Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brainstorming TWD/TWL and other random TW ideas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivf View Post
    I've been fighting for res change for years. Staff won't make the change because they don't have the minerals to upset a small minority of players. And people wonder why twdt is now the better league. I wonder if the same people who cry about resolution have a Nokia3210 and watch their hench TV which has a bigger back than goddess.
    I've seen all the bitching before with people threatening to quit the game over the years; over decisions staff have made for the better.I'm buying myself a desktop soon. I will remember to ask the sales advisor if he has an old bulky monitor which has 1280x1024 from 2000.

I won't be shooting in TWLD unless the res is changed.
    Check the top 10 wbs from TWDTD, where are these off radar rushers in there? Not to be seen... Absolutely got smashed by basers and javs because their rush off radar vulch doesn't work, that's why they are crying. It's sad that staff force players to play to a specific style. Highering the res allows players to be able to rush, mid-range and snipe. It almost eliminates all strays.
    When I do play on small res, it's a joke how I'm forced to play a 10 minute match off my radar. Take your eye off radar for a second and someone who was at the top of the radar when you shot are now in front of your ship shooting you.

I can tell you who will win TWLD before the season starts. Change the res and make the league unpredictable and more exciting. I know I'll be able to bring excitement to the league again if the res is changed.

When is TWDT next starting?
    Dude, don't diss the Nokia 3210.
    It can kill people!
    Rudy> Maisoul has a history of making men out of girls. Something in his physiology.

Morgane> was that fun?
    waxer> like the first time i had sex, i cried
    Morgane> u really cried the first time u had sex?
    waxer> LOl,no
    waxer> im just like kthx, i never had sex

Comment

I won't be shooting in TWLD unless the res is changed.
      Who cares?
      "Action is the real measure of intelligence. "
      Napoleon Hill

wiibimbo>I'm gonna take u out next week for a beer and pizza at Leonardo's...no homo tho! I prefer big boobs
      Dral>I can get implants

Comment

Was not respectful yesterday sorry for that I normally don't loose my head and insult people like that.

Originally posted by Fork View Post
        But isn't it possible for players to play on higher resolutions anyway without being detected? (From an old thread I read a while back). If so how we know most people arent using 2000+ resolutions anyway?

I guess increasing the resolution could create more competition for pros that stick to a lower resolution? (Dif players becoming good- that should be a good thing I think).

I've never got it to work but those who have small monitors could use a program to increase the resolution to 2000+? If the program worked well and if everyone was offered the same thing (restrict the resolution to the max resolution of that program) then it could be fair. But there again I could be talking crap. Anyway back to more planetside 2.

Yes fork you are exactly correct. Not only on that but on people who use VPN so that on a smaller res there is only one play style.
        Anyhow here is what you were talking about.
        http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/
        One of a few different ones. That is a 3rd party but most every single gfx card allows the user to change the res to what ever they want.

When resolutions that are smaller than the native resolution of the screen it causes a small time lag.
        That said I guess most of you do not play full screen. For those that do there is a noticeable difference.

If the goal is to make an even footing for everyone to play on lag and packet loss have much more an impact on game play in this type of game than resolution ever will. So when I see some peoples lag bounce between 60 and 200 constantly I raise an eyebrow because in league play it would never be allowed when the league was more active. Those left I don't think get how much their lag effects game play more than resolution ever will or would.

And yes people regularly use resizer's.
        God forbid others used them and the footing was equil save for lag interactions between server and player. Which strangely for a game this old still has one of the best hit registry I have see.
        Last edited by rothe; 05-04-2016, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rothe
          rothe

You seem to be the fucking idiot who doesn't seem to understand with larger res comes more time to dodge.

Your the fucking idiot who doesn't seem to understand that a larger res is available to everyone.

LMAO you want to keep insulting me yet your argument keeps coming back to resolution makes the player better. The fact is you can react or you cant. The fact is you can dodge or you cant. The fact is some teams work better than others.

Everything else is you acting like a crying baby because people don't want to play your way.

So how about you shut the fuck up with your excuses that you can't adapt. You want to call me a fucking idiot and others faggots making this personal while providing basic common sense shit to try to back up your point?

You can aim or you cant
          You can dodge or you cant

If your watching across the screen rather than the ship closer to you and that's what you think makes a good player your the fucking idiot not me. Learn to triage your shots.

And just to be clear fuck you Crescent Seal you want to pull the high horse act like I don't know what the fuck i'm talking about when I have more time in than you ever will.

I'm done assholes like you are why a very fun and easy to learn game like this doesn't have the players it should.
          TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

We already tested removing res limits in what 2014? Twdd didnt become anymore active(so theres that argument). Games just became boring lob fests. Then they put the res limit back on.

It wont make anyone better, it will just change the style of play.

Anyone can lob, dodge and play safe. Taking zero risk.

Try killing any good wb 10 times when he does this style of play, it will take an hour.

What takes skill is a player who can vulch and rush you down, why do you think not many can?

