Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding the pandora vs sage replay of a replay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot to add that in the end we beat you and you joined us next league so you wouldn't have to lose again!
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
      You forgot to add that in the end we beat you and you joined us next league so you wouldn't have to lose again!
      I joined you cause Pirates dissolved and you never beat ME..!
      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
        Hi I just made fun of vaticans long post and then one minute later i write another long one of my own the only difference is that unlike vatican i have nothing to do with this situation at all i just really love acting like a hypocrite
        staff made a mistake to be sure, but you can't make a game count after you have pm'd the teams saying it doesn't. lets just not bother responding to this one i call last word.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
          Im oblivious to the fact that Pjotter only shortened his post to not get big text ppl have already seen again, and he only wanted to make it visible who he was replying to.
          All im saying is: Staff tells you to (re)play, then you (re)play, you win... then they come to the conclusion they should've never let you (re)play.. So staff declares the game void since the first one should've been counted. But to not be all asshole towards you they lett you get a third match, and dont even count the first one, while they even could have done that.

Comment

Few seasons back I remember playing -Final- In twlj quarterfinals... Was a lot of botproblems or lagproblems that game, which caused the game to take a pretty long time. We had 2 games played, one won by -Final- and one by Pirates, when -Final- didn't want to play the 3rd on the rule that you dont have to play a replay or anything if it isn't within half an hour blah blah thingy.. (one game was ended half way through cus of lag or bot not sure anymore)...

Then Staff forced -Final- to play a second round, knowing why they didn't want to play it and such, while basing that decision with the same insights they had when overruling that same decision. So yes, they overruled that decision, because they, after evaluation thought they made the wrong decision... and played the final round a week later...
            That is basicly what happened here aswell: They make the decision of having a replay, while no replay was needed cause lag didn't affect the game ( by hosts point of view ). Then you win that replay, and staff see's how they made the wrong decision for letting that replay be played.. and they basicly even have some sympathy for you by having a replay in the replay week.
            While understanding your point that this has been a reoccurring issue, we should perhaps remind ourselves that that if we don’t want to deal with this we can decide not to play in leagues. Since we are all invited to play, and considering the volunteer nature of the league, my opinion is that if league/staff screws up enough that people will leave and the league will implode.
            It is as if we are invited to a party each year, but each year the chip dip tastes like shit. We can choose not to go to the party next year or simply not eat the dip. Another possible choice is to make our own damn dip and hold our own party.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
              While understanding your point that this has been a reoccurring issue, we should perhaps remind ourselves that that if we don’t want to deal with this we can decide not to play in leagues. Since we are all invited to play, and considering the volunteer nature of the league, my opinion is that if league/staff screws up enough that people will leave and the league will implode.
              It is as if we are invited to a party each year, but each year the chip dip tastes like shit. We can choose not to go to the party next year or simply not eat the dip. Another possible choice is to make our own damn dip and hold our own party.
              What I basicly was trying to say is: Staff has to take decisions in the heat of the moment, and they have to be made fast.
              A lil later when they look over those decisions, they might disagree with their own decision, and thus make the decision void or come up with another solution. That is what they did in this instance. It happens, get over it, and if you cannot understand it maybe make ur own dip and hold ur own damn party.

P.S. me referring to that thingy of a few years back was just to point out that it's not only happening this TWL with these staff and it's not only happening to pandora.

Comment

All im saying is: Staff tells you to (re)play, then you (re)play, you win... then they come to the conclusion they should've never let you (re)play.. So staff declares the game void since the first one should've been counted. But to not be all asshole towards you they lett you get a third match, and dont even count the first one, while they even could have done that.
                LET us have a replay? they could have counted the first one? you REALLY think that after they tell us all its canceled during the game while we're ahead that they could possibly have been like woops ok it counts afterwards? man if they had done that i think i would have to track them down and murder them. lets hope you dont apply for staff any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                  man if they had done that i think i would have to track them down and murder them.
                  And that's when you know you should turn off your comp and go outside...

Oh, and im not saying I would've gave Sage the win... I wouldn't have made a zoner like that in the first place and would let all games finnish first...

Comment

Vati, I will say it one more time. When the zoner came, it was 1vs1 and at most 49-48 for you. Marge never changed his playing style, so either he never tried, or he kept on trying and still got owned.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
                      Vati, I will say it one more time. When the zoner came, it was 1vs1 and at most 49-48 for you. Marge never changed his playing style, so either he never tried, or he kept on trying and still got owned.
                      Galleleo, if you are trying to convince us that you can "prove" whether someone was "trying" or not once the zoner got sent out, then maybe you should just give up right there. I doubt you saw things the same way that the last players in the game did. Players who, after seeing the zoner, would have undoubtedly been affected in one way or another given the intensity of the close 49-48 score of the game. Therefore a replay was merited. Pandora won that replay.

If the score was 48-29 at the time of the zoner, your argument about the zoner not affecting the outcome of the game would hold, however in this case it does not given the close margin.

Unless you are a psychic of some sort, it would be impossible for you to know in what ways that zoner ended up altering the fate of an already very close game.
                      Last edited by Zingy; 10-31-2007, 10:18 PM.
                      CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Comment

i gots to back up my javs but all in all its a tough call i admit. definately wasnt your fault galleleo.

Comment

To some extent it actually is, game should have been killed immediately
                          "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

re

rednaz just said my whole argument and why its unfair to us. Hydra game, after cooling off i can see why it needs replay but why im so angry is that the reasons that Hydra needed a replay this weekend were reasons given to us last week for why there shoulndt be a replay in our Diso/Pand game. Only reason im angry.
                            TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                            TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                            KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                            1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                            1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

I understand that you people can't handle the fact that B.Rabbit owned Golden and Marge 2vs1. But if you stop trying you don't play like Marge did after that zoner.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                                rednaz just said my whole argument and why its unfair to us. Hydra game, after cooling off i can see why it needs replay but why im so angry is that the reasons that Hydra needed a replay this weekend were reasons given to us last week for why there shoulndt be a replay in our Diso/Pand game. Only reason im angry.
                                How are the reasons why hydra gets the replay similar to the reasons you should get a replay in the diso/pand game.
                                The "forced" sub of yours truely only made your team play better, whereas the forced sub of exquisite made their team lose giganticly...
                                On another note, you weren't forced to make a sub in your lb game cause of a staff screw up, while exquisite was, which effected the game immensely.

Comment

Working...
                                X