Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsunami's response succinctly addresses the illegitimacy of 24's appeal.

What it comes down to is this: If Fierce members decide to use a third-party program, they also assume its associated risks. It's as simple as that.

Now 24/Tiny, you have the opportunity to learn from this mistake. Moving forward, you can take whatever necessary precautions to avoid re-experiencing this matter in the future. Fortunate for the both of you, this didn't happen during TWLJ playoffs.

Case closed. Jury dismissed.

Originally posted by Tsunami View Post
    Trying my best to set aside personal biases, I think the problem with this appeal lies in the following:

1) There was no rule cited as the basis of the appeal. To paraphrase, 24 simply said someone logged in and out of the vent server which in turn caused gameplay disturbances. Therefore we appeal.

2) The facts don't lend themselves to being appealed. If the player(s) in question were to use a program to directly affect the continuum client, e.g. Cheat engine, then this appeal would hold more merit. However the player(s) in question affected a third party program that is not explicitly protected by the TWL rules, which in turn happened to have some effects computer side during a TWL match. Moreover, the logs of ventrilo (I am not sure what logs or evidence you have) do not prove in-game lag (based on my limited understanding). The program is tiny itself. Absent concrete evidence that ventrilo altered in-game lag, I am hard pressed to grant this appeal (if I was a TWL-Op). And if you are resting your appeal on the fact that you experienced Frame-Rate spikes or excessive Screen-Tearing, then you have an abnormally high burden of proof. On this note, the TWL bot recorded 0 lagouts.

3) The remedy for this "disturbance" is quite simple to fix player side, and if anything would have boosted the merits of this appeal. I understand how ventrilo works when it is being "pinged." The program locks out and becomes non-responsive. From my brief stint playing other MMOs, when we were being trolled in this fashion, I would simply alt+tab out and use task manager to terminate the process. Sure this has a temporal component but at the least, this would have gone towards your appeal. You would have had to incur a +1 plus an extended lagout period.

-Tsunami

Comment

All trolling aside. +1 tanzu. ROFL...... So, our appeal is not worded properly, and the rules are not cited to satisfaction, but I think there are more conversations going on behind the scenes, with logs and evidence, and the fact that a staff member not on our squad was on the vent, as well as other members of other squads. I think the appeal is more of a place holder, as staff pursues the matter and gets all the more specific details. I appreciate the your attempts at being unbiased. Can I get the same attempts when you troll me in HoN? Thnx bro.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        Wow. That is litreally all I can say to you.

You fucking tried to use a public Ventrilo server, which isn't even owned by Trench Wars Staff but rather by a friend of someone in staff, to gain an unfair advantage over the enemy team and it backfired on you. Boo fucking hoo. Grow up, learn from your mistakes and move on. Pl

Please tell me which rule states that if you get screwed over in your private third-party software, which is not even related to the game, that whoever fucked you over deserves a ban and your squad is valid for a replay. The two rules you mentioned earlier are vague at best and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Get your own private server next time. Thanks for the laughs! Time to go home.
        I have the easiest time shooting holes in your story turban. It may not be owned by trenchwas but it is advertised and supported by trenchwars, and moreover ventrilo was not designed to affect game play but rather enhance communications, but the fact of the matter is that it was manipulated to affect the game. Saying that 3rd party programs dont matter is like saying that we can use 3rd party programs to enhance our lag. If I recall correctly, people have been banned for such things. So your argument is a piece of shit. stfu plz

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

made by Amputate
          SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
          SSCU Trench Wars
          Triple Threat
          SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
          SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
          SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
          SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
          SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
          SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
          SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

I'll paraphrase from Turban's reply since he does a good job of summarizing the whole issue. You guys tried to use a third-party program to your advantage (which by your interpretation of TWL rules is cheating), but it backfired on ya'll. As I stated above, learn from your mistakes and move on.

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            All trolling aside. +1 tanzu. ROFL...... So, our appeal is not worded properly, and the rules are not cited to satisfaction, but I think there are more conversations going on behind the scenes, with logs and evidence, and the fact that a staff member not on our squad was on the vent, as well as other members of other squads. I think the appeal is more of a place holder, as staff pursues the matter and gets all the more specific details. I appreciate the your attempts at being unbiased. Can I get the same attempts when you troll me in HoN? Thnx bro.

