Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming TWD/TWL and other random TW ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
    someone get this retard off me please. everyone has a fkin laptop unless you are a homeless scrub. nobody is going to use a desktop to play this 2d spaceship game from the 90s.
    back in 95, people played on CRT monitors and they did have res, keep believing everyones on a laptop or a smart phone playing this game fucking fool.
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Larger res again..ffs....yea larger res doesn't make you "better", but give u the advantage to be better if you take it. 2pacz was finally able to break 1:1 with his higher res in dtd and able to prey on shitty wbs, now he thinks he needs larger res so he can compete in twl. If everyone had the same res, the higher res wouldn't be a problem, but they don't. Basically end of story. If you vote higher res, its because you cant win twl without the advantage u think u need. Sad shit.
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

i can't take screenshots with the resizer but i took one on 1280x1024 using same settings (large fonts, no stars etc. that I have to use with it) anyway, that safe is on my screen with the other res. if you don't think that is an advantage then you are not good nor have you ever been in wbs.

TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Majority of people play this game on laptops now and its just sad as fuk to me that others want to play on imax theaters to do good.
          Seems like a flawless claim lol
          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Res caps are the way to go. Put everyone on the same playing field, and let their skill in the ships decide the winner, instead of the skill of buying a setup that supports larger resolutions.
            If you can't beat someone playing on the exact same resolution, maybe you aren't really that good.
            Former TW Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
              Res caps are the way to go. Put everyone on the same playing field, and let their skill in the ships decide the winner, instead of the skill of buying a setup that supports larger resolutions.
              If you can't beat someone playing on the exact same resolution, maybe you aren't really that good.
              Ya I agree with 2pac, sure a few lazy people play on laptops but that's their problem. Majority of gamers use desktop PC hooked up to nice monitors. Not all CRTs like me but even tho those can use 2000+ res and not everyone is playing on home theater systems that's just dumb so stop saying that. Just learn to dodge.
              3x TWLD All-Star
              2x TWLD Finals MVP
              2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Originally posted by Shaddowknight View Post
                Res caps only keep people away from the game. That you think res somehow makes a player better or worse is as ludicrous as those videos I posted.
                If you want to keep them fine.
                But to say buying a setup?

What are you trying to say exactly?
                You could plug a tablet into a monitor with a K&M and this game would run fine. That you want to try to make it look like people have to spend money to get skill is pathetic. I have played though the evolution of monitors and people who are quality are good people who aren't just aren't.
                That is still the only argument I see from allowing a larger resolution.
                The few people who do use WB's somehow thing Res makes the player.

Show me an example where res makes a player. I normally have a 2:1 K/d even before I used a larger res and I still only use one that is within the radar because I learned to shoot using radar not res. The only difference I see now is dodging strays is abit eaiser.
                Still i'm open for other views on the topic. So long as they can be backed up with something other than commentary.

Comment

Delectable is correct.
                  The monitor doesn't make the shot. The player makes the shot. A user still has to learn to aim lead a target and shoot at the correct time. Also larger resolutions are open for everyone who owns a laptop or desktop it isn't like some of you cannot have a larger res. That said those of you who keep saying res makes the player. Hmmm
                  Well that would mean that what you are afraid of playing at a larger res for fear of what?

If you cant beat someone playing on what ever resolution they like maybe you really aren't as good as you think you are?
                  Aim comes from the player.
                  Not the resolution.
                  Dodge comes from the player.
                  Not the resolution.

If anything the problem is allowing some of you to play with the huge lag spikes and packet loss that would never be accepted in league FPS games.

Arguments like the french against a change in res lol

Comment

Originally posted by rothe View Post
                    ... I normally have a 2:1 K/d even before I used a larger res...
                    dude, people are not talking about pub gameplay, but twdd/ld games. those squad games, know them?

Comment

Oh I know and I wasn't talking about pub lol.
                      Still.
                      You add nothing to the argument other than try to say what exactly?
                      Would you like to go 1 on 1 with me? Res doesn't make the player. That's the only point I have tried to make. That a few of you are so afraid of having to learn to play at a larger res and your only defense is how would anyone else know whats best other than us. Is such a single minded approach there is no further point in this.
                      I play on large and small res.
                      My skill isn't determined by res nor is my view on the subject have anything to do with pub but its cute you bring it up.

Comment

Oh I know and I wasn't talking about pub lol.
                        Still.
                        You add nothing to the argument other than try to say what exactly?
                        Would you like to go 1 on 1 with me? Res doesn't make the player. That's the only point I have tried to make. That a few of you are so afraid of having to learn to play at a larger res and your only defense is how would anyone else know whats best other than us. Is such a single minded approach there is no further point in this.
                        I play on large and small res.
                        My skill isn't determined by res nor is my view on the subject have anything to do with pub but its cute you bring it up.
                        I don't think you understand warbird and resolution at all. You seem to love babbling on about useless shit. Going to waste my time to explain it to you.

