This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
    so you continue to forget about that other squad that has NO returning starters from last season and is a completely different squad that really hasnt proven anything this twd season

Squad!!

oh but they made playoffs last season right? because clearly staff giving them that free playoff spot over quicksand and almost -f- last year definately had no future implications right? haha
    again, at the time the rules were being established, squad!! was ranked in the top 12 anyway. you said the same thing about them last year, blah blah this squad sucks blah blah. well, they made playoffs and beat your squad in the process. so maybe the same thing will happen? also, where did their old players go? other twl squads? they clearly are producing new good players then?
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign View Post
      First of all I won't complain about my squad not making twlb. We obviously didn't have the activity to even play enough good squads to make it in.

However, I will say this: you have missed the point entirely. TWL teams are NOT supposed to be the teams that simply have points on some arbitrary system. TWL teams are supposed to be the best of the best. Rather than point to the principle, you have confused the system that helps us determine who the best squads are with the fact that the intention is to find the best squads. That said, if trench wars thinks a squad that plays 5 easy squads a day with an Ave Rating of <1000 to get into TWL is better than one squad who barely misses a point cutoff with an average rating of 1200 or so, then I think trench wars's definition of a good squad is a bit skewed.

It is an extremely flawed and inactive point of view to say that a system is not flawed and then use that system to back up your opinion. For example: "The point system isn't flawed. You only didn't make TWL because you didn't have enough points!" This doesn't say anything about how the system is flawed or not. It only says that based on the current system a particular squad didn't pass the criteria. I think what people are getting at here is that those criteria for "passing" into TWL are flawed. and I agree.

That said, I haven't thought of a good way to address the issue. I just thought I'd help people to understand what the argument is, what it isn't, and what it should be if there is to be one.
      Actually i never said the system wasnt flawed or i agreed with it now did I? Your the one who seems to be missing the point smart guy. Wether you like it or not THATS HOW IT WORKS. So either get with the fuckin program or dont get in TWL. Untill the rules for qualification is changed thats how its gonna be. Oh and Exalt lol, do some checking before you open your idiotic mouth just makes you look worse.
      4:JAMAL> plz learn to spell
      Exalt> bout to go to a boys party
      1:Guero> some hot girls got lot hair in their nipples

Comment

Thanks for trying so HARD staff, putting 14 squads in would DEFINITELY kill the zone, stubborn fucks

Comment

ekko, dont come whine about making LB 14 squads when you are the idiot that made your squad forfeit at the last minute of qualification.

let this be a lesson to you. whoring games at the day of TWL qualification won't always work. if you want to be in twl, be active for the whole off season, not just the week before TWL
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
            ekko, dont come whine about making LB 14 squads when you are the idiot that made your squad forfeit at the last minute of qualification.

let this be a lesson to you. whoring games at the day of TWL qualification won't always work. if you want to be in twl, be active for the whole off season, not just the week before TWL
            That forfeit had nothing to do with us not qualifying. We had 1205 points and Penetrate after beating Teks had 1207.

I see how it would appear I was an idiot but it was a last move out of desperation to keep my squads place in TWLB that we worked very hard for.

Your lesson doesn't apply to me/Ancients as we did not whore one game the day of TWL qualification and we were active the whole off season playing actual basing squads. As I said in game I know you aren't that fond of me but at least look at the TWD history before you start bad mouthing and accusing me and my squad of inactivity.

I didn't think I was whining as I said,

"I'm asking the TWL ops to make the sensible decision to allow competent squads to compete rather then have their members members defected to "Virtuousous and others.""

I don't understand why it would kill the leagues to allow active squads into them that clearly can compete?

If Penetrate did not qualify and someone on their squad made this an issue I would support them even if Ancients was in TWLB, perhaps I would not try as hard but I along with many others have been saying for a while that it should be 14 teams. Most of the negatives staff listed about having more teams in TWL don't apply when you look at the squads willing to step up and play.
            carpe diem

Comment

This problem is simple to solve.

How about instead of announcing 1 month b4 u pick TWL teams and let everyone know when the deadline is, u dont announce it. Only the TWL ops will know when it locks and u lock it and those teams get in. This will stop from all these "Feeding" theories and it will make squads be more active throughout the whole TWD season (IE Rampage) instead of trying to play all ur games on the weekend of the deadline.
              _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Ekko View Post
                We had 1205 points, Penetrate was beating Teks and when they won they would have 1207 points thus taking our spot.

