No announcement yet.

Replay round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The solution is simple but people can't seem to figure out that I am always right so, once again.

We have 12 squads for twld/twlb/twlj, We divide those squads into ranks such as A/B/C as far as how good they are (A being the best 4 in each grouping). Then we play the first three weeks of the season, each squad plays someone from A/B/C grouping to make things fair. After week 3 is over, we kick out the two lowest squads, if there are ties, we have a round robin tournament. After week 3, every 2 weeks two squads are cut out so after week 5, we are down to 8, after week 7 were down to 6, after week 9 were down to 4. Continuing the round-robin tournament tie breaking system. That puts us at week 10 being the Semi-Finals for every league, that means that in every league you get rid of the worst squads first to improve the competition in the league, and you get rid of squads that are most likely to dissolve before the season comes to an end. (IE Syne). So there, its a MUCH better league structure, every league would have an equal amount of squads, and an equal amount of games, and it would be a better league. Problem solved, hopefully someone will do this next season.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

crown the lj/lb champs first, forgettttt timing it with ld
      (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
      (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
      (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

awesome thread.

vote to up the squads in twld to 10, then complain about it several months later.

i did mention that this would happen later and that's why the 2 years i did this i kept the numbers the same.
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

unban delectable for finals
          Gun remembers.

Comment

See y'all in a month.
            sdg

Comment

You know, I think alot of people need to be alot more involved in the decision making process before decisions are made. Rather than flaming the shit out of people for things they don't like when they happen later. Personally I don't mind waiting a few weeks, if your squads go that inactive then good for you. Maybe you should of been on a different squad? The people that actually want to win will come on often enough to stay in shape, and get even more active before they need to play again. If they don't want it enough, or are somehow incapable of getting active at the right time, then too bad so sad. Better luck next year.

However from what I understand - if there are no replays, then let's not let a free weekend go to waste. Just don't like seeing people attacking so harshly when they didn't contribute beforehand. Not going to point fingers because I don't know who exactly took part in decision making via polls and forum discussions - but to the people who didn't - you've played tw long enough to know to check the forums and etc. for updates/discussion on how things are going to be done. It's been this way for years.
              7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
              7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
              7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
              7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
              1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

okay knockeys, i'll humour you. just for the record though i am not going to let this turn into a shouting match so if you reply with paragraphs don't expect a reply.

why would i go in an ld thread and try to get involved when i really should not be doing that. i've been in an ld game once, it was with rb when they made it. i sucked dick. usually when i see ld/lj in the title i don't click the thread. why? because i'm not involved in those leagues nor have i ever been. i'm a basergaf and i don't think it would be fair to the javs and birds to have my decision impact their league when it is uninformed and indifferent to the results. i'm sorry if i saw "ld squads: 10 or 8 lol????" and didn't realize the impact it would hold later on. if the title had been "if ld has 10 squads then it will make lb/lj wait a month before playoffs can start" perhaps i would've offered my opinion.

here's the difference between pirates and penetrate: you guys are in the brainwave classic. you're not waiting 4 weeks to have an important sunday game. twbd, base, pub, whatever, it's not the same as twl and if you can't understand that then, i don't know, fuck you.

yes, it's too late now, which is why i'm throwing a temper-tantrum. if the impact of having 10 ld squads would've been brought to my attention much more clearly then i would be more sensible and nice. however, this is not the case and for that very reason suck my dick mirrorrim you dumb motherfuck.
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
                  Personally I don't mind waiting a few weeks, if your squads go that inactive then good for you. Maybe you should of been on a different squad? The people that actually want to win will come on often enough to stay in shape, and get even more active before they need to play again. If they don't want it enough, or are somehow incapable of getting active at the right time, then too bad so sad. Better luck next year.
                  Really knockers? I should go on a different squad? As far as I know I am captaining a squad, so of course I'm going to worry if players are going to be inactive, and I have no control on whether or not I can force my players to stay motivated for the next 4 weeks when they know there is no game of importance for a long time. It's hard enough keeping them motivated through the regular season since this game is really on its last legs. What annoys me is you're telling me that I have to do more work in order to be ready for playoffs, but..I recall our team worked hard enough to earn ourselves a bye? They kind of contradict each other.

Comment

Wow wasn't looking to start nothing with either of you, just making a point. I also wasn't suggesting you change squads royst either. You decided to captain your 1 league squads, cool on you and jeeny.

