Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 spid limit and 3 rounds-thoughts?

It's been a while, but I have a small update:

We are getting a new TWL site! woo! It is a long and laborious task, but hopefully you all will like the new and improved version. One of the main improvements over the other site will be an eligibility check. Instead of skimming through forums and trying to make sure none of your players are ineligible, the site will do this for you. Hopefully we will also be able to work this into the TWL bots (as you all may have noticed the bots have not been very cooperative the past few days) also so that it will not allow an ineligible player to be added and thus avoid the forfeit mess from past TWL seasons.

Now, on to business. I ran across a thread a long time ago where it seemed many players would like TWLJ and TWLD games to be 3 rounds instead of 1. What does everyone think?

Also, the 4 spid limit has been brought up. It was used in BWC and now TWDT, should it be implemented in TWL?

One additional point: Cram blocks wont be in TWL, just like how it is now in TWD
    Last edited by MirrorriM; 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM.

re

3 rounds

no spider limit

More games were skill will prevail over luck .
    TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
    1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
    1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

save 3 rounds for playoffs. games take long enough as it is. getting hosts for games is also hard enough already (you know this from previous twls, and twdt currently)

upsets can and should occur. makes things more interesting. then they might have to actually try to make the playoffs
      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

As I just told Mirror in game I figured I'd post this here. Games in LD and LJ would take too long for 3 rounds at the current setup. 3, 20 minute rounds would end up taking one and a half hours, if you add in the host setuptime and team add time.

The game time limit would have to be lowered to 15 minutes max, or the timeslots for the rounds would have to be made to be longer.
        Trench Wars Moderator

TWDT-B Season 3 Champion: WOOT

6:Centurion <ZH>> afk embalming babies
        3:royce> i wish i knew how to penetrate
        1:Markmrw> i feel like i need a dick all of a sudden
        1:Markmrw> fuck wrong chat!
        1:Markmrw> :O
        1:RaCka> ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Comment

If it was 3 rounds, the host would sign up for the 1 game, not the 3 rounds each.

Comment

I agree with the 3 rounds, although I really hate the jav/wb/lanc factor. Doesnt improve it, just makes it more chaotic (repped wb shots, laggy javs and so on).
            To me it would basically be like giving football players jetpacks...
            TWDTJ Champion Fall Season 2022 (6.5 *)

Comment

You should change it to 3 rounds, you wait a week then you get to play 1 round blah.
              (Paradise)>dj sage
              (HELLZNO!)>is he good, ive never heard his music
              1: Dynasty> LOL
              1:vue> LOL
              1:Cap> LOOL

Comment

Originally posted by sarger View Post
                I agree with the 3 rounds, although I really hate the jav/wb/lanc factor. Doesnt improve it, just makes it more chaotic (repped wb shots, laggy javs and so on).
                To me it would basically be like giving football players jetpacks...
                That sounds like a blast! NFL team versus some science nerd camp football!

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                  If it was 3 rounds, the host would sign up for the 1 game, not the 3 rounds each.
                  then who would host the other games...
                  violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                  [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

The same way it's always worked; hopefully even better now with the new ER system.

Comment

yes 3 rounds
                      Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                      2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                      2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

3 rounds- no, pascone is right

4 spid limit- yes
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

teams should have to bring their best for that one round every week
                          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

ABSOLUTELY NO FOR 4-SPIDERLIMIT. K.

And the other thing, 3 rounds yes. Let me remind u: this twl there is less teams, which makes it more competetive. we've hired many new <ER>'s.

So I think we got enough staff to host all games. In playoffs there should be 15 or 20 deaths.
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

4 spider limit - yes
                              3 Round TWLJ/LD matches - yes