TWL Two Week Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Arro!
    http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Yeah, he left out getting a wedding present from shade. That's important, too.

I forgot to send the cherry panties, though.

Comment

ew

Yes, these leagues are a pain. They should be done!!!! they are getting boring now! But it is a good idea for a little time off!! people have been a little stressed.... no european should be stuck as op... It should be an american COUGH icestorm lolz

Just kidden!! <3 eurpeans i guess

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
        1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
        1:Freeze> LOL FAR
        ---
        5:waven> freeze
        5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
        5:waven> you state your business with sanji
        5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
        5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
        5:waven> and i will talk to ease
        5:Freeze> LOL
        5:waven> that's how things work around here
        --
        1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Canadian and Usa holidays... (like only 2 country in world)

Yay, delay league cuz american and canadian ppl would not be able to play.

Just wondering that what about other country holidays...

Last weekend we had 4-day holiday in Finland, called "juhannus" (=get drunk as u can . WEll, no problem to get hosts [not many hosts from finland], but players(?), for example, we (ancients) had serious problems to have ppl to play in twlj round since every1 were on holiday (and like u all know, theres not many non-finnish in ancs :/ ).

Yes, i understand that it would be hard to get host on those holidays... but again, US ppl gets advantage

Just my 2 cents.

(no need to reply if u r going to just mock on me).
          Cuji> Mantra stop spamming ?cheater, running in twd game is legal

Pearl Jam> ewan, stop stealing goals you mongoloid

Comment

I have no problem taking time off from leagues, but since my current weekends are spent waiting until it's time to go to sleep again, I expect the league ops to find replacement entertainment for me in the proceeding weeks. Nothing academic, please, and nothing that involves any kind of lifting, pushing, or processing.

Thanks in advance
            - Roger
            RogerMexico
            The Daily Nice
            Post Secret

Comment

delaying the league for holidays is a really good idea when the population is limited to one or two countries. for an international level, i'd suggest not having any league-sanctioned off-weeks, but instead give each squad like 2 or 3 postponements that they can use. but make it to where they have to submit the postponement by say thursday of the week they're scheduled for.
              plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Fuck the euros, what'd they ever do for us?
                http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

ww1
                  ww2
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                    Fuck the euros, what'd they ever do for us?
                    beat the shit out of the french a few times?
                    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Would TWL be postponed if 1 or 2 European countries happened to have national holidays? I doubt it.

The lack of hosts argument doesn't seem to hold up. On the American holiday, the Canadian hosts will still be able to host. And vice-versa on the Canadian holiday.

If both holidays were on the same weekend then maybe this argument would be valid.

Alternitively, why not have more time slots with less games hosted in each to compensate for the lack of hosts?

I'm sure that not too many people would mind TWL going on for a couple of hours longer.
                      Warpath

Comment

The Euros are conspiring to get easy wins while everyone is off piss drunk the next weeks.

Ancients> no holiday huyekjal
                        British Squad> dittoah
                        Disoblige> JAH
                        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                        Failure teaches success.
                        . â–²
                        ▲ ▲

Comment

Originally posted by Sudden
                          Make some 13 year old obsessed european kid op of these leagues, and maybe we wouldn't get these delays.. With this pace this league will be going on when the school starts, and that's bad..
                          Good idea. Maybe we'd get some competent TWL Ops.

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                          delaying the league for holidays is a really good idea when the population is limited to one or two countries. for an international level, i'd suggest not having any league-sanctioned off-weeks, but instead give each squad like 2 or 3 postponements that they can use.
                          Very true.. And a good valid suggestion. But implementing such a thing would have taken foresight, the ability to learn from the past (This idea was successful in the past) and an ability to think outside of the "what works for me" box. Doubt its something we will ever see...unless it somehow can benefit the current Ops.

Does all this sound pessimistic? Probably. Why ? Because as many ppl have expressed, this is currently the worst handled and run season of TWL. It took MONTHS to finally get started (EVEN after Slowbob left) and requires little to no work from Ops to run yet still they show an inept ability to mess it up, not make fair and honest judgements and not run it smoothly. I'd love to quote someone in game that summed up the true feelings of many, but he'd probably get in trouble with staff.. so I'll just paraphrase for him. "This TWL season is a joke".

Comment

If this TWL season is a joke then I dont even want to know what some of the past seasons are. TWL is being run well, people care, and work hard to make sure it works well. More than ever players are getting involved with predictions, and things like fantasy league. I have seen TWL ops prac with bots hours before hand to make sure that they will not falter during TWL games. Of course there will always be some errors, but I have seen far worse in past seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
                              The Euros are conspiring to get easy wins while everyone is off piss drunk the next weeks.

Ancients> no holiday huyekjal
                              British Squad> dittoah
                              Disoblige> JAH

No the point is that "we" didnt whine when we had holiday...
                              Originally posted by Tyson
                              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                              Originally posted by HeavenSent
                              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                              Originally posted by Izor
                              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Yea we had the biggest annual drinking festival on last weekend. Felt like shit playing this game on sunday.
                                Originally posted by Diakka
                                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Working...
                                X