Twl Amateur League Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

roster cap ftw, I think all squads should have no more then 35-40 ppl

Then you will have probably have a few more basing squads.
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
      And this is exactly why we suggested an amateur league separate from twl :annoyed:
      Not sure if this quote has anything to do what I am about to say.

I don't really see so many squads active that there is room for two seperate leagues. If TWL might suffer from squaddissolvings, so will the amateur league. Perhaps its fun for the amateur squads to play eachother for a title, but I would never want to play in it and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with a lot of other people who have been around.

The amateur league is a very good idea, only it should've been implemented five years ago. I think it's too late now. A lot of work for a zone thats filled with people who are getting less interested each day.
      Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
      Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
      Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
      Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

the amateur league isnt specifically designed for squads that miss out on twl by 1 place, its designed mainly for the squads like ossify, disabled, nc17 and others (there are lots of them) to get a league experience at a higher level than twd - of course there probably would be 1-3 half decent squads in the mix, but we designed this not as a league to equal or rival TWL but to let these guys have fun. Also - Exalt went around and asked about 11-12 different squad owners of squads around the calibre i mentioned and every single one supported this amateur league (and clearly a lot of people dont come on forums to voice their opinions) so, there are enough squads.
        TWL-J Season 11 Champion
        TWL-J Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 21 Champion
        TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
        TWDT-D 2017 Champion
        TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

For those of you saying you came up with this idea, FAIL, -TWIB-.

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX View Post
            TWIB was a fucking failure (most likely cause you ran it)
            2:Cig Smoke> why u challengin me to a duel
            2:Cig Smoke> When i clearly am better
            2:Miksel> becouse you think you great
            2:Cig Smoke> how many titles have u won
            2:Cig Smoke> im guessin 0
            2:Cig Smoke> thdx
            2:Miksel> elim 3
            2:Cig Smoke> lol elim
            2:Morgane> LOL
            2:Enflame> haha
            2:Cig Smoke> IM TALKIN ABOUT TWL

Comment

I have an idea, Why dont the winner of this little AML get an auto qualification into the following TWL. That would make these squads try much harder and actually give a shit about this little lower tier league. I think It would be a good idea. Give the newer players somthing to strive for. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by Geio View Post
                I have an idea, Why dont the winner of this little AML get an auto qualification into the following TWL. That would make these squads try much harder and actually give a shit about this little lower tier league. I think It would be a good idea. Give the newer players somthing to strive for. :grin:
                you idiot we already said that, go read up! :wub:
                TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Geio View Post
                  if TWL only had 8 squads, then only the top 8 squads should be there. How does winning AML, which doesn't include any of the top 8 squads, demonstrate a squad is one of the top 8? Would make more sense to allow the 8th place squad in TWL an automatic spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Static Burn View Post
                    if TWL only had 8 squads, then only the top 8 squads should be there. How does winning AML, which doesn't include any of the top 8 squads, demonstrate a squad is one of the top 8? Would make more sense to allow the 8th place squad in TWL an automatic spot.
                    it promotes the winning squad of the AML to stay together until the next twl and hopefully they will improve over the period inbetween, and clearly players would swarm to join a squad which has an auto-qualification for next twl, it would do wonders for that squad.
                    TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                    TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                    TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                    TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                    TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

I must agree with ricko, and sorry I didn't see this earlier. Too many fucking post's to read...i stopped after post 2 lol. Anyways. Static then maybe we could make it 10 for the league and take the two finalists from each respected divison. Dont have this league for the amatuers to win if when you win nothing happens. Give the poor guys some incentive to shoot for. :headbang:

Comment

I'm jsut posting so we get away those Racial Aorta Invasion
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX View Post

Originally posted by EnFlAmE View Post
                          TWIB was a fucking failure (most likely cause you ran it)
                          It was also not the first attempt at a seperate league.

Speaking from experience in TWL FAIL I can tell you that when you run a development squad and they squeeze thier way into TWL it take the competition out of the game. The hardest part of any training squad is getting together a line that works well together I have seen this in LD and LJ as well as LB. In most cases there is far less dedication in training squads from the players then you will find in the upper tier squads and an organised line verse a thrown together line wil not create competition or be an entertaining match. So maybe a pub mention hell the pub map could have a text box added to the top listing the TWAL and TWL winners very easily.
                          ?find dads revenge

Comment

thats wrong. The key for getting a competitive training squad is to have 10-15 good players core, with trainees being kept to boost activity. Active squad = good players stay at LEAST to play a lot of games. If a squad has a good atmosphere a funny chat and all the other niceties even more incentive for players to stay. Having a sociable cap also helps (something i lack, i rarely talk to people outside of squad) Penetrate has been doing this for 2 years now. BW is similar way with a newer generation good player core. I havent really been around during 2004 twl where RB almost made it to playoffs but from what ive heard they did it the same way.

Besides that, Static burn, do you know how EPL runs? Following your logic, shouldnt the bottom 2 squads have more reason to stay in premier than the top 2 1st Division squads? System worked for longass time, noone i know complains Trust me if a squad that wins aml and manages to keep core players, theyll recruit best players for a squad finishing last anyway.
                            lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

Originally posted by midoent View Post
                              thats wrong. The key for getting a competitive training squad is to have 10-15 good players core, with trainees being kept to boost activity. Active squad = good players stay at LEAST to play a lot of games. If a squad has a good atmosphere a funny chat and all the other niceties even more incentive for players to stay. Having a sociable cap also helps (something i lack, i rarely talk to people outside of squad) Penetrate has been doing this for 2 years now. BW is similar way with a newer generation good player core. I havent really been around during 2004 twl where RB almost made it to playoffs but from what ive heard they did it the same way.
                              im probably top 3 cap of heavy

btw AML is a good idea but it's about 3 years too late... as of right now the only squads that could field 5 players consistently in twdd are NC17, gremlin, ossify, penetrate, rape, whycryif2ez, and uh... dynasty. and whatever squad nlie is on. but whatever, just do it and see what happens.

to have the winner of AML be invited to TWL is a good idea too, only if the seasons are staggered. and given the limited remaining lifespan of trench wars and the fact that TWL is anticipated to start in ~4 months, AML needs to start in the next month or so in order to have a full season and the desired effect.

i mean, what's the holdup? you dont even need official arenas and bots for it, just set a game time and use the TWD/wbduel bots. all that really needs to be done is to get the word out (pm captains & make a forum post / news update on twd site / green msg when u enter tw) and schedule game times, which can be done manually.

we're losing players by the day, the point of this whole thing is to reinvigorate interest in the zone, right? enough talking and discussion, lets get it started. figure shit out along the way. hell, if you want me to i'll do it myself. just need endorsement from the people who are capable of doing the things i mentioned above.

anyways, i just want more organized competition in this game. i wouldn't try in elim if there wasnt robo ref, i wouldn't try in javs if there wasnt the streakbot, and i wouldn't try in twd if the site wasnt there tracking my stats.
                              Last edited by tragiK; 06-14-2008, 04:39 AM.
                              Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

need some vet squads recruiting like 1-2 really active pubbers and train them instead of just stealing ppl off other squads so we can get these mother fucker active again i see like 20-25 same pubbers in pub playing day n day and only if a squad would just come ask them to join and train them theres 1 more person for twd but no one taking the risk of training sumone waiting for fucking rejected basres or sumone to train instead.

back to topic: how would teams for tw amateur league be chosen since tragik said its gonna be hosted before twl ? so the winner of twal gets a spot in twl.
                                1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                                JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                                1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                                http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X