No announcement yet.

Some javelin theory to ponder about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the last couple posts in this thread got kinda stupid...
    anyways,

if there is one thing that should be drilled into each players mind is teaming. put your team first and you cant go wrong. ideally, each person in the game should ask themselves one question before each action:

is what i am about to do going to put my team in a better position?
    if yes, then do it.
    if no, dont.

that should be the overall driving concept in every game you play. we all know that a great personal record doesnt directly translate to a win. at the highest level of competition, you will win or lose as a team.

that being said, now you have to micromanage your own decisions while remembering to keep the 'team first' mentality. this is the skill portion of it all. in my opinion, skill is basically comprised of dodging, aiming, and general movement*. its the actual time where you either get your kill or you avoid being killed. this is probably the easiest part to get large amounts of practice in. i say this because you can basically do it without a team. ?go elim and ?jo javs are the ideal spots to increase your basic skills of the game. during these times you really only have 2 things to concentrate on:
    1. dont get killed
    2. kill other people

*things that fall under general movement: rushing (everything), finding your camping spots quickly(base), hitting any hole the first time thats just wide enough to fit through(javs/base). there are many different things that can go in this category, its just your basic command on making your ship go where you want it to.

this fits back into the main picture of it all pretty well. if you are really good at not getting killed while laying down the smack, its up to you and your team to put you into positions where that is possible. if youre one of the people on your team that isnt the best in those situations, you should take more of a setup role.

im sure i have more, but i have got ot go for now

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Lag Killer this is basically a skill used in both LD and JD. The best warbirds and javs never give away their shot by following the enemy with the top of their ship, they always turn that towards the player at the last second before bombing to take the shot. Not only does increase the chance of catching the other player off guard, but it also increases the centripetal force on the bomb/bullet and makes it go faster. Especially when you combine that with a rock or wall shot.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

subspace doesn't actually have centripetal force taken into effect but apart from that yeah
        dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Yes it does. If you fling your ship you get extra speed.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Seriously turning doesn't add speed to projectiles
            dim> if you want to go and suggest that black people are rapists, more so than white people. go and do it in real life, but you won't....because you'll get beaten up and you can only cope on a 2d spaceship game

Alinea> And let me apologize in advance if it comes across harsher than I would like because I definitely mean it in a let's-make-the-game-better-and-get-this-thing-released-cuz-I'm-getting-very-pregnant kind of way

3:Mattey> there is more to america than capitalism

Comment

Actually in warbird, it really honestly does.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Lag.Com View Post
                Seriously turning doesn't add speed to projectiles
                yes it does
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                1:waven> is if im going to prison
                1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  Yes it does. If you fling your ship you get extra speed.
                  No it really doesn't.

Neither does hitting a rock before you shoot something.

It's all in your mind, but if you actually do some testing (I have) you'll realize it makes absolutely no difference.
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

I can show you in an arena that hitting a rock and flinging your ship does increase bullet speed epine.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I am 100% sure it doesn't and I could show you in multiple arena's... It does look like it does, but it actually doesn't....!!!!
                      TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                      TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                      TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                      First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

I am 100% sure it doesn't as well. Not only would a quick knowledge of zone settings tell you this, but I've extensively tested this in the past as well to settle an argument I had.
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Yeah well boosting 100% sideways wasn't really intentional in the game either, because rock shots DO create more speed.
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

rock shots increase speed...why else would people do them
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

They don't, there was testing done back on the old forums (and may have been rehashed on these) that solved it as being just an optical illusion.

Comment

You people actually thought hitting a rock increased the speed of a shot? Some fucked up perspectives you got there...

Please stick to the thread's initial discussions, I thought there was some good stuff being discussed.

Comment

Working...
                                X