No announcement yet.

twlb - discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7. sage - i don't really agree about their shark situation. sage has some pretty decent sharks in dixy, nl>trigger, and even drjeeves. though it definitely isn't their strong point, i don't think it's their weak point either. these guys just don't seem to have much gusto. i love spike and kaw, but there's something lacking in sage-town. bliz, havu, and spikey should all do pretty well in spider and kawrae (if he shows which i am not entirely certain he will?) could do alright in terr. i don't know, these guys are a darkhorse but just generally seem unimpressive at the moment.

8. thunder - well these guys will do decently, i don't think near as well as last season. their spiders seem a bit more campy this go around but i suppose nl>terminator, ease, and fit of rage could lead them nicely. chino, when he's not being a fucking idiot, is a pretty good terrier. phizey's a decent backup. it's their shark situation that will hurt them the most, though. windreaper's a big question in my eyes. i agree that he's a great shark, but he's seemed a bit rusty lately. not to mention what's saying he'll make every game? he didn't for -final-. if paulo's not aliased on the roster then they're even more screwed than i previously thought. yeah, rough season for sharks here.

9. juice - i think apt will get banned part way through the season, but that's just a sidenote. dev and his group of miscreants have a good shot at pulling some upsets this season, but i fear that's the most they'll have to hope for, pulling an upset every now and then. with apt in terr that certainly shouldn't be a worry for them (as long as he doesn't go apeshit). their sharks and spiders raise questions for me. for sharks they've got joe_ (underscore) coming off a streak of inactivity and bete noire (milosh) who could do decently, but i'm not too sure. if juice is still hoping for panhandler and k-i to come back, i really think they should just give up on that thought right now. for spiders the only real standouts i see are deverse, smack, and cops. otherwise they have some decent spiders but also very questionable. i donno, we'll see how these guys do i suppose.

10. plade - yeah, these guys certainly look like dudgeon except some of the better players have moved on (circlepusher, zizzo, etc.). dreamwin in terr isn't that great, especially with his backup being the always laggy mikkiz. sakke1 is a decent shark but i don't see a suitable second. as for spiders, i'm sure they will do alright but there seriously isn't anything special. however, what they do lack in apparent-skill (apparent because my head could be up my ass on this one) they certainly make up for in chemistry. they've been playing together, on one squad or another, for a long time and i think that will help them. will it make a difference? i don't really think so.

11. teks - i'm glad you guys are back, that's for damn sure. look for falk to lead the team in shark, and for dads to tk his own terr sometimes (most of the time it will probably be purposeful). rageritual should make a nice rookie this season, probably leading the spiders. hydride (cryptic wings) is a good terrier and should be able to hold his own. i don't think you guys will do that well, but i also think that that is the last of your worries. you'll probably have more fun than any of us come sunday of each week.

12. penetrate - without kings we're crippled. 'nuff said. nickname.

either way this season is seriously lacking a wider pool of talent. hopefully next season is better if we can give trench wars' activity a fucking kick in it's shitter.
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

• trench wars needs more loyalty

jeeny join the dieselboys!
      Originally Posted by HeavenSent
      You won't have to wait another 4 years.
      There wont be another election for president.
      Obama is the Omega President.
      http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
        trench wars needs more loyalty

Now there's some contradiction for ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Da1andonly View Post
          trench wars needs more loyalty

: D
          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
          4:Geio> DEEZ?
          4:Geio> LOLOL
          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
          4:spirit> LOL
          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

• cops it's not like pandora wants to steal all the players out there just to bench for us, we too want to keep twlb compititive. but the thing is why wouldn't one stay in one of the best squads if there's a chance one might be starting for them later on in playoffs? but like someone said (might have been the hopkin green frog) there will be a alot good players leaving squads after a couple of weeks of twl. so when it happens be ready and crap some players to yourself, it'll be like the grand opening of wallmart.

and yes what da1 said tw needs loalty! it'd make the twl more competitive if all the squads didn't die and all the players didn't leave their squads after getting better. AND especially, if people didn't dissolve a good teaming squad that has just become good. (cough virtuosus.. if you won 4 games out of 11 last season and now you were at least 2 times better than back then I think you'd make playoffs with 8-9 wins)
            TWLB season 13 champion (dicE)

Comment

• 12 - Style
              Reason: me and necromotic have decided to step down from TWLB, will not be playing ever again thanks
              TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
              TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
              Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
              1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
              4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
              1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

• damn whats the deal with me in shark? thought i retired from that ship shit is borin as FUK
                LA

Comment

• castro and cran for shark? that's decent i suppose.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

• Oh it's on baby, it's on. I'm going to bomb all these 'twlb squads', and i use the term loosely, back into the mother fucking stoneage. The last squad to cross my pass was whiterabbits, and where are they now huh? WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!

