This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Squads

Well TWL is over and all the squads that were going to break up have broken up. WR survived the period in which they seemed to be imploding (Kuuk, castro and a few others left but their name escapes me), so it seems just Elusive and Rampage left, but whether Elusive has gone forever is debatable. Along with this the usual 50 new squads have sprung, and I'll attempt to throw the form book at them in the early pre-season stages and give my survival rating.

Camisade

If they do carry out their threats of re-forming then they have the advantage over the other new squads in that they already have a reputation. However, they have been a little slow out of he starting blocks when it comes to recruiting and most of the big names have gone, and any remaining decent players will see the size of their roster and think again. So it looks like Cami will have to do a wr and recruit 'pub newbies' who actually turn out to be really good. They've done it once before, but I don't know the circumstance (ie did they all know each other and decide to form a squad or did Pasco go around asking people), so I'm not sure whether they can do it again.

Survival Rating: 3/10

Crisis

I have the horrible feeling that Crisis will become the next NS. They certainly have the staying power to stick around, as in most of the player won't demand the title in the first season, and so are quite happy to play in TWL, however whether they will threaten the higher echelons I'm not so sure.

Survival Rating: 7/10

Disoblige

Very new, not going to achieve anything, doomked from the start.

Survival Rating: Fucked.

Divine

This squad has a good basis from which they must build on. A good core jav team including cxi, JeBu, punnani and redlights should see the team steer clear of the bottom places, but a solid but unspectacular rest of the squad would be their downfall when it comes to the push for the top few places.

Survival Rating 5/10

Evolution

Next season's champions. Does someone want to do an unbiased profile on us?

Survival Rating: n/a

LEGO/
    HUGE, fuck-off roster, bound to be some talent in there somewhere. Can't see them going anywhere until the end of the season either. Captain Hannes has obviously adopted the 'grab em and bag em' approach to recruiting, lets hope it pays dividends.

Survival Rating: 6/10 - theres so many of them

No Surrender

Apparently they're back, not for long.

Survival Rating: 1/10

Pirates

A good blend of experienced players and new talent, the skill of players such as a2m might rub off on the newer generation, although with this line-up I can't see them getting past the likes of Pallies, Disco and WR.

Survival Rating: 4/10

Rage

Some good players but a lot of egos. Also need a few more players than their current 13, but if they carry on like they started and aren't at each others throats then I foresee a strong finish.

Survival Rating: 3/10 - ego wars!

Rejected Basers

Paul's squad have been quietly biding their time, honing their skills on ?go base and year of surprise success could be on the cards. Then again this could all be total bullshit, but I think RB will surprise a few people in base this season. In other leagues I don't think they'll fare as well but RB are definately a squad for the future, I just think they need to change their name before they get stuck with it.

Spores

Another pupil of the school of recruiting en mass, it seems bulk buying is the latest craze with 29 members. Its either 'do a wr' or bust for Spores this season.

Survival Rating: 2/10, well, at the squad might live on but all the decent people might leave.

Stab

Don't expect miracles... or points.

Survival Rating: 1/10

Bloody hell how many squads are there down the bottom of the alphabet? I though I'd be finished at RB.

Value

I thought they had some good members but I've just looked at their TWD roster again and it seems they've all left. Does someone want to fill me in on what happened? Squadless' BO too much?

Mike's final though: It seems the well-known, established and best basers haven't left their old squads, will this season be same old same old? And don't shag your sister.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Re: New Squads

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    Disoblige

Very new, not going to achieve anything, doomked from the start.

Survival Rating: Fucked.
    Haha. They need to get on some more practice for basing next season if they're looking for that sweep.

Evolution

Next season's champions. Does someone want to do an unbiased profile on us?

Survival Rating: n/a
    Gladly. You guys have an experianced roster, but I'm doubtful if you guys can keep together long enough as a squad to make it through leagues. I hope so though, we'd like to base you.

Survival Rating: 6/10

Rejected Basers

Paul's squad have been quietly biding their time, honing their skills on ?go base and year of surprise success could be on the cards. Then again this could all be total bullshit, but I think RB will surprise a few people in base this season. In other leagues I don't think they'll fare as well but RB are definately a squad for the future, I just think they need to change their name before they get stuck with it.

Thanks for the boost of confidence. Basing's our thing, we might JD and DD for fun, but TWLB is where we'll be competitive. Oh yeah, and we might change the squadname, but probably not.

Spores

Another pupil of the school of recruiting en mass, it seems bulk buying is the latest craze with 29 members. Its either 'do a wr' or bust for Spores this season.

Survival Rating: 2/10, well, at the squad might live on but all the decent people might leave.
    I think Spores will be another surprise this season. Phrenitis and Jeansi have the basing talent for leagues, I just hope they can rub it off onto their newer members. Probably not a top contender, but up and coming nonetheless.

Survival Rating: 5/10
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

I'm planning on staying around, and while I stay, Spores does

Also, I don't think myself either that we'll be top contenders for twl, that isn't even our (major ) goal right now. What I'm trying to do is introduce all the guys to the different twd systems and give them a try at real dueling/javving/basing. Of course, they will develop their skills along the way. (at least I hope, and I'll try to help it)

As for Evolution an unbiased one:

Evolution has some seriously good players in their roster, basingwise, they probably would be quite high, if they just get their team to work as a team. (duh)

My own wicked survival rating: 8/10, all depends on the team spirit
      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
      3 league vet

Comment

We're sticking with RB for life, any reaction that people get from our name is to our advantage, just think about it
        I think we deserve a higher survival rate than that, we're hella active and we're slowly weeding out the non team members that we KNOW won't stick around with us forever (hell one left today).
        We have no reason to dissolve, ever, I've learned my lesson from the first RB, that is to stick around through thick and thin, and no matter how much you love a player on your squad, kick him if he's inactive, because with activity, and player can become great!

