Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Two Week Delay

Hi everyone,

I'd like to officially announce that TWL will be delayed for the next two weekends.

The first weekend June 27-29th coincides with the superlong 4-day weekend that many Canadians will get for Canada Day. The second weekend July 4-6th coincides with Independence day in America.

Because most of our hosts are American and Canadian we're going to be taking a nice break.

TWL will be resuming on the July 11-13th weekend.

Please enjoy your break and sorry for the delay for all those unaffected by these holidays in real life.

-Epi
    Last edited by Epinephrine; 06-22-2003, 06:04 PM.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

will do epi.
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

13th is my birthday, Pallies2Win
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

yay more delays!!!
        Originally posted by Tyson
        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
        Originally posted by HeavenSent
        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
        Originally posted by Izor
        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

yay won't miss any games
          http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

I keep telling you, that you need more european staffers
            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
            There wont be another election for president.
            Obama is the Omega President.
            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

So now games are in the middle of highseason. I wonder what my boss will say when I tell him I need sunday or saturdaynights off to play subspace :S
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Can't help but think it is a bad idea delaying it just because 2 countries happen to have national holidays. People will still be playing SS after all. They just have more time to do so over that period.

This could really be hurtful for us (Brits) as the resuming of TWL coincides with the end of the school term and the beginning of many peoples family holidays.
                Warpath

Comment

its not like anything got delayed when Sweden and Finland celebrated midsummers eve
                  Originally posted by Tyson
                  There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                  Originally posted by HeavenSent
                  Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                  Originally posted by Izor
                  Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by nemiseph
                    This could really be hurtful for us (Brits) as the resuming of TWL coincides with the end of the school term and the beginning of many peoples family holidays.
                    heh dont take this the bad way

brits are 1-6 in twld and 0-7 in twlb. cant really hurt u too much
                    TWL-J champ season 5 (Elusive)
                    TWL-D champ season 6 (Elusive)
                    TWL-D champ season 8 (-FINAL-)
                    TWL-D champ season 10 (Syndicate)

Comment

There are 2 hollidayes per year that should be eligble to cancel games, x-mas and new years eve.

Considering most SS players are dorky, why not try to play during these 2 weekends, and i bet you alot no squad would no show.

Make some 13 year old obsessed european kid op of these leagues, and maybe we wouldn't get these delays.. With this pace this league will be going on when the school starts, and that's bad..

oh, and ill haveto stay 2 more weeks in this stupied zone before i can quit..
                      $$$

Comment

Believe me, it is best that we do this. Here's why:

48 games over two weekends + 2 major Holidays in North America = No hosts, half of all squad members out doing more important shit than playing the spaceship game, and a ton of other bad things that will all lead to two very unenjoyable weekends of TWL.
                        Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Pusher, I think you're overrastimatin the average SS players social skills.. ie:

1:Epinephrine> I gotta go
                          1:Rule> bye
                          1:Epinephrine> mom needs computer
                          1:Epinephrine> cya
                          1:vihta> hahah
                          1:Mr. Spam> haha
                          1:Mr. Spam> make room for mommy
                          1:KickAshMan> lol
                          1:KickAshMan> but mommy!

And make more euro's ref's, they don't have the cocky ref abusing attitude either..
                          $$$

Comment

Originally posted by Sudden

Make some 13 year old obsessed european kid op of these leagues, and maybe we wouldn't get these delays.. With this pace this league will be going on when the school starts, and that's bad..

Think about that statement a second, do you really want a 13 year old kid to run this league? If you can find one who is fair, objective, intelligent, mature, coordinated, reasonable, level-headed, open to criticism, responsible, technically proficient, able to give and take direction, committed, and possesses great leadership qualities... by all means send him our way.

If we were to allow play over these two weekends, it would only cause more problems than it would supposedly be solving. A lot of people are going to be gone, and I don't think any of you wants only half your squad showing up for games which hold an incredible amount significance in these final weeks of the regular season.

Even with this 2 week break, TWL will be ending the weekend of August 22nd which will be the All-Star Weekend.
                            Ünited Stätes Toughens Image With Umlauts WASHINGTON, DC—In a move designed to make the United States seem more "bad-assed and scary in a quasi-heavy-metal manner," Congress passed a bill Monday changing the nation's name to the Ünited Stätes of Ämerica. "Much like Mötley Crüe and Motörhead, the Ünited Stätes is not to be messed with," said Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK). An upcoming redesign of the Ämerican flag will feature the new name in burnished silver wrought in a jagged, gothic font and bolted to a black background. A new national anthem is also in the works, to be written by composer Glenn Danzig and tentatively titled "Howl Of The She-Demon."

-->CLICK HERE!$!$!<--

Comment

Don't take the age literally, having one american and one european op would be better.

And most squads got 25 people on roster, why not make a rule that if one squad can't show enough they get a legal forfeit. At least to try to only postpone 1 week, cause I know that most american schools starts around the 15th of august (at least mine) and most people drive up there a bit earlier, so that means that that weekend will get screwd up, and it also happends to be the finals in all leagues..

Also, I'm anticipating more delays, but that's just a hunch.
                              $$$

Comment

Working...
                              X