can recruit some in a few days but it still aint good for tw.

Keeping the old squads is cool, but keep the limit rule. It would be way more exciting watching squads like diso/spastic/basingcrew also in the fight for a lb spot, what they could assure for sure.

I think another problem are squads like virtuousus, they got a few basers, so they play lots of 6s/5s games. I doubt virtuousus would get in if they had a 15 game minimum of 8s limit.

As for ancients, no one lamed ancients and there was no feed. We tryed hella hard and deserved our spot.
            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Listen here you cheap newb squad playing bitch

I think you understand the necessity of sleep, something I'm sure my squad members enjoy.

We forfeited because we only had 4, altitude and waxy were online but still banned.

We shouldn't have to play syne in a 5s game to get points to make twlb because you and your cheap squad hoarded newb points and refused to play a decent team.

Everyone knows virt is going 0-10 and that they actually don't deserve to be in twlb.

I never said anything about it on forums or to you before because I like hellkite.
              i don't care why you forfeited, it's your fault that you did

and it's YOUR fault that you guys sat on your points. you didn't have enough points to sit safely on, and thats also your fault. we sat on our points the last day and didn't take any risks because we didn't wanna end up like mambo was, fighting in hard bd's to get back a spot they had but lost because of a few bad bd's.

i don't see why people care so much that we didn't bd today. we did the work we needed to, and we didn't want to risk losing our spot. we knew every squad was going to play in full force and it wasn't worth the risk if we knew we'd probably get a spot from where we stood right then.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post
                Think we'll have a triple crown this season?

This season's three-league squads are: -FINAL-, dicE, Disoblige, Syndicate, and Thunder.
                oh... same as last year... yoo...hoo?
                excitement...

Comment

First off, the number of squads coming back next TWL season is going to be a lot less. I think we were talking about those who made the finals or semi finals would be invited back. That'd take effect next season.

As for the number of teams. I'm not sure how many of you remember last TWL season, but we had quite a few forfeits and drop outs. Moreover, the idea is to have every squad play each other once and go from there. Having 14 squads or any number of squads (other than 12) would mess this up and how the playoffs are supposed to work this season. When we don't have so many forfeits and squads dropping out...and a bigger player-base...the number of squads allowed might go back up.
                  Last edited by Asmodeus; 02-12-2007, 12:03 AM.

Comment

and it's YOUR fault that you guys sat on your points. we sat on our points the last day and didn't take any risks because we didn't wanna end up like mambo was, fighting in hard bd's to get back a spot they had but lost because of a few bad bd's.

i don't see why people care so much that we didn't bd today. we did the work we needed to, and we didn't want to risk losing our spot. we knew every squad was going to play in full force and it wasn't worth the risk if we knew we'd probably get a spot from where we stood right then.
                    We had 1205 points, Penetrate was beating Teks and when they won they would have 1207 points thus taking our spot.

You don't know how frustrating it is to see this happen and not have ANY way to fight back because the lock happens to be at a time when your entire squad is sleeping. If we had not forfeited we would have lost our spot anyways.

lol @ you working for your points.

TWL qualifications shouldn't be about clever point manipulation.
                    carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus View Post
                      First off, the number of squads coming back next TWL season is going to be a lot less. I think we were talking about those who made the finals or semi finals would be invited back. That'd take effect next season.

As for the number of teams. I'm not sure how many of you remember last TWL season, but we had quite a few forfeits and drop outs. Moreover, the idea is to have every squad play each other once and go from there. Having 14 squads or any number of squads (other than 12) would mess this up and how the playoffs are supposed to work this season. When we don't have so many forfeits and squads dropping out...and a bigger player-base...the number of squads allowed might go back up.

Why next season, why not this season?

Every squad can still play each other if you add two weeks.
                      carpe diem

Comment

i understand what happened, i was there

it's your squad members' fault for not being around when they know they have to qualify.

don't try to turn the fact that you guys are inactive into a "virt lamed" discussion

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

and it's YOUR fault that you guys sat on your points. you didn't have enough points to sit safely on, and thats also your fault. we sat on our points the last day and didn't take any risks because we didn't wanna end up like mambo was, fighting in hard bd's to get back a spot they had but lost because of a few bad bd's.

FIGHTING IN HARD BDS? WOW, LOL 5S AGAISNT BASINGCREW. SUMPSON LICKED SOME ASSES ONCE AGAIN. HOPE IT TASTED GOOD, AMIRIGHT?

Comment

No offense voth, but if you understood Ekko's post, his point was that they didn't have enough players on at that point (and usually don't at that time of day). And don't think that Penetrate would be out... we had 3 full lines of chat on and about 30 minutes to get another BD going (5s at least) to ensure our spot.

Still, I do think that TWLB should be 14 squads.
                            1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
                            1: oar> yeah
                            1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
                            1: hed> and after dinner
                            1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
                            7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
                            3: Nimesh> my sis does
                            3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

/ we only had 4 on at once for that one JD. Ekko play nice.

Comment

Why next season, why not this season?

Every squad can still play each other if you add two weeks.
                                We had already auto-invited back the playoff squads from last season before the rule changes.

As for why only 12? Well, as I mentioned, the whole playoff ordeal and scheduling. I can't remember the exact specifics right now....

Comment

Working...
                                X