No announcement yet.

22 Weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should definately extend to 22 weeks since playoffs are out of the question.
    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

I think Acid forgot to include the reason why people didn't want 22 weeks at first. It was stated that TWT would not proceed until after the 22 weeks. This was unacceptable for most people. We wanted TWT to start as soon as possible. In addition, there were many delays at first which would not have made 22 weeks feasible.

Twenty-two weeks is a long ass league. If the reason for no playoffs is that it's a "league", then why do TWLJ and TWLD have playoffs? What a horrible reason. What if the league goes 22 weeks and Diso wins by 4k the next go round vs Light (and both squads don't lose any other matches)? We're going to decide the champ based on points? How stupid is that? Why not go 11 weeks and have just a #1 vs #2 playoff?

Bleh, I have no opinion. Playoffs is the only intelligent way to decide a champion (see college football in the U.S.). Let Acid do whatever he wants. Clearly, he knows better than 90% of us.

llater,
      Tony

Comment

No playoffs?

Playoffs are good. go with playoffs after the 22 weeks or something. or at least make a top 4 playoff thing. yea.

-Tanis

Comment

why the hell does everyone keep saying i'd prefer playoffs...the decision is made, there are no playoffs. And 22 weeks is not for sure yet, so start asking for 22 weeks instead of still trying to get playoffs. playoffs are out of the question, so focus your attention on something else.

Btw, crvenban, why are you speaking for whiterabbits. If they want 22 weeks, let them have it. Some people do want to play for fun, not just to win. And also, they might still get top 3-5, you never know. Diso could go on a 5 game losing streak, or light could lose to anti-scrub or some shit. upsets can happen in a season just like in playoffs.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
          Asia Minor> maybe not
          Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
          bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
          bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
          bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
          bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Man no playoffs? Darn...
            Lots of sports have playoffs... TWL just sucks now

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
              why the hell does everyone keep saying i'd prefer playoffs... ...light could lose to anti-scrub or some shit. upsets can happen in a season just like in playoffs.
              I think because the no palyoff decision is such a stupid one. We're too stunned

Light beat A-S in week 3 by 10k or so. Their only real competition that is left is Cripples or No Surrender (baring a 22 week season).

I don't care about winning. I enjoy playing or watching any matches. But I'm still not sold on the 22 week idea. Can't explain why, except it's just long... :-/

llater,
              Tony

Comment

I think all the squads that are left are in it for the long haul now- we've rooted out all the squads that are not going to be able to make 8 every weekend--- squads that are left- if that starts to become an issue RECRUIT from the huge pool of players that want into TWLs. We get 410732 requests a day to join pallies, if you are struggling with attendance let us know and we will direct them to you. Otherwise, let's just rock.
                A nice long season is a good thing, we have all these great teams set up, there's no reason to stop now just to restart again in a couple months

my girlfriend is honking the horn for me, more to come later
                Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo!
                  Btw, crvenban, why are you speaking for whiterabbits. If they want 22 weeks, let them have it. Some people do want to play for fun, not just to win. And also, they might still get top 3-5, you never know. Diso could go on a 5 game losing streak, or light could lose to anti-scrub or some shit. upsets can happen in a season just like in playoffs.

What I was saying is that with their 3 losses at entering the twlb, WRs practically lost a chance for top position (if no upsets happen). They may enjoy league (like every other baser) but they will not have anything to compete for, which is unfair since they are quite capable of good stuff.
                  Crips - got off on rough start, and having in mind they're vet basers with crown out of sight, they wont even bother to play. And I could place 10$ on them reaching at least semi-finals if there was a play-off.
                  Pallies - you guys lost 2 games, and lets say you have to forfiet one more due to attendance probs next week, you lose a chance for top spot. With playoffs, you would have a "warm-up" season with seeding purposes and fight for top 8 spots.

And lets just say, for disscussion, that everything goes ok, and Diso wins all their, Light wins all their matches and in 2nd match Diso v Light, we win. What would be justifiable win point-wise for us to take, in order to be called champs ? 10k ? I don't see getting much more than that...so we win by 10k, and then points decide ? What if we win by 3k ?

We are not talking about proffesional sport-clubs where ppl get paid to play. We're talking about free online 2d shooter, and asking 22 weeks dedication from some ppl is, in my view, too much to ask. Half of these squads will, if not fall apart, then change line-ups among eachother.
                  If you want a succesfull season make it short, intense and with some closure. 11 weeks + playoffs is just that.
                  Originally posted by Disliked
                  However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                  when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

22 weeks 22 weeks

and for the record playoffs would take a LOT less time
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

As I said before somewhere else in here, this really gives the league a more half-assed feel. does anyone know the reason for the 'no playoffs' decision?

22 weeks is better than nothing, but still doesn't seem right.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombi
                        As I said before somewhere else in here, this really gives the league a more half-assed feel. does anyone know the reason for the 'no playoffs' decision?

22 weeks is better than nothing, but still doesn't seem right.
                        thats the question that keeps going through my mind...
                        whats the big fucking deal?
                        playoffs are shorter, so they could let twt start earlier, people prefer them, theres a definitive champion. yet no explanation as to why we ain't getting play-offs, just a decision that there won't be playoffs.

Comment

We are working on the new twt site and bot for it.

The twt will be a laddersystem, like most people already should know.

Please keep in mind this will take time. We will try to get this up as soon as possible.

If you got questions how the twt will work this time, leave a message.

Greets,

BLeeN
                          Light is faster than sound. That is why people look bright, until you hear them.

Comment

22 weeks please, pick my weeks up at the window? You love to see me smile?
                            sage

Comment

Who will be running TWT?

Will all squads be allowed to enter it?

Comment

Regular season to playoffs, it's a model we see used all over the place, in the other leagues, in professional sports, and since we're obviously professional atheletes ourselves I think we should follow suit.

Playoffs would add a whole new layer of excitement to what's already turning out to be a pretty decent basing season. But to say Diso loses the title as a result of a 5k loss in one 30 minute game is insane.

The league ops can't be uninterested in putting the effort in if they're willing to play a 22 week season, playoffs would complete much sooner than that. So I'm having a really hard time understanding why it's been decided that there will be no playoffs, simply because it makes the regular season meaningless. Regular season is where most teams get a feel for things, and earn their seeding for the post season, I think that's a fairly legit model.

So here's a plea to reverse the decision of not having playoffs, because it seems to me that this is what a huge majority of the players involved would really want. We'll wrap up sooner than 22 weeks, TWT can proceed, yada yada yada.

I'll avoid commenting on being willing to accept a 22 week season if we're forced to be without playoffs, because I really don't think the majority should be turned down.

Comment

Working...
                                X