No announcement yet.

TWL Hall of Fame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I am missing something here, but what's the point of all of this? I mean it seems kind of useless.....but hey whatever, although I tend to agree with mantra. This seems a bit poorly done, and if it is done wrong I would rather not have it. I also find it a slap in the face to 2dragons in particular, but also all of the other original bot coders that they weren't placed on the list right at the top. You wouldn't have your precious TWD/TWL bots without their coding of them, and on top of that 2ds was a great player as well. And what really are the criteria here? Good player who helped his/her (lol) team to multiple titles? Well if that's the case you might wanna just put dice's entire starting basing roster on there, because it was essentially the same for all 3 of their TWLB victories. There also seems to be a lack of credit given to basers at this point, I am going to guess it is because hurricane doesn't have any basers on his committee, but why aren't warportal, mythrandir, and brookus (maybe mitch) on there. They are the only people who were ever really anything special in the terrier.

Case made even though I believe this to be a pointless endeavor.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I dont get it realy. You listed a great list of the great warbirds but you lack many javs on that list, as well as basers. Tbh the only true "pure" baser on that list is warportal. Why is there like 10 warbirds and 1 baser? U should break it into TWLD hof, TWLJ hof, TWLB hof etc..

I'd also like to know where u got this "group of ppl" who helpd decide all these names. I mean were they actualy old players? Were they just duelers or what?

Also Any kind of "voting" on this game, like asking TWL rosterd players etc wont ever work, its like TWL all-stars. Its alwys a popularity contest and rarely the tru best ppl are there.

Utopia for sure should be on the list

Same as Dice for bein the best basing squad ever. I mean you added Siege for winning 3 TWLD titles, and syndicate who won 4 TWL titles, but not Dice who won 3 TWLB titles, and 4 TWL titles ? ?
      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke View Post
        I dont get it realy. You listed a great list of the great warbirds but you lack many javs on that list, as well as basers. Tbh the only true "pure" baser on that list is warportal. Why is there like 10 warbirds and 1 baser? U should break it into TWLD hof, TWLJ hof, TWLB hof etc..

I'd also like to know where u got this "group of ppl" who helpd decide all these names. I mean were they actualy old players? Were they just duelers or what?

Also Any kind of "voting" on this game, like asking TWL rosterd players etc wont ever work, its like TWL all-stars. Its alwys a popularity contest and rarely the tru best ppl are there.

Same as Dice for bein the best basing squad ever. I mean you added Siege for winning 3 TWLD titles, and syndicate who won 4 TWL titles, but not Dice who won 3 TWLB titles, and 4 TWL titles ? ?
        cuz dice isnt as good as a squad like Light or w/e, no one really cares about the new age teams
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke View Post

didnt the first 4 seasons consist of pretty much wb only?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

zeebu hit the nail on the head with that one ciggy. If you look at the players he has in there, TW Elites and shit, he's obviously going in some kind of order. TWL was birds only until season 5, it makes sense that their would be much fewer basers/javs than birds in the first couple inductions of people.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

I'll give you my initial judgment on the thing since you decided to put it up before it's done, or so it seems. First off, it's not really enough to just list the squad names and the titles and which leagues they got them in. I believe it would be very important to list when the squad was created, or at least when the squad first participated in TWL and when it last participated in TWL. This shows how long it took the squad to get those titles, some squads have more titles than past squads but it took them more seasons to do it in.

Second, I think the hall of fame is a little late. There's nothing you can really do about this, but I figured I'd mention it anyways. I believe most of the people that end up on the committee are going to be people that weren't even around to see or play in most of those games, so how are they fit to decide?

Third, there are some people on that list that were good captains but not necessarily the best players of their time. I believe there should be some kind of distinction between dominant leaders and dominant players (even though sometimes players were both).

Is it just a current mistake that TWL history and Hall of Fame takes you to the hall of fame page or are you intending to merge them into one or what's the deal? There should still be a TWL history page just like the last website had.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
              3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
              3:Best> see it coming
              3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                Crome is like Epinephrine, good captain not necessarily amazing player. Epi held his own but he always had 4 superior warbirds surrounding him.

What about creating categories for the Hall of Fame and let people vote on them? Here's a few ideas;

Best Captain

Best Baser

Best Warbird

Best Javelin

Breakthrough Baser

Breakthrough Jav

Breakthrough Warbird

The last 3 spots can be for someone who did well in TWL but not the popular vote, a committee of MORE THAN 3 people will decide on the reaming 3 Hall of Famers.
                have you seen forum posts on those kind of ideas? will go straight to hell
                TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

1:Ease> lol loki just told me the committee members
                  1:Ease> cloth, freeze, dreamfly, soupero, regency, dreamwin, evildeed
                  (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                  (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                  (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                  (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

re

dw only legimate member............................................ . rOFLMAO afk
                    TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                    TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                    KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                    1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                    1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by Amputate View Post
                      lol are you kidding me? vihta definitely deserves to be in the HOF, did you not see him on elusive season 6? him and demonfaze were the 2 best warbirds on elusive at the time, + winning the twld title that season. and I'm sure they just forgot to add sika up there, he will probably be put in there when they fix it.

There are some people that don't deserve to be up there but whatever lol.
                      VIHTA, SEASON 6, EPISODE 432, 4TH SCENE. SHOTTED BULLETS AT SHIP, HALL OF FAME. THEY CALLEDED IT "THE SHOT HEARD ROUND THE WORLD."

oh trench wars, ohhhhhhhhhhhh trenchwars. -_- . When will anyone realize that a hall of fame for 2-d spaceship players was just created? Am I the only one who finds this hilarious?
                      4:BigKing> xD
                      4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                      4:BigKing> what did i do???
                      4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                      4:BigKing> ???? why though
                      4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                      4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                        please tell me that's not real talk
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                        DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                        1:waven> is if im going to prison
                        1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Draft View Post
                          I was asked for said committee... Makes you wonder... I would've been the most valid member in between that list and that's just sad...
                          TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                          TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                          TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                          First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                            please tell me that's not real talk
                            jesus fucking christ

ok i just put in a request to the forum admins

"real talk" is soon going to be wordfiltered to "i suck fat greasy donkey cocks"

so i suggest you internet street thugs find another retarded catch phrase asap

on topic: with a "committee" like that, fuck this hall of fame
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

loooooool @ the committee
                              TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                              TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                              Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                              - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                              Originally posted by kthx
                              Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
                                jesus fucking christ

ok i just put in a request to the forum admins

"real talk" is soon going to be wordfiltered to "i suck fat greasy donkey cocks"

so i suggest you internet street thugs find another retarded catch phrase asap

on topic: with a "committee" like that, fuck this hall of fame
                                and thats real talk.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X