Penetrate, TWLB Season whatever-were-in CHAMPS.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by timQ View Post
                      cops it's not like pandora wants to steal all the players out there just to bench for us, we too want to keep twlb compititive. but the thing is why wouldn't one stay in one of the best squads if there's a chance one might be starting for them later on in playoffs? but like someone said (might have been the hopkin green frog) there will be a alot good players leaving squads after a couple of weeks of twl. so when it happens be ready and crap some players to yourself, it'll be like the grand opening of wallmart.

and yes what da1 said tw needs loalty! it'd make the twl more competitive if all the squads didn't die and all the players didn't leave their squads after getting better. AND especially, if people didn't dissolve a good teaming squad that has just become good. (cough virtuosus.. if you won 4 games out of 11 last season and now you were at least 2 times better than back then I think you'd make playoffs with 8-9 wins)
                      I wasn't trying to say it was all Pandora's fault or all Dice's fault, or any particular squad's fault. All I was saying is that squads that have a good percentage of the best players in one particular league can't complain that there is a lack of competition, because well, when you control the competition then there's not much squads can do about it. I also think that people have said this season will suck due to the fact that certain players are gone, there's tons of reasons why people have a problem with this season but I think it's funny when people with 40+ players (20 of them playable starters) stay with one team, most times they know they wont start and they're only sitting on the squad to get a title or hoping for a chance to play. It doesn't seem logical or realistic when they could play with a less capable squad and give teams like Spastic, Dice or Pandora a run for their money. Not to mention they would be looked at as a better player for making a team do far better in leagues, as well as getting more play time. It's a win win situation in my mind.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Cops is absolutely right on this one.
                        Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

• yea I also agree with cops I just thought there was some blame involved. WHO TO BLAME??? THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE TO BLAME!!! I blame eelam.
                          TWLB season 13 champion (dicE)

Comment

• I dunno about that stabwound. :/
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

• Stab invented sharking, wtf you giving him beef for! Recognize.
                              Originally posted by Disliked
                              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

• Originally posted by Not ThiX View Post
                                dicE
                                My Prediction: Finals
                                Key Players: megaman89, Cape, Stayon, a2m, Cig Smoke, Domi, Jrahen
                                Reason: It's pretty much self-explanitory. Stayon and Jrahen are unbefuckinglievable, with the obvious addition of arguably the best spider to play the game, megaman89. Cig and a2m are probably sharking, along with Cape (one of the better terrs to play the game), and I'm sure the other two spiders will be something like Domi and shrabby. Honestly, it seems unbeatable, and probably will be. Goodluck to anyone playing them, it's not fun. Best matches will be against Spastic and Pandora, and if Stlye can show their best line-up, that will be exciting as well.

Spastic
                                My Prediction: Finals/Semi-Finals
                                Key Players: JAMAL, Summa, Pure_Luck, Solacer, Sprained, Stabwound
                                Reason: With the addition of x-A-S players, their spider line has only gotten better. Sprained and Solacer are two mega-spiders, and will add an immense amount of deaths and pressure to the other team. P_L is all over the place in BD's, but he'll probably sober up for TWL and do great. JAMAL is awesome, Humidity is sick, if Stab plays their sharking situation is fine.

Pandora
                                My Prediction: Finals/Semi-Finals
                                Key Players: sarger, Eelam, Vatican Assassin, Evul, Tim, Zung, Apoc WOW!
                                Reason: Their spiders are incredible. They lack the sharks to put up a fight against Spastic and dicE, and if Tim terrs, he'll do a good job. Behind the spiders they should get top 3, but going further depends on whether or not Apoc WOW can get active in shark again to play with Vati. Zung, Evul, Eelam and Sarger are disgusting.

Style
                                My Prediction: Semi-Finals
                                Key Players: Everest, Necromotic, castromarx, Reaver, Weaver
                                Reason: Vihta has to get active. Necro/castro is a monstrous shark combo, along with a great, crafty terr in Everest, but they lack spiders. Dueling spiders can only get you so far, and Reaver and Weaver is really all they have to compete at a top 4 level. If vihta can come back and unrust, they'll do exponentially well, and probably will advance far in play-offs.