All the good wbs are the players who can do both styles of playing when needed.

Now if we remove this res cap, all you're gonna see is the players adjust to less rushing and more lobbing but the same ppl dominating.
            Just lobbing r3's and 40min boring games with much more running.
            Last edited by olde; 05-04-2016, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
              Man looking ready to sunbathe in Portugal!
              Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
              Your friend,
              ​​Papi
              ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                We already tested removing res limits in what 2014? Twdd didnt become anymore active(so theres that argument). Games just became boring lob fests. Then they put the res limit back on.

It wont make anyone better, it will just change the style of play.

Anyone can lob, dodge and play safe. Taking zero risk.

Try killing any good wb 10 times when he does this style of play, it will take an hour.

What takes skill is a player who can vulch and rush you down, why do you think not many can?

All the good wbs are the players who can do both styles of playing when needed.

Now if we remove this res cap, all you're gonna see is the players adjust to less rushing and more lobbing but the same ppl dominating.
                Just lobbing r3's and 40min boring games with much more running.

man shut the fuck up, you played TWDT and did you complain or bitch about res? you guys bum ass vets scared of a person with a higher res because its harder for u 2 defend and bitch and complain.

Hey look jones I can upload shit too!

https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I don't play TWL and I haven't played TWD in some years, that really, I agree with what olde said. Res limits make it fair for everyone. If you can't see that and expect that a person must compensate for your higher-res by considering your res in their shots, if everyone's different res was public knowledge aside from a search on the TW stats page, then you're asking for an unnecessary dimension for players.

Frankly, being able to accommodate different resolutions, though some players might be capable of doing so, is an arbitrary skill and does not actually reflect on what is necessary to be good enough to win in TWL/TWD. They might be capable of gauging their aim according to different resolutions, but it lacks fairness in dodging. It would, I guess, cheapen the prestige...lose value...dilute the entire point of the game for it to come down to, who has the bigger monitor, with the guy with the higher resolution making the shot ONLY because the other player's resolution was lower and thus simply didn't see the bullet/bomb in time.

Theoretically, the player with the lower resolution would have to know the opponent's methods of playing and dodge according to what is predicted in order for the disadvantage to be minimized, but if the other player plays in such a way that other players can study them to the point of being able to predict their shots via radar, then I doubt they'd be high on the ladder in the first place. So no, the disadvantage is real.

Having res limits is simply fair.

Comment

Check the top 10 wbs from TWDTD, where are these off radar rushers in there? Not to be seen... Absolutely got smashed by basers and javs because their rush off radar vulch doesn't work, that's why they are crying.
                    1. the actual warbirds remained on the standard resolution hence their poor stats.
                    2. many of the actual warbirds didn't even participate.
                    3. its twdt...lol

all of this coming from the self proclaimed best rusher and juker of all time is hilarious as fuk. are you telling me that after 15 years of being a competitive twld player who had the ability of shifting across a map and killing someone with a rush, you can't do it anymore? like really? you just want an advantage over others. its obvious.
                    1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

if removing the res cap brings in a significant number of players to the twld scene, then i'm all for it. as long as it doesn't taint the leagues reputation, cause vets to quit, or have a negative impact on the style of gameplay then idc. i'll use it too then to stay on the same playing field. what annoys me however is the fact that some of you retards are arguing about how having a bigger res than your opponent isnt an advantage.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I normally play full screen 1920x1200, but when I play in a window for dd I can barely play at all. It's not because my advantage is removed, it's because it totally messes with my setup - my ship isn't in the middle, radar isn't at the corner, etc.. it's TOO DIFFERENT that it becomes unplayable. This is why I don't dd but do twdtd. wb is 1/3 of the game and I just want it to stop fucking itself over in the name of a few ppl in the desert with peasant monitors. It's 2016, you can't even buy a peasant monitor, let's open up dd to all players. #sandyvaginas
                        Last edited by Rab; 05-05-2016, 02:43 AM.

Comment

The warbird as many styles to the game and opening the res opens them up too. Staff are forcing players to rush off radar. Remove the cap and let players play rush, mid and snipe. Because the current cap is ridiculous. Might as well just big screen the radar and play off that. People wonder why warbird is dying because suicide nobodies like cres are crying on the forum. Listen to someone who has dominated the ship for years and has great k owledge of ship one and the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                            man shut the fuck up, you played TWDT and did you complain or bitch about res? you guys bum ass vets scared of a person with a higher res because its harder for u 2 defend and bitch and complain.

Hey look jones I can upload shit too!

Well 1st off i only logged on for 2 mybe 3 twdt matches this year due to being busy

And 2nd off i personally dont care if they remove res caps. I was just stating the facts of the matter

I hope they do remove it so all the ppl crying about it stfu. Then when they still get destroyed, id love to hear their new excuse of why thet got destroyed. Should make for good fun, competitive trash talk xD
                            Last edited by olde; 05-05-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

choo choo
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                                choo choo
                                finally something relevant

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Working...
                                X