Base map and cramming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kuukunen View Post
    Nah. Levs will never be used in basing. As I said, using a lev would just force the opposing team to get someone spawn the lev for the whole match. The rest would be cramming normally.

Levs would rule the basing, given the ppl who know how to use them (like with specs today). I even tried getting staff to host few ?go base games with "good" caps where each side would have to pick 1 lev in a 15 min race, but noooo

If opposing team spawns the lev, the lev team provides a cover, then the opposing team cover that, then you have a whole bunch of ppl running around spawn, an nme terr (if smart) porting inside fr/lower, fr battle with lev going hiding, or 7s in base (do you dare lose freq to hunting lev?)
    Levs should be given old setup, 3 reps, port, AND due to possible spec-hunting a fully modded stealth...oh oh oh!...now how's that for possibilities...
    Originally posted by Disliked
    However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
    when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

• I still think 2 opening base is the way to renew interest and provide something interesting to basing. The roof idea was just that ... for the roof, not really to eliminate cram. I think the purpose isn't really to eliminate cram.

The purpose for change should be to provide something new, challenging, and exciting to basing. Allow teams to learn a new map, and learn how to implement new strategies.

Comment

• Here´s an idea:

Why not create another twd division of rotating base maps and hold mini-tournaments for them - like, top 8 squads in ladder get to compete in a minitournaments. I think just having a venue where a different map can be challenged and competed over would help increase the popularity - or alternating the map in go base with another map on weekends or something.

As for questions of strategy, that´s half the point of using a new map - we have no idea what the strategies would be more a map with, say, 2 entrances and a 10 player maximum. The only way to prove what squad is top tier is to constantly change the arena. If people are hellbent on keeping the old map, leave the division in place. It´s like the spider league - the first map sucked so nobody played it, so, instead of abandoning the league, just change the map. Easy.

Let´s get some diversity in the basing scene.
        3:sarger> the expression on her face said "ez" but the "arms" said "IMPOSSIBLE"

For some reason, this guy decided to post the entire wiki (or other) on pancakes. -Aquatiq

Comment

• And if everyone thinks that levs and xs are bad, then they won't be playing them, right ? So why not give a chance to those ppl who think levs and xs ARE good enough to be played. Just like with lanc today, it's usable, but no one plays it. What's the big deal with lev then ?

Lou :wub:
          a2m :wub:
          However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

• If the other team sends a spider/wb down to hunt the lev then the one team could possibly use their whole entire team to guard the lev and get it into lower to blast the shit out of fr... then the only way to kill the lev would be to use a jav to get it from top or another levi to do the same... imagine all the new scenerios that would arise just from allowing ALL ships to be used...

Sure it dosent sound like basing now a days but if you told people during season 4/5 that basing would become a game dependent on using as many spiders as you could, camping at the entrance in a TIME RACE rather than a point race... and that sharks will go from getting the most kills to getting the absolute least... they'd call you crazy
            Dice
            TWLB Champions Season 8
            TWLJ Champions Season 8
            TWLB Champions Season 10
            TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

• craaazy

Comment

• I proposed new bombing holes years back but everyone stomped my idea...

Add a few holes for javs and enforce a spiderlimit and maybe playing terrier will be fun again heck might even start learning it myself too and get back in tw
                Originally posted by Diakka
                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

• It wasn't point race. And no, they wouldn't have called you crazy. Basing is still mostly the same game as before, but with levs it wouldn't be. If you really want levs in basing, it doesn't have anything to do with TWLB anymore. You could try pushing for a new leageue and you could call it Trench Wars Non-Pure Pub League, since it would be mostly that: levs, greening and protecting levs, levterrs, spawning, not basing. Alternatively you could call it Trench Wars Sucky Leagues, because holy shit it would suck. No wait, that acronym is already used.

Well that's besides the point. The point of the whole thread is to discuss something that changes as little as possible, otherwise people will chicken out. I'm trying to get an idea of how many people want a change and what kind of change would have the most support. Maybe put a poll up later and use this thread as a reference. I'm trying to find a change that would have as many people as possibe supporting the it so there would actually be a very slight chance of staff even considering thinking about testing it.

Comment

• Why does it bother you so that levs and x's would be used ? It doesn't change the fact that you have to hold flag to win, so what is it to you if the other teams wants to green their lev ? No one says that teams now, have to attack all the time, but someone like ie Plade, might want to have more fun knowing they would lose a game beforehand. Or maybe a good squad wants to try a lev-cram

1. let us use ALL ships, since they don't want to implement a limit on number of spids, then why limit number of ship-choices
                    2. open it up, just a bit, so newbies still can cram

Comment

• It bothers me so because I've spent lots of time in pub. Besides, Plade did beat Dice.

Comment

• and I haven't played pub ? Plade is also 1-4.

You want to change the basing but only in the boundaries of your own desires and needs. That makes you just the same as all those other people who want the same thing, except the difference is that their desire is cram, so they fight for no changes.

FREE BASING

Comment

• Kuuk, it WAS a point race. Whoever got the most points at the end of the time period won the game. Thats why squads would hide lower at the end of the game if they were winning and lost flag... Maybe your not as old as I thought you were.
                          Also, read what Crv said. It would still be a basing league as the point of the game would still be to DEFEND THE FLAG IN THE BASE. If the lev or x isnt allowed in any leagues or pubs then just scrap the ship altogether from the zone.
                          Dice
                          TWLB Champions Season 8
                          TWLJ Champions Season 8
                          TWLB Champions Season 10
                          TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

• Meh, just my opinion, cramming is boring. The only time any game is fun is when the outcome is in doubt. This is like professional sports. How many of us have quit watching a hockey/basket ball/football game if the score is extremely one sided half way through? Unless it's your favorite team, you just get bored with it.

Put this into a basing context. Regardless of which side of the cram you are on, defending or attacking, when the cram breaks (or appears to be breaking) don't you wake up a little more? That's the exciting moment we've all be waiting for in any game. A flagroom battle is a crazy hectic, very fun time in a basing game. The stakes are high. Partly because you have the opportunity to set up your own cram and get some good flag time. Winning that battle really means somethings. A reason why we can't take away the cram completely.

The cram is, sometimes, very exciting. Like I said, only when the outcome is in doubt though. And all too often you see one squad with a vice grip on the base via an overly effective cram. The problem is, it's just too easy to hold a cram, and too hard to break it, all other things being equal. So I would totally support testing any change that will increase the likelyhood of a cram failing either by making sharks slightly less effective (you need sharks to break a cram too, though?) or redesigning the entrance so a terr can be more easily repped out (and the terr might die taking risks to stay in there).

I still think the cram is a little more fun than lining ever was. It feels like more of a challenge. Which is why we need a solution that doesn't make craming a less attractive way of holding base than lining. I think altering the entrance so a terr can be repped is briliant and innovative and should be testing imediately. That's just me though.
                            Spider
                            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

• Cram basing is boring. It's extremely tedious to watch and not much better to play. The flagroom is where nearly all the "fun" of basing occurs, so open the fucking flagroom. The base game has atrophied as a direct result of the rise of cram basing.
                              Can we wrap this up and just change the map already? I don't care how. People think shiplimit(lev)=0 sucks too? Fine, let's change it. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work, but who cares? Try something & fail, it's still more interesting than the same shit over and over again. You can correct mistakes with trial and error but you can't correct 'em if you don't do anything.
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

• Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                                ...if your good you would know how to break cram.
                                ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X