Disoblige
                                My Prediction: Semi-Finals
                                Key Players: bram, Da1andonly, Jack, Phrenitis, trouper, warportal, Zizzo, Mattey
                                Reason: I feel they CAN do better than Style, with the right lineup. Right now I see the same guys BD'ing for them, and doing well, but if Phrenitis and Jack can show, their spid line will only get better. Da1 should jav, not only because he's insane at it, but adding a jav puts so much pressure on the opposing terr, and if he's playing well he gets 3:1 recs with like 5 teks. Bram and Zizzo are nasty, and warportal can hold his own. Trouper's probably one of the best pushing spiders in the game when he's playing well, and if they all show they'll push for top 4.

Penetrate
                                My Prediction: Semi-Finals/Quater-Finals
                                Key Players: Dead_Rain, Ekko, Jeenyuss, royst, pavement, Tsumetai
                                Reason: Dead_Rain is fucking insane. Honestly, I missed last season so I didn't get to see him play, but he's a monster from what I've seen in the relatively competitive BD's he plays in. If Jeenyuss and Royst shark, they won't lose crams in front of great spiders like Ekko, Pavement and Tsumetai. If Lunch3 can get active and make a comeback, they'll probably put up good fights in playoffs and do extremely well. I love their lineup and activity, and I hope they do well.

Thunder
                                Key Players: chino, Dutch Baser, Ease, Fludd, NL>TERMINATOR, Windreaper
                                Reason: I don't know what to expect from these guys. Other than Ease in warbird I haven't really played any tough matches vs. them. NL>Terminator, DB, Fludd and Ease seem like such an incredible spider line, and Chino is a proven terr, but sharks? Windreaper's awesome, but who will he play with? Their placing is questionable, but they'll do ok.

Mambo
                                Key Players: Eeks, fizzy, Invincible, Leitz, M_M God, subby, WingZero
                                Reason: C'mon now guys, awesome basing line. But to what extent will you play without a solid terrier? WingZero's.. good, but not like he was in your first season. If Eeks, Invincible, Leitz and M_M can show to spider, and fizzy and Subby can shark, the lineup will do awesome. But the terrier has to hold his own, and hopefully WZ can do his job. Playoffs.

Sage
                                My Prediction: Quater-Finals at Best
                                Key Players: Kawrae, Spikey, Havu, Zizu, NL>Trigger, Depho, bliz
                                Reason: Spikey, Zizu, NL>Trigger, Depho and Bliz would be a phenominal lineup if they could get on at the same time and bliz could unrust. Kawrae's an awesome terrier, and they've got a bunch of mediocre-good sharks that can do their job. They're questionable like Mambo, because if they bring their A game they can probably pull a bunch of upsets.

Plade
                                My Prediction: Quater-Finals at Best
                                Key Players: Mikkiz, Sakke1, Dreamwin, sponge B0B
                                Reason: The squad was made right before TWL, and I haven't seen any of these guys in a while.. Mikkiz has always been a good terrier if he can fix his lag issues for the TWL bots, in which case Dreamwin will probably terr. Sponge B0B and Sakke are good spiders, although I've always seen Sakke as an awesome shark with Volny from way back when in Dudgeon. They won't do well, only because the other squads in TWL are so stacked. I think the best match they'll play is vs. Sage and Juice.

TeKs
                                My Prediction: Won't Do Well
                                Key Players: A I, Falk, RageRitual, dads revenge, Bartman
                                Reason: Honestly, I don't know much about this squad. They are a bunch of new guys, obvously trying to break into the scene of competitive basing, and they just won't have the experience or knowledge to put up a fight against any of the squads. Their best match will be vs. Plade, which still won't be a fun game for them.

Jewze
                                My Prediction: Epic Fail
                                Key Players: Logain, Tornad0, Little Slick
                                Reason: -2ez-

A very very well-thought start to a near-perfect predictions list, but you forgot one very important aspect. The laggots.
                                The old warn out vets will be surprised with the amount of newer generation players who are due for their breakout season. Skill can only get you so far, Skill + Lag is what wins TWLB. Good job though with the listings.

p.s. Kawrae + NL>Trigger are in the army and probably won't be playing in SagE :P
                                1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                                1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Working...
                                X