This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epinephrine
    As far as I know there are no more captains running TWL.

-Epi

make it a rule so it won't happen again. with competition like this, there's nothing better than completely eliminating possible chances of biased decisions, no matter what.

Comment

would be great if we had new maps:

twld : make the map smaller or make the map a circle instead of rectangle; oval maybe.

twlj : change the whole map. create two spawn areas and a circle base with no phsyical boundaries that can keep the player out of the base. we want the defending players having trouble entering base INSIDE not outside- unlike your typical pub map:

that would be interesting.

Comment

are there gameplay/scoring rules for twlb in there anywhere ?

how about putting it on an html page so its easier to read.

-RR

Comment

how about just summing up all the changes
          jee

Comment

A summary of the changes:

- Changed 1.07: Trench Wars League Conduct infractions will result in bans up to 5 rounds to be determined by the League Operators.

- Changed 2.02: Only Season 6 playoff squads will be granted automatic admission into Season 7.

- Changed Section 3: Updated the definitions of double squadding to include 2 names on 1 squad, lending out your name to another player to play in League matches and playing under someone elses name in a League match.

- Changed all bans to include carryover to the next season. Ie. If you get banned in round 9 for 10 rounds, you will be banned until round 9 of Season 8.

- Changed Section 4: As of current, matches will only be replayed. This could change in the future depending on the capacity of the bot to record the state of the game at the point of the interruption. Squads are no longer required to keep the same lineup, however the same number of ships must be retained.

- Changed 5.01: Extended the roster limit to 35.

- Added 5.07 and 5.08: A soft roster lock and a hard roster lock will be implemented in order to minimize squadhopping while at the same time making it so that squads are more likely to stay together in the event that they lose some of their members.

- Added 5.09: Accounted for the event that someone is accidentaly de-rostered from their squad.

- Changed 7.08: Matches whose game times are not agreed upon by the two squads will be decided by a game of Rock Paper Scissors. This rule might change slightly depending on how the RPS Bot is implemented.

- Changed 8.1: Outlined the ability of the bot to spec players for lagging. The bot will check for ping, packetloss and spike when deciding if someone should be placed into spec or not. The exact lag limits will be defined at a later date.

- Changed 9.03: Late players are allowed to join the game at any time.

Comment

What about shipchanges during twlb? If you are waiting until after bwc to make the basing rules maybe you could aswell give shipchanges a try in that tourny...
              Originally posted by Tyson
              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
              Originally posted by HeavenSent
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
              Originally posted by Izor
              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

shipchanges are lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  As far as I know there are no more captains running TWL.

-Epi
                  Pure_Luck is a captain of Spastic.

Personally, I think Pure will do a good job and that he should be entitled to help run the leagues, but I think that you [Epi] should be consulted concerning grievencies over any game dealing with Spastic, since the other three ops are from said squad and might contain bias (Nothing personal Pure, Acid, and Cpt, it's just a matter of procedure).
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

From what I know of Spastic they have no real captains.. it if says so on the webpage that's only cause *someone* needs that title. Apperently they vote on everything.

That said I'm here to make decisions if it involves Spastic to make sure that things are done fairly. Since I'm in Syndicate I think that'll be fine.

-Epi
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                      would be great if we had new maps:

twld : make the map smaller or make the map a circle instead of rectangle; oval maybe.

twlj : change the whole map. create two spawn areas and a circle base with no phsyical boundaries that can keep the player out of the base. we want the defending players having trouble entering base INSIDE not outside- unlike your typical pub map:

that would be interesting.
                      Magi, I see your intentions that this will avoid pretty much all strays and lames off spawn, not to mention the fact that if you accidently put in someone that is afk, they won't get killed. However, your format of this form will undoubtedly minimize our current twlj map, and would you really want this? Saying you want this two-way entrance map, there has to be three entrances like there is right now, so, unless map makers make the twlj map larger, or your idea cannot be implemented. Certainly, people don't want the map contents to change much either.
                      ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                      Failure teaches success.
                      . â–²
                      ▲ ▲

Comment

i forgot acid was on spastic ...but agreed as long as EPI makes the call on spastic games we shouldnt have a big deal...but it could also come out bad towards playoff time..say spastic needs Melee to win by so much over Diso...and diso wins and tehre is an appeal im sure things could be arranged that tehy replay and then melee mtie win ..not saying this will happen bc i knwo P_L and acid very well and they arent like that...and Cappy dont seem it either...but when it comes down to nit and grit u will always do what will help ur squad in the end no matter how strait uare why not have a high ranking staffer like KJW/Yomama/Over or someoen who isnt in TWL have an op spot to to make a call...3 twl ops on 1 squad is just to powerful for my liking no matter who it is
                        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Eugene
                          Magi, I see your intentions that this will avoid pretty much all strays and lames off spawn, not to mention the fact that if you accidently put in someone that is afk, they won't get killed. However, your format of this form will undoubtedly minimize our current twlj map, and would you really want this? Saying you want this two-way entrance map, there has to be three entrances like there is right now, so, unless map makers make the twlj map larger, or your idea cannot be implemented. Certainly, people don't want the map contents to change much either.

wtf are you talking about? i'm not sure if you're against my idea or what not. seriously. Why does there have to be only three entrances? "undoubtedly minimize our current twlj map"? what does that mean? Of course make the base bigger! That's better! I see BIGGER maps in ?go duel for simple 1v1 duels yet we have a small puny shitty base for 5v5s. There are so much to be dodging in javs such as bombs AND multiple bullets. There is 4 times more things to dodge playing javs yet the duel (twld or ?go duel) map is 4 times larger anyways.

If reasons above are not good enough for such a change, then the reason for something different for once will have to suffice?

Comment

let's just change the TWLJ map to something completely different in structure, and see how the players adapt to the new environment.. see who really has the skill
                            jee

Comment

Meh, rules are fine in general. The biggest problem for TWLD has and always will be spawning. Epi you know there are possible solutions which could have been tested before season 6 and now before season 7. Test them in private matches or in TWD, just get it done before my kids have to deal with spawning in TW Only thing that's required is some time and effort to try these things and there is no way in hell anyone can convince me that those in charge dont have enough free time to put into this.

Thank you

Comment

Replacement squads must respond to the invitation as soon as possible otherwise the next highest ranked TWD squad will be asked.

Define "as soon as possible"
                                There can be no room for misunderstandings.

6.05 If a League Operator's squad is directly involved with an appeal in question, the League Operator will be prohibited from controlling, influencing, or mediating the appeal and the rest of the League staff will deal with the issue.

What happens if someone accuses Spastic of cheating? Who deals with it? Having 3 league ops from the same squad seems like a bad idea to me. It has nothing to do with the people chosen, it's just a bad idea. Plain and simple. Either get league ops from different squads, to ensure fairness in all cases, or all league ops should be required to stay squadless.
                                "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Working...
                                X