Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pascone View Post
    maybe i'm the only one that thinks this.. but

if (when) someone does really well in this new league, wouldn't an established twl squad recruit that person? they would then have a better chance of winning twl instead of playing on the amateur squad?
    well for one, i dont see why this is bad... and two.. TWL has softlock/hardlock so I dont see how they could steal many players
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

AML is good, I think TWLA sounds crap though.

I've always been in favour of stuff like this (remember TWIB?) though I would urge you to also include an AML-J league as there are many, many JD squads.

'Amateur' only really makes sense if contrasted with 'Professional', and... none of the leagues are professional, because nobody gets paid.
      dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

I think that if you use squads according to the TWD, you can still build your own website and use the TWD website as feed (or scrape) as input for your own page. All your operator has to do, is assign the match id numbers to your own site.

Saves you a lot of manual input or security issues.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
          You already have all the tools to start this. The TWD System can be used for all the games and stat tracking. Just set up a forum thread and you can track the stats manually. The winning team ?messages you the URL to the game and you don't have to worry about having a staffer over watch the game.

Assign the squads their opponents for the week and give them the 7 days to have their match.
          I think it'll deserve it's own website once it gets going. Not giving it a website is setting it up to fail. The forum thread is a good idea though; it allows squads to play on their own time and post the links to the game. I would suggest that someone looks at the thread at least once a day to update the website or just have it like the twd site.

I think a good way to ensure that everyone participates in the league that wants to would be to have the games loosely scheduled. Given a week to play one or two games would be much easier than hoping everyone in the squad logged on during the weekends to play. A lot of uncompetitive squads aren't gonna commit to playing a tight schedule like in twl. Since it wouldn't need to be referreed, the captains/assists who start the game should be responsible for reporting the outcome if you can't get a site to automatically do it.

As far as the structure of the league, I like the play each team 2x, best of 3 rounds idea. I think that they should also be required to play at least one game against the other divisions/conferences to ensure that one division isn't stacked. This happens a lot in professional sports, mainly because divisions are regional, not based on performance or equity. The playoffs seem a bit trite, i'd like a double elimination, but sometimes you can't be simpicity.

I look forward to playing in this league come august.
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

Once the new TWL website it completed it wouldnt be hard to duplicate it in some way.

I have a question how is AML going to be sceduled? (what day will games be played)
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
              Once the new TWL website it completed it wouldnt be hard to duplicate it in some way.

I have a question how is AML going to be sceduled? (what day will games be played)
              games are going to be scheduled based on a preseason meeting of the squads... and perhaps once a week squads will choose a day and time during the week

AML will not be based strictly on a weekend, these games can be chosen anytime during the week to allow all players to be able to show up, if they choose to have it during a weekday

the other issue i have is depending on how many squads join, the season could be very very long if there is only one game a week... so perhaps allowing multiple games a week would speed everything up more
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

you know a threads popular when it has 35 post and 1k in views, and it doesnt even have ward and cops going at it!
                Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
                  you know a threads popular when it has 35 post and 1k in views, and it doesnt even have ward and cops going at it!
                  must mean its a good idea?
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

A website for this amateur league is a good idea to make it official. I would suggest giving the amateur league the current TWL website with a few manipulations and paying someone to do a professional regular TWL website. Not that the site we have now is crap, just that it's outdated and people are always complaining about not having enough time or energy to do it. P_L offered to pay for some google adwords before, I'm not suggesting he pays for the whole thing but you could set up a donations system like what used to be set up for the TW servers. Btw, whatever happened to that page on the regular TW website that showed people who sent money for the TW servers? I sent money for the servers and I saw many other people who did, I'm sure they raised some decent money all things considered.
                    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                    3:Best> see it coming
                    3:Best> sad

Comment

lol, tbh besides some league structure ideas, my squad's participation in aml-d and aml-b im not sure what i can do :< I can code in html and java a bit just not enough to really make something work just maybe help on the side. I feel useless now
                      lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Originally posted by midoent View Post
                        lol, tbh besides some league structure ideas, my squad's participation in aml-d and aml-b im not sure what i can do :< I can code in html and java a bit just not enough to really make something work just maybe help on the side. I feel useless now
                        structure ideas are a good start then, anything that anyone can do will help, we just need to get the ball rolling for this thing
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

If someone has designing skills I wouldn't mind translating a design into valid html/css.

Why not something like this:

Last edited by Zerzera; 05-28-2008, 06:43 AM.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
                            If someone has designing skills I wouldn't mind translating a design into valid html/css.

Why not something like this:

looks good to me, i have no idea how to do a website or anything like that, so connecting that with people that do might be the real issue, however I'm sure it can be done...

as far as what kolar told me, we can use seperate bots (not twd ones) for these games, and they can link directly to a website for stats/scores/etc
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I could write the database-connectivity side in PHP if someone else does all the designing junk.
                              dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Lag.com :wub:

Id help, but flabby and i are supposed to be trying to get a new twl site done...
                                Plus the gallery finished and all that other crap thats on the lists of shit to do.
                                PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                                Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Working...
                                X