Advantages of higher resolution (against opponents with lower resolution):

1. Instead of seeing blue dots on your radar, your field of vision is increased and you see your enemy on screen. This allows you to see which direction they are facing, if they have shot yet, and if your team can separate him from his team. Keep in mind all he sees of you is a blue dot and therefore he is at a disadvantage. You can easily watch him on screen (while he just sees you as a blue dot and has no idea where you are facing or if you have even shot), and wait for him to be in a bad position and vulch him.

2. Just like the situation I described in #1, if you are able to see your enemy without him seeing you on screen, you can even shoot at him from a distance and put him at a disadvantage because to him they appear as strays and not aimed shots. His resolution is lower, so his reaction time to dodge them is less because he sees the shot only when it enters his screen. Not to mention you can "guide" a player to where you want him to be by lobbing at him and seeing him actually react to the shots on screen.

3. You simply have more time to react when it comes to dodging and killing because the ratio of time spent looking on screen to radar is higher. The more you are able to focus your time on screen, the bigger the advantage you have over your opponents who have to spend more time looking at radar. You can spot a guy trying to vulch you from miles away and get in position to kill him before he even reaches you. So even on the defensive front, you have an advantage. Warbird at the higher levels is all about game awareness, reaction time, and shot selection. All 3 of these components of warbirding are amplified with an advantage in resolution.

Obviously "resolution doesnt make a player", but the fact is that it can be an advantage in the hands of a capable player. It is fucking common sense. If you see more of the playing field than your opponent, you will have an advantage. I don't know how much more of this I should spell out for you. But if you dont understand this even now, then you are a fucking idiot and not worth anyones time.
                        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

You seem to be the fucking idiot who doesn't seem to understand with larger res comes more time to dodge.

Your the fucking idiot who doesn't seem to understand that a larger res is available to everyone.

LMAO you want to keep insulting me yet your argument keeps coming back to resolution makes the player better. The fact is you can react or you cant. The fact is you can dodge or you cant. The fact is some teams work better than others.

Everything else is you acting like a crying baby because people don't want to play your way.

So how about you shut the fuck up with your excuses that you can't adapt. You want to call me a fucking idiot and others faggots making this personal while providing basic common sense shit to try to back up your point?

You can aim or you cant
                          You can dodge or you cant

If your watching across the screen rather than the ship closer to you and that's what you think makes a good player your the fucking idiot not me. Learn to triage your shots.

And just to be clear fuck you Crescent Seal you want to pull the high horse act like I don't know what the fuck i'm talking about when I have more time in than you ever will.

I'm done assholes like you are why a very fun and easy to learn game like this doesn't have the players it should.

Comment

You seem to be the fucking idiot who doesn't seem to understand with larger res comes more time to dodge.
                            I said this you idiot lol. This is why its an advantage over others who dont have large resolution. They have less time to react for dodging when compared to someone who has larger res. I provided you with facts and common sense like you wanted. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend it. Stop talking about things you clearly have no idea about. Scram kid. Shoo lol.
                            1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Crescent Seal View Post
                              I've always been against the removal of a resolution cap in twld and twdd. Main reasons include a massive advantage over people who have the standard or sub-standard resolutions. It is just fact that being able to look at screen more than radar is an advantage because it gives the ability to react faster. Majority of people play this game on laptops now and its just sad as fuk to me that others want to play on imax theaters to do good. To all of you people who want to have this advantage, keep in mind that its only working for you because the actual warbirds who play on standard res have not upgraded their resolutions yet. If the rest of us also start playing on 1920 x whatever, that advantage will be gone for you and literally nothing would change. Since when did we start babying people in this game? Getting tired of fgts like riksa who refuse to participate in twld because of resolution. Do you really want an advantage over others before even considering playing? This is like me wanting 500 extra energy in javelin or i wont play twlj. Man the fuk up.

Give me a list of people who will start participating in twld if the res cap was removed. By participation, I mean players who will start on squads or at least play half the season. If it is significant enough, I won't mind the change. Otherwise all we accomplish is tainting the last few seasons (or the LAST season) of competitive play in this game.
                              No you seem to think that larger screen makes a better player.
                              It doesn't
                              You seem to think everyone plays on laptops
                              They don't

Larger res is open to everyone. That your afraid to change that's on you.
                              All of your points come back to larger res = better player because of course someone with a larger res would only play people with smaller res? Yet that is a huge assumption and well like I said your an ass.

Comment

hey kid, beat it. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X