Some javelin theory to ponder about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re

it seems faster because of the lag caused by hitting the rock, which makes the illusion that its coming faster. Lets go back to javs, teaming isn't the best thing, but being able to control pace is the most important thing because u dictate if you will win or lose.
    TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
    KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
    1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
    1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Consistency

Being a 1 league player as a warbird since the time I started playing this zone, I have to say that DD/LD is the hardest place to be consistent in, even after playing only that one league since the start. At some point when I was in Doom, Grapevine, Rampage, Shinobi, and Style, I had completely lost all my consistency. I started off in Grapevine where I would excel nearly every round, then to Shinobi where I played exceptionally well, then Rampage where in the beginning of joining that squad I was rape and carry every DD, then 2 weeks into it I started sucking terribly, then to Doom (and Fear) where I had proably the WORST warbirding season, and then finally to Style where I played every round of LD well with Skepsis, being the two alive at the end for a few LD rounds to win the game (except that last play-off round where I shoudn't have been subbed on a heartbeat at -3).

Point being, looking at me right now (at Thunder) I played well for the first week, and then I am on a sudden down-slope yet again and unable to perform even in TWD rounds.

Warbirding just needs you to care enough and stay alive and be patient for every single round in order to perform well, including numerous different factors that effect your gameplay/performance. Such as your aim on that day, your reactions, your willingness to dodge a shot the hard way (when there is no easy way), your willingness to team with your team mates, your ability on that day to correctly look at your radar, and your ability to not choke and dodge INTO fast shots rather than dodge AWAY from them.

With so many factors (some of which that can also be applied to javs), it makes it so hard to be consistent in this league. I admit as well, that luck can somestimes play quite a role in a DD/LD match. (Spawning, to be greeted with a bullet). All these factors apply even to a warbird who has been playing for a long time and has countless amount of experience (could be anyone, im not talking about just myself here...).

I'd also like to address the "I don't care" card:

This is really the biggest factor, above skill even. If you don't care to perform well, then you most likely will not perform well. (Willingness to dodge a shot rather than sit there and let it hit you just so you can get on with your next life and hope for a better start....but on your next life you just end up doing the same thing..and it doesn't bother you..much..).

When players tell me "I just don't care anymore" I actually believe them (if they were good at some point in their warbirding career (or javing)).

My evaluation:

60% care factor, 30% skill factor, 10% luck.

But you can make this a bit more interesting....would a player who cares more, make him a more skilled player for that time? :O :O

Skill = Care factor % + physical ability %

Physical ability being: your ability to quickly react and make your fingers do their magic on the arrow keys to survive, or make a kill.

I can go on and on as well....but I have already completely failed to make this a javelin topic....(lawl)

Just my thoughts on warbirding, and sharing some opinions like the rest.

Edit:

I wanted to add "knowledge" as one of the factors...knowledge as in knowng what to do and when to do it..and your ability to outsmart another warbird by juking (as you can in a jd)

so Care Factor % skill % Knowledge %

You can give the points out according to your own beliefs here...

and looking at it the second way like up above:

Skill = Care factor % physical ability % knowledge %

and then all that makes me bring into question:

What IS skill?

Maybe someone out there knows the answer

P.S.

Rock shots do not increase speed...........in order to do that, your warbird itself would have to increase its speed.

When you shoot, you come to a sudden stop as you it the rock, making the bullet LOOK faster...when really you can fire a bullet JUST as fast by moviing forward...
      Last edited by Purple Heart; 12-20-2008, 01:32 PM.
      TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
      TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

Working...
      X