Comment

SSCU Trench Wars TRIPLE CROWN WINNER
              SSCU Trench Wars
              Triple Threat
              SSCU Trench Wars TWEL Top 3 Finalist
              SSCU Trench Wars Starting Spider Melee 2003
              SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Champion (2x)
              SSCU Trench Wars TWLD Champion
              SSCU Trench Wars Michael Schumacher of Racing2
              SSCU Trench Wars Unprecedented Balancing KING
              SSCU Trench Wars TWLJ Top Stats 3 years running

MAD shoutouts to MUH BOYS atm

Comment

Can someone please fix the forums? Can't even edit my post to change "litreally" to "literally" -- fuck this.
                Change forum skin to vB4default, edit post, when done youcan return forum skin to preferred appearance
                Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR View Post
                  I'll paraphrase from Turban's reply since he does a good job of summarizing the whole issue. You guys tried to use a third-party program to your advantage (which by your interpretation of TWL rules is cheating), but it backfired on ya'll. As I stated above, learn from your mistakes and move on.
                  Your a retard and I refuse to reply farther to you if your not going to think, but its not cheating if used for it's intended purposes. It was altered by another person to affect its performance, thus affecting the game. If your going to quote someone, quote someone who has an inkling of knowledge and anything intelligent to add to the conversation.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Originally posted by LaG KiLLeR View Post
                    but it backfired on ya'll. As I stated above, learn from your mistakes and move on.
                    The program was manipulated and abused. It was not our mistake, but the person who affected the games fault you dumbfuk. Just like when people find glitches in the game and bots, if they abuse it, they get banned.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

• why is staff taking so long to throw this garbage appeal out
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

• Labeling someone as a "retard" is foolish when writing a paragraph that contains more grammatical mistakes than Fierce's kill total against Pandora.

Anyway, refer to what I wrote before: "If Fierce members decide to use a third-party program, they also assume its associated risks. It's as simple as that."

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                        Your a retard and I refuse to reply farther to you if your not going to think, but its not cheating if used for it's intended purposes. It was altered by another person to affect its performance, thus affecting the game. If your going to quote someone, quote someone who has an inkling of knowledge and anything intelligent to add to the conversation.

Comment

• It had no effect on the outcome of the game in terms of lag which is shown by your team's 0 lagouts and 0 lag seen by anyone. Did it annoy you guys during the game and distract you? Possibly, but that's your fault for not taking precautions if you're going to use a public vent server, TWL's job isn't to protect 3rd party communications. What's next...someone facebooks you during the game and you appeal? The game wasn't even close til about 1 minute in and it wasn't because of lag, it's because you guys got outplayed badly.

Comment

• Could have:

1. Muted your sound
                            2. Closed Ventrilo
                            3. Had surgery to remove your tear ducts so you will stop crying all the god damn time you nerds
                            1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                            Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                            1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                            1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                            beam> stfu tsunami
                            Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                            beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                            Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

• Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              why is staff taking so long to throw this garbage appeal out
                              If it is proven that a Pandora player did it, it should be a 100% successful appeal for the simple fact that a player of the opposing team -tried- to tamper with the opposing team during their match. If i could prove that he spammed me in-game with a flood of PMs as i was playing my LD, and i took a screenshot of it, he would be banned for sure and i could appeal the game on the grounds that i was distracted and could not communicate with my team. Though it was not ingame, he did it through a program that is associated with Trench Wars, that has clearly been advertised within the game as a tool to further promote communication among teams. I saw the bot zone the ad multiple times.

With that said, i could care less if it gets appealed or not, but when you have the player of the opposite team screwing you through a "loop hole", that is complete BS and deserves an appeal. If you want to win fairly, why are you having one of your teammates jeopardizing the game in your favor?

THOUGH I FIND IT HILARIOUS THAT NOONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE COMPLETE SHI7 WE TOOK ON THEIR PATHETIC LD LINEUP

not to mention the predictions that involved Pandora beating us :/ funk out my face lawl
                              Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

• Hmm.. can't believe this has made it to 5 pages.

Also, why the hell are you appealing during regular season? Not like it matters whether you win or lose this match as you will make it to the playoffs anyways. Prove yourselves where it matters, thanks.
                                ^ This right here is why this whole thing blows my mind. Fierce is one of the top 2 squads in TWLJ with Pandora. You'll get your chance to redeem yourself for your -1-10 performance at the end of the season.

https://www.typefrag.com/billing/def...?type=Ventrilo

Since you're not in TWLB fierce, you could get a 5 man server for 3 months and pay $5.40. You would think, knowing that the TW ventrillo server gets trolled enough as it is, you would want to get something that was exclusive for your squad. I'm on that server very rarely to play League of Legends with muh boy Apok, but every time I've gotten on you have someone who is connecting and disconnecting (which BTW yes is annoying but has never induced any sort of lag or FPS issue.) That person just get's banned from the server. It blows my mind that you guys don't use Skype for your TWL matches. I've never had any lag issues using Skype while playing TW.
                                5:beam> why is every custodian in the vampire diaries a big black guy who gets eaten by a vampire
                                5:beam> this show incredibly racist
                                5:beam> got a party with 10000 white ppl no other ethnicity in sight
                                5:beam> all of a sudden 300 pound black custodian comes out of nowhere to get eaten

2:Oderus Urungus> fis gets moist in the crotch when she has an opportunity to shiplock me

Comment

Working...
                                X