Announcing the beginning of TWL Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website

The website has gone through a complete overhall. The design is completely different, and the scripts will be new and modified.

Original Website Design: Strike
    Website Scripting: Castromarx

The website will launch around the same time (if not earlier) when TWL is officially underway.

Also, the design resembles the new TWL maps (?go twld; ?go twlj; ?go twlb) for colour, for the most part, so should show a greater intregration between league and site.

When it's all said and done, TWL-S6 should be one of the most successful seasons to date.

Good luck to all squads who participate, i wish you the best of luck. May your TWL Championship dream come true.
    -Cyber Strike
    Former TW SMod

Comment

Hooray! (That didnt sound too camp).
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Wow, has it been one year already since last season?

Can't wait, so much more competition!

Comment

I'm glad it's starting- future TWL season should start in later October, run until the second weekend of december- take a month for all star games, xmas break, etc- restart the second week of january, and playoffs start march 1st- it's awful to have this league start right when it's getting nice outside.
          Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Agreed, the league would be much better Fall/Winter when you're stuck inside anyway.

Comment

So the site's gonna be fugly, much like your overly bright maps Strike?
              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Deal With It

That's why you have a brightness button on your monitor. Deal with it.

You could always not play?
                -Cyber Strike
                Former TW SMod

Comment

I'm not adjusting my gamma for select arenas. Every other arena looks dandy. I think you might have had your gamma a wee bit below average when you created that tileset. My retinas totally ache after about fifteen minutes in a TWL arena.

Please tell me this design is something other than your usual vector-ish work. I know you're capable of producing something far more intriguing.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Woot
                    Fat people are really hard to kidnapp.
                    Shock.p3 Media Player

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
                      Agreed, the league would be much better Fall/Winter when you're stuck inside anyway.

Fall And Winter for you is Spring and Summer for people in the southern hemisphere. (If you're in the northern Hemisphere) How unfair and inconsiderate of you! =P

Comment

I dont think there are that much people from the south part. I know only like 5 people from the south part of the world
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

During the summer Tucson is like an oven.

p.s. ban Value
                          Last edited by Webbb Llama v1.5; 03-31-2003, 04:44 AM.
                          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Yeh, the last time TWL took place over the summer we almost dropped out of the leagues due to horrible attendance.
                            'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                            sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

It's going to end mid-July. I understand everyone's desire for it to not be on over the summer. Here are your options though:

A) Have it start now and end in mid-July

-or-

B) Wait another 5 months for us to start

I'll make no apologies for TWL not starting sooner. We happened to be under the impression that we were supposed to do this right, not just throw together a league so you guys could shoot each other. Not only that, but there were several issues that continued to set us back (in game issues and real life).

Once this season begins, TWL is going to run constantly. There will be a short 2-3 week break in between seasons to make adjustments and allow for squads to qualify through TWD which will also be continuous.
                              Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Almost continuous TWL sounds great. Shame about it being over the summer though...WHo am I kidding, I don't go out.
                                thabear> i know how to play zombs guy
                                thabear dies a miserable horrible death at the hands of a Zombie!
                                thabear> WTF ?

Comment

Working...
                                X