TWL Week 2 : Featured Matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PjOtTeR View Post
    God, I have no memory of ever typing that, that's just weird.

As I recall from last season, the rules were exactly interpreted the way I told. And it was a controversial rule back then as it still is now since it hasn't been changed eventhough people brought it up. It is weird therefor that this rules is interpreted differently this year from last year eventhough it says the exact fucking same.

If you call me a moron on the fact that the rule never changed and this year it was handled differently from last year, then just go ahead and call me a moron because that just shows what kind of ignorant clusterfuck you really are.

I never said it hadn't been discussed by staff preseason and that staff might have decided it this way... I just find it very strange nothing in the rules was changed concerning this rule or atleast that the twl-ops didn't tell properly how this rule would be read. That is also what I said below a couple of times... I might not have your sense of humor but I wasn't the guy that left his squad to scare his squaddies for laughs and giggles because I r the funnypants, god are you kidding me... How the fuck am I supposed to take anything any of these persons say seriously, please explain, please.
    You could have always...you know.....pointed this out during the exceedinly long consultation we had about the new TWL rules...and we could have clarified the rule.

Shit we can't be perfect, yes we fucked up, we didn't make the rule 100% clear to everyon. I had no idea what the interpretation was last year, prehaps if it was SO controversal last year...it would have been good to bring i up when we were rewriting the rules

But seriously gtfo, there was plenty of times to check how we interpreted it. We havn't selectivly interpreted this rule as you keep trying to suggest and imply. The code was written based on the interpretation of the rule following extensive discussion with the TWL OPs before the season started.

In fact you can tell exactly when the code was written as it co-insides with the poll about getting rid of soft-lock.
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=35287
    Dated 2 november 2008. Well before TWL even started.

Incidentally in that that thread the rule is clarified. I ask the question what should happen if this situation ariese
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...4&postcount=23
    Sorry if this is kinda off topic but i have a question i would like the answer to :P

Player X joins a TWL squad
    They leave before soft-lock
    Can they join a new TWL squad after soft-lock?
    This is answered by Mirrorrim.
    http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...7&postcount=26
    Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
    Actually, they can join another TWL squad. If they leave their TWL squad before soft lock, they now become a TWD Player, which means they can join a TWL squad after soft lock. Whether or not they were on a TWL squad before soft lock does not matter.
    So now..will you please FUCK OFF with the conspiracy theories.

Originally posted by Phred View Post
    Why do you make rules so confusing anyway? There is no need for 2 different rosterlocks, and why can player rejoin the sqd he has left during same season? That will only result to stupid situtations like this one here.
    We were hoping to get rid of it completely, personally i think its stupid and it was nasty to code...but you guys seem to like it (check the poll...the vote was too split to remove it without pisssing alot of people off)...so it stayed

Now i hope your happy. and we can get the fuck on with fixing the site and making sure TWL happens (once again) and you guys can get off our back on these shitty minor mistakes.

PS: Did you guys wanna hop so bad,
    you got upset that you found out you could have,
    when you thought you couldn't?
    Says alot about you
    Last edited by Doc Flabby; 12-24-2008, 06:46 AM.
    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
      You could have always...you know.....pointed this out during the exceedinly long consultation we had about the new TWL rules...and we could have clarified the rule.

Shit we can't be perfect, yes we fucked up, we didn't make the rule 100% clear to everyon. I had no idea what the interpretation was last year, prehaps if it was SO controversal last year...it would have been good to bring i up when we were rewriting the rules

But seriously gtfo, there was plenty of times to check how we interpreted it. We havn't selectivly interpreted this rule as you keep trying to suggest and imply. The code was written based on the interpretation of the rule following extensive discussion with the TWL OPs before the season started.

In fact you can tell exactly when the code was written as it co-insides with the poll about getting rid of soft-lock.
      http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=35287
      Dated 2 november 2008. Well before TWL even started.

Incidentally in that that thread the rule is clarified. I ask the question what should happen if this situation ariese
      http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...4&postcount=23

This is answered by Mirrorrim.
      http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...7&postcount=26

So now..will you please FUCK OFF with the conspiracy theories.

