No announcement yet.

Twl Amateur League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my point was that if all the good players from the winning squad bailed to an established twl squad the NEXT season, then the amateur squad would probably dissolve pretty fast
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

This discussion is lookin really good. It's nice to see everyone come together to create this. I've talked to Exalt about some of my concerns and he seems to be finding solutions with your help. I'm totally in support of this idea, and now would be the time to get an organized group together. I'm still workin on getting TWL stuff organized and fixed, but I'll be checking this thread to see how things are goin.

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
        my point was that if all the good players from the winning squad bailed to an established twl squad the NEXT season, then the amateur squad would probably dissolve pretty fast
        thats where loyalty comes in. If they can rank high in amld im sure they will want to stay around and make twl.
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
          Isn't that the current problem? Maybe if most people that run squads these days had more balls and told people they're not welcome back after they've left it wouldn't be such an issue. Either way I don't see the problem being fixed with this amateur league or anything else really, and as many times as people suggest silly ideas of forcing people into staying on squads, it's still a bad idea.

On a totally different thought, but still related, squad rivalries are pathetic these days. There's no hatred between squads as compared to many seasons ago. Without the fierce rivalries the matches aren't as interesting. If there was some way to get people to stop being such squad hoppers then we'd see an improvement in everything because rivalries would become more common.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

As for the website, I have a host for it and can do all the basic coding/designing myself, but I am absolutely clueless when it would come time to link it like the current one is linked to the TWL bots. I suppose the squads could just post the results on the forums, and those results transferred to the website, but I personally think that idea is a bit queer. I also have intentions of tying in a sort of AML-M (Amateur League Manager) like Anzu did for TWL into the website. I think that would get the TWL quality players involved in which AML squads/players are performing well, and which ones are all talk. Should I include a HoN section as well, or is that mirroring TWL a bit too much?

Comment

IIRC the bots just connect to a SQL db and upload the results there, and the website just fetches them back out of the db, there's nothing special about it. Would just have to copy some existing table structure into an 'AML' table or something, then the bot source code would be trivial to edit too.
              dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

I don't understand the idea, is it a way to replace TWD? since when TWL was considered professional league?

Whats the point of this league?
                I'm really asking because I just see rules without any reason or why to make this league... ( not rejecting the idea, but wondering what for)

Comment

no it isnt replacing twd, this is a way of getting lower-tier squads involved in an organised league such as TWL with which they are not likely to achieve (within a short period of time) and this gives them experience and entertainment and brings a competitive level to the lower tier squads. This will run around (1-2 weeks later than the start of TWL) and hopefully if we get everything sorted out it will follow a similar structure to TWL. To the dissenters in TWL - why? it shouldn't concern you if you're in TWL and not the AML, I very much doubt lower tier squads are going to reject the opportunity to compete in a league more prestigious than TWD.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                    no it isnt replacing twd, this is a way of getting lower-tier squads involved in an organised league such as TWL with which they are not likely to achieve (within a short period of time) and this gives them experience and entertainment and brings a competitive level to the lower tier squads. This will run around (1-2 weeks later than the start of TWL) and hopefully if we get everything sorted out it will follow a similar structure to TWL. To the dissenters in TWL - why? it shouldn't concern you if you're in TWL and not the AML, I very much doubt lower tier squads are going to reject the opportunity to compete in a league more prestigious than TWD.
                    So what you offer is a league for the weak squads who didn't made it to TWL.

I think the previous ideas were better, but I don't care really...

Comment

...and winner of amateur league gets spot in next twl
                      FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

Shouldn't only those who qualify and are good enough be the ones who play in the zone's premier league? (TWL)

Why have a "league" for the average squad who will play other average squads, then automatically get in next TWL without having to do anything the next season?

When a premier squad drops out, which really shouldn't happen unless they're losing every game, they should be replaced by the next squad in line at the end of qualifying, not the next highest in the current TWD ladder.

IMO, the TWLA will be a way for TWL dropouts to reform and try to win TWLA just to get in the next TWL, which shouldn't be hard for them since they originally qualified for TWL.

Also, regular season should be the soft-lock and hard-lock at the end of the qualifiers, I think this could help squad loyalty.

I'm not totally against an Amateur league, it would probably be a league I could play in, but it lessens the importance of TWL being Trench Wars' premier league imo, and the winner shouldn't automatically get in TWL.

Comment

Ya
                          1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                          1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 420 View Post
                            Shouldn't only those who qualify and are good enough be the ones who play in the zone's premier league? (TWL)

Why have a "league" for the average squad who will play other average squads, then automatically get in next TWL without having to do anything the next season?

When a premier squad drops out, which really shouldn't happen unless they're losing every game, they should be replaced by the next squad in line at the end of qualifying, not the next highest in the current TWD ladder.

IMO, the TWLA will be a way for TWL dropouts to reform and try to win TWLA just to get in the next TWL, which shouldn't be hard for them since they originally qualified for TWL.

Also, regular season should be the soft-lock and hard-lock at the end of the qualifiers, I think this could help squad loyalty.

I'm not totally against an Amateur league, it would probably be a league I could play in, but it lessens the importance of TWL being Trench Wars' premier league imo, and the winner shouldn't automatically get in TWL.

The squad that wins twl-a will obviously have to last for a while to take the next twl's spot. Why would they drop out? Besides, it is much easier to recruit good players for twl if you already made it.

And AML has to have an incentive to compete in, because winning it does not give bragging rights.
                            lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

to those who think that an unqualified team would earn an automatic bid into TWL, the spot that they're "winning" would have been given to the next best team on the ladder. The team that wins the league would have beaten the team that would have made it into TWL (if it wasn't them) as it is now. So in fact, they'd be better qualified.
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/

Comment

We should arrange whole new TWL. Make 12 big knock-out-tournaments free for all squads. Winners will get TWL spot. Winners of each tournament wont be able to participate any other tournament after their victory. Also, lock rosters. Next year, same system, just with 11 squads + 1 winner of TWL amateur. lolz
                                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X