With Evolution and you Zeus, yah I think you guys can stick around, but only becuase most of your roster isn't as active as most these days and would have no means to join another squad right now. You have the individual talent to win TWLB next season, but with unless you start showing a couple matches a week, I don't think you can pull off the team deal.

In other words, get active and you'll be golden.

LEGO, isn't a new squad, they come and go with TW, they've shown some great stuff in TWD, but they are mostly a DSB squad and if they don't put more focus on TW, they're going to be swallowed up by the active TW squads.

Spores, I really haven't seen all that much from them. They seem to be more active in other areas of TW rather than basing, so I can't really judge them.

I'm really hoping these guys will stay around, we'd love to base all of yah and we can't wait until TWL. These survival ratings all depend on how many people will be loyal to the squad no matter what.... if you have enough, they won't see anybody leaving all that often, at least no body active

Good luck to all of you, I'm ready for this TWD to reset and let the race start

Comment

Gonna try to carry my squad into TWLD and see what happens.
          Let the TWD scores reset and let the competetive squads take upon blades and go after each other like the wild beasts that we all are.

-Tyson
          Blood Love Overcomes Our Depressions

Comment

LEGO is all that DSB nemore... we may be Champs but we have a dedicated TW roster. Frankly, LEGO tw is very unlike LEGO DSB

Comment

Evolution- Didn't work the first time.

Comment

Shade, I think you gave Zeus a reason to keep evo around this time, even if it IS only him on the squad :P

Comment

Assumming this thread is about basing I don't think Pirates have any interest at all in basing. Seems like a jav squad that won't play basing, but I don't know for sure.

Comment

ya i'd havta say Crisis and Pirates are TWJD oriented...but possibly TWDD for pirates
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                      Shade, I think you gave Zeus a reason to keep evo around this time, even if it IS only him on the squad :P
                      Was Zoos even in evo last time? I don't think he was, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I'll say this then:

"Evolution didn't work and neither did... uh what the fuck were they called... Dekai

P.S. I love you nailed, you are the best."

Comment

Spores looks like the new Dekai
                        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Re: New Squads

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                          Pirates

A good blend of experienced players and new talent, the skill of players such as a2m might rub off on the newer generation, although with this line-up I can't see them getting past the likes of Pallies, Disco and WR.

Survival Rating: 4/10
                          ZeUs!!, no offense, but still to what you know best... basing. Pallies have posed not much of a problem... even with new recruits. But all the squads you have listed are basing squads... and you seem to be under the impression we are one to.. NEWS FLASH: NOT ALL SQUADS ARE BASING SQUADS! Right now, we own dueling and javing.. and the roster is not 13.. it's 21.. check again for new recruits and people who were finally able to use TWDBot0 to sign up recently such as Deez Nuts (aka Rookie) and a2m. Basing sucks but like all great warbird/javing sqauds, we will eventually need a new challenge and take a month to illeviate our boredom by going and becoming the top basing squad. Sorry ZeUs!!, but it's true.

And again, we have outlasted such early opponents as Cynical and Dynasty and we are only getting stronger. We have defeated such squads as Elusive and Syndicate in javs and Hercules, PjOtTeR, and Myself (and CC, our ast. captain) are all very determined to keep the squad together... even if that means axing people who dont fit in with the squad personality wise or people who are inactive or people who just dont perform in squad duels.

...i didn't read the rest of your post, just because this is the only relevant part to me. But this section is way off. ZeUs!!, you're a nice enough guy but you dont know jack about Pirates or warbird/javing
                          Last edited by Awesome; 09-09-2003, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Re: Re: New Squads

Originally posted by Awesome
                            ZeUs!!, no offense, but still to what you know best... basing. Pallies have posed not much of a problem... even with new recruits. But all the squads you have listed are basing squads... and you seem to be under the impression we are one to.. NEWS FLASH: NOT ALL SQUADS ARE BASING SQUADS! Right now, we own dueling and javing.. and the roster is not 13.. it's 21.. check again for new recruits and people who were finally able to use TWDBot0 to sign up recently such as Deez Nuts (aka Rookie) and a2m. Basing sucks but like all great warbird/javing sqauds, we will eventually need a new challenge and take a month to illeviate our boredom by going and becoming the top basing squad. Sorry ZeUs!!, but it's true.

And again, we have outlasted such early opponents as Cynical and Dynasty and we are only getting stronger. We have defeated such squads as Elusive and Syndicate in javs and Hercules, PjOtTeR, and Myself (and CC, our ast. captain) are all very determined to keep the squad together... even if that means axing people who dont fit in with the squad personality wise or people who are inactive or people who just dont perform in squad duels.

...i didn't read the rest of your post, just because this is the only relevant part to me. But this section is way off. ZeUs!!, you're a nice enough guy but you dont know jack about Pirates or warbird/javing

It's like sirius changed his name and forgot how to spell.
                            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I'm honored that we were at least mentioned. Acknowledge our newbness.
                              http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Working...
                              X