We were hoping to get rid of it completely, personally i think its stupid and it was nasty to code...but you guys seem to like it (check the poll...the vote was too split to remove it without pisssing alot of people off)...so it stayed

Now i hope your happy. and we can get the fuck on with fixing the site and making sure TWL happens (once again) and you guys can get off our back on these shitty minor mistakes.

PS: Did you guys wanna hop so bad,
      you got upset that you found out you could have,
      when you thought you couldn't?
      Says alot about you

My dear coding friend, stop bothering with what people, who are autistic and dumb from the definition, are saying.
      Last edited by veetee; 12-24-2008, 08:37 AM.
      2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
      2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
      2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

I've seen too much subjective behaviour and decision making by twl-ops in the past and I only made that assumption on what I knew and since I do not read every thread in this forum I had no idea that was already brought up and explained somewhere in some thread... Since I know from last season the rule was handled differently... I still however think the rule is dumb then because you can still decide to hop after your first match for your twl squad... and the soft-lock rule should be made so that you have to leave be4 end of week 1 games and may not have played a real twl-match to be able to play for another squad... This would only be logicall... and I haven't been on very much during the long rule consultation and I really wasn't in the mood or place to pay any attention to it at that point...

In a lot of sports you have to stay with your team for an entire season and in some pro sports they have a transfer period like 1 time a season... Heck in my amateur sport, and this game comes closes to that, we cannot change teams for the remainder of the season... Heck you even have to be joined to the team you wanna play the season for 3 or 4 months in advance...

P.S. I never wanted to hop, because I knew way before the season started in what kinda situation I would be... It's just that I have seen too much of situation in which the supposed better player(s) or the more liked players got the advantage in the making of a decision. In other words biased decisions and this one could have very well been one looking at the past season that's why I whined and moaned.
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

I've seen too much subjective behaviour and decision making by twl-ops in the past and I only made that assumption on what I knew and since I do not read every thread in this forum I had no idea that was already brought up and explained somewhere in some thread... Since I know from last season the rule was handled differently... I still however think the rule is dumb then because you can still decide to hop after your first match for your twl squad... and the soft-lock rule should be made so that you have to leave be4 end of week 1 games and may not have played a real twl-match to be able to play for another squad... This would only be logicall... and I haven't been on very much during the long rule consultation and I really wasn't in the mood or place to pay any attention to it at that point...

In a lot of sports you have to stay with your team for an entire season and in some pro sports they have a transfer period like 1 time a season... Heck in my amateur sport, and this game comes closes to that, we cannot change teams for the remainder of the season... Heck you even have to be joined to the team you wanna play the season for 3 or 4 months in advance...

P.S. I never wanted to hop, because I knew way before the season started in what kinda situation I would be... It's just that I have seen too much of situation in which the supposed better player(s) or the more liked players got the advantage in the making of a decision. In other words biased decisions and this one could have very well been one looking at the past season that's why I whined and moaned.
          shut the fuck up already and go play TWLM
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

You shot yourself in the foot with a sawed off right there buddy. Nothing you really say afterwards would have any merit considering you admitted to not being properly informed and that you've(or you're) making assumptions. Anything you say after that isn't really going to look great no matter how you say it :ermm:
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
              You shot yourself in the foot with a sawed off right there buddy. Nothing you really say afterwards would have any merit considering you admitted to not being properly informed and that you've(or you're) making assumptions. Anything you say after that isn't really going to look great no matter how you say it :ermm:
              Please explain, please do. We as normall pilots do not get all info staff talks about, we do not get the same info and we get told things in a different way at times because then it's easier for staff to set lines etc.

I am not properly informed and all I ever said is that I, myself, never had a clue as to how that rule was supposed to be handled, and as how I remembered it was handled last year A2m shouldn't be allowed to play.

And from my experience and from what I've seen from staff, my assumptions based on this all was that a2m was being favourized... but apparently it wasn't true and it had been discussed and things were said and it was to be handled exactly as it is handled now... I admit I was wrong about that point, although I still believe one cannot see in the rules that this situation would get handled this way, because the rules itself aren't clear about it.

