• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kthx View Post
    ITT: Liberals running TWL

This is fucking stupid.
    Fascism spreading in TW too, great
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

Since when is not being a complete fucking moron being a fascist?
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
        As for the claims that Trauma+ made an illegitimate appeal or a ridiculous one, I would disagree. They quite obviously (as eph pointed out) have grounds for a legitimate attempt at an appeal.
        Really?

No, no

Really?
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
          As for the claims that Trauma+ made an illegitimate appeal or a ridiculous one, I would disagree. They quite obviously (as eph pointed out) have grounds for a legitimate attempt at an appeal.
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
          1:waven> is if im going to prison
          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

He said attempt.

I'll give my opinion for fun. I'm usually one for doing things by the book and following the letter of the law...but common sense really needs to prevail here. It should prevail so hard as to actually change the rules/bots. Honest question, but is it that difficult (or would it cause too much delay) to have the bots check a roster on player adds? If the rule actually was written prior to bots then obviously it needs a revision. If not, you could change the rule to reflect that the ineligible player needs to make an impact on the game in some form. What if a captain accidentally subbed in an ineligible player with a typo or something (Say domi and dome were on the same squad but one was ineligible)...is that really worth forfeiting the game even if the ineligible player were subbed out immediately? We're all human and this is a competition. Things that don't affect the competitive balance need to be viewed through a lens of objectivity.
            When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
              He said attempt.

I'll give my opinion for fun. I'm usually one for doing things by the book and following the letter of the law...but common sense really needs to prevail here. It should prevail so hard as to actually change the rules/bots. Honest question, but is it that difficult (or would it cause too much delay) to have the bots check a roster on player adds? If the rule actually was written prior to bots then obviously it needs a revision. If not, you could change the rule to reflect that the ineligible player needs to make an impact on the game in some form. What if a captain accidentally subbed in an ineligible player with a typo or something (Say domi and dome were on the same squad but one was ineligible)...is that really worth forfeiting the game even if the ineligible player were subbed out immediately? We're all human and this is a competition. Things that don't affect the competitive balance need to be viewed through a lens of objectivity.
              well put, I'd hire you to be my lawyer irl
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
              1:waven> is if im going to prison
              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                if i was staff....

a) deny the appeal

b) force Cape to sit out next week for being an idiot

Summa just do this, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

My opinion that this isn't about this particular game. The issue is about the rules and their role for this league. If the rules are truly only guidelines, ones which constantly need to be interpreted, what is the point in having them? Perhaps because the rules have traditionally been broken is one of the reasons that TW is in the shape that it is, encouraging players to think that they can get away with whatever they can. (Note, I am not talking about Dice in this particular situation).
                  As I stated before, it was lame that we appealed. But if a decision is made based upon whether or not it affected the outcome of the game, then every rule decision should be made in the same context. And the rules should contain a preface that states that they only apply if breaking them affects the outcome of a game.
                  If certain rules are not what they should be, everyone had a chance for input before the league started. Every year we go through the same thing, one of the rules stands in conflict with 'common sense'. "Oh, I accidently hit the axe button, please allow this player to play next weekend" sort of shit. An alternative approach would be to take responsibility for making a mistake, yet no one has even mentioned this.
                  eph
                  Last edited by Ephemeral; 10-12-2010, 07:33 AM.

Comment

It doesnt matter if its fair or not.

If u don't follow the rules today then you have no reason to follow it tomorrow.

What if staff deny the appeal and then something alike happen next week, but the player get a score like.. 0-3 ?? what about 3-12? 2-0? Who is going to judge how much impact a certain player had in the game?
                    Mega Newbie
                    TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
                    TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
                    TWEL wb and spid Champion!
                    TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
                    TWLJ bencher Champion
                    TWLB bencher Champion
                    Inactive Player

Comment

id like to congratulate TrAUmA+ on your -3:41 minute victory over dice while having a one person advantage.

jesus christ take back your stupid appeal it is making you guys look terrible. the only way it will make you look worse is if you actually win.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                        i think humid just opened up this thread for shits 'n giggles so we could have a little drama to sink our teeth into.

stay tuned!
                        haha i know right?

he flat-out said nothing even said here matters. I don't know why people are talking the time to look-up the rules and argue, none of it will bear fruit. Might as well have posted 'rasjasfkmasfasfsaf'

also: i'm not too familiar with who are the ops (xcept humid), but i hope none of those voting to deny/uphold our appeal are on twlb squads.
                        4:BigKing> xD
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

How many times do you watch your sports team make a stupid mistake that gets them penalized? You're pissed. "FUCK MAN, WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO ANOTHER FALSE START." It's never, "man the opposing team should just let it go, it was clearly a mistake!"

The blame falls on the person (team) making the mistake. When it comes to rules in a competition, people are supposed to know better. The rules exist for a reason. Blame your captain Dice, not the rule. Just as you'd blame the coach/players for putting too many men on the field and getting called for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                            Who is going to judge how much impact a certain player had in the game?
                            maybe the twl ops

just a suggestion

paulo please weigh in on riske's question
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                            Originally posted by the_paul
                            Gargle battery acid fuckface
                            Originally posted by Material Girl
                            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                              How many times do you watch your sports team make a stupid mistake that gets them penalized? You're pissed. "FUCK MAN, WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO ANOTHER FALSE START." It's never, "man the opposing team should just let it go, it was clearly a mistake!"

The blame falls on the person (team) making the mistake. When it comes to rules in a competition, people are supposed to know better. The rules exist for a reason. Blame your captain Dice, not the rule. Just as you'd blame the coach/players for putting too many men on the field and getting called for it.
                              Yeah but this is more like

Getting caught with a suspended player on the field, removing him instantly, and deciding to play the rest of the game down a player, and then having to replay the game the next week.

It isn't anything like what you said, you are fucking retarded.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                                Yeah but this is more like

Getting caught with a suspended player on the field, removing him instantly, and deciding to play the rest of the game down a player, and then having to replay the game the next week.
                                Not really since a game takes 30 minutes to replay and there aren't any other penalties that deemed fit (at the time).

Comment

Working...
                                X