As far as losing motivation and stuff goes, then tell your guys hey! two weeks off then back to the grind or something. I figured that was the point of the bye week, you guys get a bit to go and party and celebrate how well you've done before you come back for playoffs. With this amount of time off you guys could take a vacation and still come back with enough time to get back into shape :S

This isn't the biggest game in the world, everyone knows TWL decision making happens on here. If TWL Ops just decided to do whatever the hell they wanted without asking the community just as many people would be throwing a tantrum about something else. At least this way they can say they tried to REALLY do what the people wanted.

Look let's leave it here. You ain't happy, yeah it sucks and if we can shave some time off let's go for it. I however was for the 10 wb squads before I was even on Pirates, even then I kept track of the basing and such with other leagues. You don't have to memorize it all, though I highly suggest that maybe taking a glance at every thread just so you know whats going on might not be a bad idea.

edit- again, this isn't a huge game, a new topic of relevance comes up in here maybe a couple times a week. How can you attack Mirr and TWL Ops when I'm sorry, as much as I love ya dudes, you were the ones that didn't keep themselves completely informed. It's not like it takes hours a day to scan over the topics in this forum quickly.

These decisions weren't hidden in a thread called Warbirds are cool either, they were polls, you should at least check those out.
                    Last edited by Capital Knockers; 02-12-2009, 12:08 AM.

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

I'd much rather have it get it done with then waiting..we've already waited two weeks during the christmas break, it is just frustrating. And as far as complaining about twl ops, I am not, I simply wanted to know why we have a replay round? and if we're trying to have it so the finals all end on the same weekend, why are we doing that for? Why couldn't we have the finals decided earlier than twld, or have a bye right before finals? I simply wanted these questions answered. I've stated my argument as to why it shouldn't be. I don't care if it's changed or not, i just want a solid reason as to why.

And the reason why it wouldn't work to tell people to all of a sudden get active after two weeks, you're still just gaining practice through twbd, whose competition is no where compared to the games on sunday. We've been playing very well and peaking at the right time, and waiting four weeks can quickly change that.

Maybe it's not a big deal, but I would at least like you to understand that having a bye handicaps us when i should mainly be benefitting from a bye. Missing 4 weeks and then playing the most important game of the season seems troublesome. Sure I could have a vacation, but i'm trying to explain that in doing so might harm us more than help us.

Comment

Nobody cares about basing anyways so it doesn't matter.

It is just a good thing that warbirds aren't having to wait, that would be tragic.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          Nobody cares about basing anyways so it doesn't matter.

It is just a good thing that warbirds aren't having to wait, that would be tragic.
                          you shut up you
                          Originally posted by turmio
                          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                          Originally posted by grand
                          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Royst View Post
                            I'd much rather have it get it done with then waiting..we've already waited two weeks during the christmas break, it is just frustrating. And as far as complaining about twl ops, I am not, I simply wanted to know why we have a replay round? and if we're trying to have it so the finals all end on the same weekend, why are we doing that for? Why couldn't we have the finals decided earlier than twld, or have a bye right before finals? I simply wanted these questions answered. I've stated my argument as to why it shouldn't be. I don't care if it's changed or not, i just want a solid reason as to why.

And the reason why it wouldn't work to tell people to all of a sudden get active after two weeks, you're still just gaining practice through twbd, whose competition is no where compared to the games on sunday. We've been playing very well and peaking at the right time, and waiting four weeks can quickly change that.

Maybe it's not a big deal, but I would at least like you to understand that having a bye handicaps us when i should mainly be benefitting from a bye. Missing 4 weeks and then playing the most important game of the season seems troublesome. Sure I could have a vacation, but i'm trying to explain that in doing so might harm us more than help us.
                            I hear ya, hopefully no replays. I do get the going cold for 4 weeks too. Who knows, maybe the bye squads could play each other or something on the weekends? Give them better standings vs each other when they start playoffs or something? Iunno - something to keep the squads busy. Honestly, I'd like the chance to bet on basers in TWLM some more. I also wasn't trying to attack you guys directly with what I said - I just have a pet peeve when people complain about things they could of had a say in had they of been paying attention to things. Then again I do the same at times, and BLAH BLAH BLAH Iun'care, phase 1 of Pirates plan is complete anyhow. Lose to Pene in regular season to give them false confidence, then put Turban in lanc alongside M-M in jav come playoffs - BEWARE :fear: .

and lol wark.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                              you shut up you
                              hi Jeenyuss!
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

bump
                                Originally posted by Tyson
                                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                                Originally posted by Izor
                                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X