You don't know how frustrating it is to see this happen and not have ANY way to fight back because the lock happens to be at a time when your entire squad is sleeping. If we had not forfeited we would have lost our spot anyways.
                could have pulled a virt and played 15 easy bds in a row to get 1250 and just sat back and watch alot better squads fitting for a lb when you have already lamed yours
                1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                1:exquisite> ya
                1:Ease> try skipping school
                1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                1:Kian> LOL EASE
                1:Collusion> LOOL
                1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

The thing is vitha if we did that then leagues would lose their prestige and become just like twd is today. I men twd is still rally fun but you just dont care as much about twd as you do twl... you know?
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                  4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                  4:Geio> DEEZ?
                  4:Geio> LOLOL
                  4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                  4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                  4:spirit> LOL
                  4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                  4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I completely agree with ekko on cutting down the squads. If there weren't as many invited squads to twl, it would have been a smarter choice to accept 12 squads. But by inviting 5 squads when u cut 4 spots is killing the game. As you see Rival isn't complete shit, and i understand that we all bitchin about the cut in twl rankings. But obviously you guys trying to cut out newb squads into twl did nothing. They still got it over potential squads such as Unleash, one of the best rostered squads . I still agree that the squads should be extended to 14 for twl this season. I have nothing further more to say, but hopefully the twl ops will take my words into consideration and talk about this matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nethila View Post

lols nethila, what do u have to say to rival then? we were active for a long period of time, and missed twl spot by 1. We also won two twl games at the end of twl lockdown still preventing us from getting into twld. Our dice game took 2 hours, and went an hour and 30 min over twd lockdown due to our game, and no we didn't lose we won.

Comment

• Originally posted by KiAN View Post
                        could have pulled a virt and played 15 easy bds in a row to get 1250 and just sat back and watch alot better squads fitting for a lb when you have already lamed yours
                        ok ill be sure to pull a virt

maybe next season ill pull a kian and abandon the squad that i'm on, effectively sending them into a slump where they almost missed twl
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by cLoTh View Post
                          what do u have to say to rival then?
                          How about win more? You might have won some, but other squads won more. Don't whine, this is a competition not a soup kitchen - no handouts here.

Comment

• I'm sorry if I offended someone with my earlier post, that was not the intention. And I in no way made the claim that people got in who didn't deserve it or vice versa, so please don't assume that I believe that. What I received in response to my post was an insult coupled with flamebait. And by saying you don't think a certain squad should be in TWL based on the rules of qualification means you DO in fact agree with the system, so please don't bring this discussion down to technicalities or you will again miss the point, which is this: We can't change how this season is going to operate, but let's still make comments so we can be heard and changes can come about in the future. Bickering about which noob squad made playoffs and which good squads missed it is pointless because we are now after the fact. We should instead be looking to solve problems with the current system, since no system is perfect and to believe that it is displays an intolerable amount of arrogance and laziness. So again, don't bring me into this childish dispute over squads. If you read the first sentence of my above post with any understanding you would know that talking about this or that squad was NOT my focus. Improving the system, however, is.

EDIT: Pascone, I appreciate your comment. I don't think I made myself clear, and I would think rather than talking about this or that squad you too would be interested in simply improving the system we have. Shayde, you said TWL is about points. I disagree. It is about pitting the best squads against each other. That was the only point of yours that I am refuting. In that respect you confuse the system with the goal. If your only substantial response to that is to treat me as less than yourself, then I can totally understand why you've made half the posts in this thread that you have made.
                            Last edited by Foreign; 02-12-2007, 08:02 PM.
                            -Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                              How about win more? You might have won some, but other squads won more. Don't whine, this is a competition not a soup kitchen - no handouts here.
                              funny kid, how about u dd someone good for once instead of dding gianttiger? okay when u can beat syndicate, dice, thunder, etc. u come back 2 me. until then stfu and i'll beat u

Comment

• Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                                geno quit bitching your a horrible player in this game and just because of that you dont need to bash everyone else that has an opinion, go sit on the bench in your shit squad and let actual twl starters discuss twl
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X