Light vs. Disoblige Replayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Latrine
    I think Light should be forced to dissolve and it's members split amongst Siege and Elusive. The remaining season for all leagues should be terminated and then Siege and Elusive will be the only squads in the playoffs, playing best of thirteen. The victor wins TWL Season 5 and the crystal penis.

~ chuckle ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch
      Troll, all proof against destroy is hearsay, we have a elim that shows he played and we'll just wait for priitk to bust out the logs and make dests name clear that he is innocent.
      That's what I mean. From the point of view of people reading all of this, proof from BOTH sides is either hearsay or at least biased. Let's stop saying things like "I've got proof he was there" or "I've got proof he wasn't there". If everyone has all this proof then why hasn't anything been settled yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Annux
        THIS-YEAR'S-TWL-IS-RUN-BY-MORONS
        TYTIRBM

a new acronym
        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

About the replay:

Although it has been established that whatever happened Destroy is somehow involved Light shouldn't have to replay the games.

The fact is the staff screwed up. They didn't catch Destroy earlier, and when they finally did, they let him play in TWLB AFTER they caught him. Because of the staff screw up Light should not be punished. This is especially true because Destory double squadded and did not use a cheat (i.e. twister) or something.

It would be impractical to replay all the games before this one as well because that sets a dangerious precident that anytime anyone is caught double squadding, you have to replay the entire season. The best compromise is if this ban does go through, the game not be replayed, but it should be let known and set in stone that any further games from now on may be replayed (with disgression) if there is cheating or banned players involved.

-Epi
          P.S. If Destory was caught actually CHEATING and not just breaking the double squadding rule (which is still very important) the game would have to be replayed because there is no excuse for cheating. But this was not the case for this incident.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

The game won't be replayed simply because the staff screwed up and let Destroy play in the first place AFTER he was caught by Over. They aren't going to go back on their mistakes.

Just hope something like this doesn't happen in the playoffs (well I guess for TWLB that game was sorta like the championship final damn). Rules are rules and even though Drastic is "less skilled" than Light (meaning Destory was helping Drastic by double squadding and not the other way around, I am being assertive here because it was officially announced already) there is no good way to quantify this in the rulebook for all situations. So if someone is caught double squadding that's an unfair advantage for BOTH squads that had the double squadder and it should be dealt with accordingly.

I think it's impratical to replay all the games of the season, or even the 6 games since Drastic joined. But the staff should be trusted to make a good comprimise on this one. The TWLB game occured AFTER he was found out, so that before any other takes precidence. The TWLD game before he was found out if that was replayed would just make an endless string of replays. That's pretty hard to do, and I doubt it would be practical or good for the league.

Come playoff time though I would not like to see any squad screwed by cheating/double squadding/breaking of rules and not having their game replayed.

-Epi
            Last edited by Epinephrine; 07-28-2002, 01:09 AM.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Worthless post. Something more on topic:

If you have no clue of the situation why involve your opinions if the person is guilty or innocent? Only a few people posting have any personal knowledge of what occured. (Direct contact or facts)

As it hasn't been proven I do find it hard to read people telling others what should happen. This thread really has no discussional value.
              Last edited by 2dragons; 07-28-2002, 02:21 AM.
              TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
              TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
              TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                The game won't be replayed simply because the staff screwed up and let Destroy play in the first place AFTER he was caught by Over. They aren't going to go back on their mistakes.

Just hope something like this doesn't happen in the playoffs (well I guess for TWLB that game was sorta like the championship final damn). Rules are rules and even though Drastic is "less skilled" than Light (meaning Destory was helping Drastic by double squadding and not the other way around, I am being assertive here because it was officially announced already) there is no good way to quantify this in the rulebook for all situations. So if someone is caught double squadding that's an unfair advantage for BOTH squads that had the double squadder and it should be dealt with accordingly.

I think it's impratical to replay all the games of the season, or even the 6 games since Drastic joined. But the staff should be trusted to make a good comprimise on this one. The TWLB game occured AFTER he was found out, so that before any other takes precidence. The TWLD game before he was found out if that was replayed would just make an endless string of replays. That's pretty hard to do, and I doubt it would be practical or good for the league.

Come playoff time though I would not like to see any squad screwed by cheating/double squadding/breaking of rules and not having their game replayed.

-Epi
                stop talking out of your ass

could you be more clueless?

Comment

Wow, I guess this whole incident really puts the nail in the "Light never whines, unlike half the TW population" idea, eh Ruby?

P.S. Don't say that you're being unjustly accused, and thus it's not whining. There was evidence both ways, like TK said.

P.S. again - I think I can speak for most people when I say that we don't hate destroy because he's good at this game, we hate him because he's an asshole.
                  The downside of being better than
                  everyone else is that people tend to
                  assume you're pretentious. -
                  www.despair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram
                    I mean IF destroy really doublesquaded not just Disoblige vs Light in TWLB should be replayed. Every match Destroy/Cinema played in should get replayed.
                    "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

we didnt lose cos Destroy played.

How much is 40 inches?

DB really quit staff?
                      Originally posted by Tyson
                      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                      Originally posted by HeavenSent
                      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                      Originally posted by Izor
                      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

seeing as how they came to their senses i didn't quit after all

-DB!
                        A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by General Malaise
                          Wow, I guess this whole incident really puts the nail in the "Light never whines, unlike half the TW population" idea, eh Ruby?

P.S. Don't say that you're being unjustly accused, and thus it's not whining. There was evidence both ways, like TK said.

P.S. again - I think I can speak for most people when I say that we don't hate destroy because he's good at this game, we hate him because he's an asshole.
                          How are we whining? We're defending our position, TW in general is whining for us to be fuxed.
                          I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

CAN WE GET A FUCKING HIGHER POSITION IN HERE TO RESOLVE THE CONFLICT ALREADY, fuck man.. the entire public's posts are being ignored about playoffs, doublesquadding, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC.! FUCKING SHIT, get your asses in here and post already, TWL is getting FUXED because of your loose activity already.

and acid,

UPDATE THE FUCKING TWLB SECTION PLZ, THANKS.
                            I fucking own you in the warbird, shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby
                              CAN WE GET A FUCKING HIGHER POSITION IN HERE TO RESOLVE THE CONFLICT ALREADY, fuck man.. the entire public's posts are being ignored about playoffs, doublesquadding, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC.! FUCKING SHIT, get your asses in here and post already, TWL is getting FUXED because of your loose activity already.

and acid,

UPDATE THE FUCKING TWLB SECTION PLZ, THANKS.
                              please update it
                              your now 2 weeks behind

Also lets get someone on these damned forums who can fucking talk? Wheres Crome, Overstrand Acid ANYBODY!?
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                                Cinema can't be Delectable. According to Destory, Delectable died in a car crash remember? Oh wait Destory can't be trusted because he lies. Oh wait that means Destory might be Cinema.

-Epi
                                Epi, shut the hell up, you're just still pissed because Light owned your newbie squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X