And the thing for me not being properly informed is I never get properly informed on anything and thus have to make assumptions.... Even when I got banned for 100 days, the person banning me couldn't show proof or anything or couldn't put fort any info that would cause me to symphatize with the ban or even understand the ban... In other words, the regular trench warrior just has to deal with the little amount of data/info staff gives out to the public, which causes ppl to interpret stuff the wrong way at times... and Yes I do see how I could've known, but I've been bringing up that same point multiple posts and I only got referred to that thread after a couple of whinages from my part.... That clearly shows there were more then enough ppl that didn't know of that certain post that explained the rules and therefor one cannot blame me for making the assumptions I made above.

In other words I am again to friggin smart for all of you as you cannot really call me down on anything I've said since I will openly admit when I might have handled something not entirely the right way eventhough what I've said had some sort of point in it.... Yes you are all cocksuckers in comparison to me and you could just give up rambling or discussing any topics with me because I'd just win out of sheer amazement because I am THAT awesome!.
              TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
              TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
              TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
              First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Please explain, please do. We as normall pilots do not get all info staff talks about, we do not get the same info and we get told things in a different way at times because then it's easier for staff to set lines etc.

I am not properly informed and all I ever said is that I, myself, never had a clue as to how that rule was supposed to be handled, and as how I remembered it was handled last year A2m shouldn't be allowed to play.

And from my experience and from what I've seen from staff, my assumptions based on this all was that a2m was being favourized... but apparently it wasn't true and it had been discussed and things were said and it was to be handled exactly as it is handled now... I admit I was wrong about that point, although I still believe one cannot see in the rules that this situation would get handled this way, because the rules itself aren't clear about it.

And the thing for me not being properly informed is I never get properly informed on anything and thus have to make assumptions.... Even when I got banned for 100 days, the person banning me couldn't show proof or anything or couldn't put fort any info that would cause me to symphatize with the ban or even understand the ban... In other words, the regular trench warrior just has to deal with the little amount of data/info staff gives out to the public, which causes ppl to interpret stuff the wrong way at times... and Yes I do see how I could've known, but I've been bringing up that same point multiple posts and I only got referred to that thread after a couple of whinages from my part.... That clearly shows there were more then enough ppl that didn't know of that certain post that explained the rules and therefor one cannot blame me for making the assumptions I made above.

In other words I am again to friggin smart for all of you as you cannot really call me down on anything I've said since I will openly admit when I might have handled something not entirely the right way eventhough what I've said had some sort of point in it.... Yes you are all cocksuckers in comparison to me and you could just give up rambling or discussing any topics with me because I'd just win out of sheer amazement because I am THAT awesome!.
                My point was, you had said you didn't read all the stuff on forums. Doc Flabby pointed out that things you were attacking had been discussed. They weren't behind closed staff doors or anything dude, you just went off the handle without doing your research. You maybe awesome, but that doesn't mean you can beat me.

For the record, I do think you're awesome.

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

i know that since we have like 2 weeks until we play a game, but you don't have to resort to acting like bitches to entertain yourself. go play pinball instead you knuckleheads.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                    i know that since we have like 2 weeks until we play a game, but you don't have to resort to acting like bitches to entertain yourself. go play pinball instead you knuckleheads.
                    fuck you birthday boy knuckhead.

what'd you get?

Comment

Has anyone really thought that it was A2M that hacked the server. So he would be able to play rest of the twl for some very odd reason. Ban a2m immidiately !
                      Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                      Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                      Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                      Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                      Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                        Written by Kthx - TWL-D Week 2 Featured Matches

Featured Match - Week 2 TWL-D ::::: Dynasty vs Thunder :::::

Both of these squads are entering week 2 with a 1-0 record, and seeing as nobody wants to ruin that ego booster this early in the season I think this is going to be a good matchup. Although Dynasty just picked up another solid warbird with Exalt he won't be able to play this week so that makes me think that Thunder has the win here on paper at least. But factoring in Weak and Geza having something to prove this week, and Unabled pulling some very impressive matches I am going to have to go against the numbers and give this match to Dynasty. Even though both of these squads won in week 1, neither of them really dominated the other team in matches that could have gone either way. If Vitja, Baserman, and Ardour show up to play and Yakuza actually shows up I guess it could go either way. But still I have to put my prediction record on the line here along with my TWLM money and go with Dynasty this week.

Final Score: Dynasty 50 - Thunder 46

wow you hit the nail on the head with this one wark nice prediction!
                        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Working...
                        X