X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas
    How can random be unfair?
    Your reading Stab's strangely written statement wrong. Stab means to say that ear warps are more fair than random ... right stab?

Comment

random is completely unfair because one team gets an advantage right out of the gate.

I'm with stab, nothing is more fair than the ear warp.
      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Agreed the ear warp is best.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

melee - kicked out
          diso - still here
          egyptian - dissolved
          light - dissolved

rampage - dissolved
          elusive - dissolved
          pallies - still here
          value - dissolved, has to requalify

2 ld squads carry over. let's change the name from twld to twdd-cup

i haven't even looked at the other 2 leagues, but i'm sure it's similar.
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

with what rand has pointed out, and with the volatility in players here on squads, maybe for future seasons the 50% rule should be reduced somewhat?

perhaps maybe 25 or 30% would be a better number?

i mean the core of a team may or may not stick around, but the bottom line is that your only allowing for 4 teams (playoff teams) to retain their spots....they have earned it, as a squad by making the playoffs

so maybe the next season they have to rebuild a bit from people moving on, but i just think that 50% of roster might be a bit high to allow some sort of continuance within the league?

remember we are barely having 1 season per year right now, maybe about every 9 months or so..... and there is a fairly "young" amount of people here, loyalty to a single squad is rare so expecting now you have to keep 18 people from season to season to make the 50 % rule with a 35 man roster
            not likely too many are going to keep their rule

even Spastic would not be able to make the 50% rule if they had to do it from a 35 man roster this season

just food for thought anyways, im sure your not worried about it for this season, but it should be considered/debated perhaps for next one
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

50% means at least half of your squad is the same. Why should a free ride be given where a minority are returning players?

I looked at basing, and 5/8 squads are still around. That's pretty good. As for calling it the twd-cup, why don't we allow all squads to return and call it the "twl season 6 cup".

Comment

yes verth they are because they are going from last years roster size and most of those squads had roster sizes less then 25 people

if they had to have half of the roster size available, which is/was 35, not how many they actually had on roster then most of those would not qualify either

especially as more squads push towards 35 man rosters...in order to have active people online for matches.....

i just think your going to find less squads being able to retain that many people, people just arent that loyal anymore

and its not a "Free" ride any way you look at it, its the squad that gets to stay, and that squad "earned" the right to have their squad back in the league the next season

if the squad had to rebuild, then so be it..... as long as they are competitive, and active then they earned the spot.....

we are only talking about a couple of teams, and chances are they will be competitive if they made the playoffs the year before

doesnt really matter, i mean basically you can have all teams have to re-qualify, but usually people in TW's like to have a couple teams not have to re-qualify, it does give for more incentive in the league to not give up if your close to making playoffs
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

If TWL happened more often, it wouldn't be a problem. We've had a bunch of resets already. Once everything gets worked out with TWL it might not be a problem as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Verthanthi
                    50% means at least half of your squad is the same. Why should a free ride be given where a minority are returning players?

I looked at basing, and 5/8 squads are still around. That's pretty good. As for calling it the twd-cup, why don't we allow all squads to return and call it the "twl season 6 cup".
                    first of all, if a squad stays in tact from 1 season to another, it's got alot to do with the captain. we don't let syndicate in to twl just cuz they have 90% of elusive's roster, there's no continuity.

a squad like melee has proven they can at least last a season, and their skill level would only go up by making twld/twlj. instead you want a squad that can just make it in top 16, last maybe a month, and screw over leagues that much more.

the league ops don't realize the amount that a roster tends to change on any squad that isn't a basing one, and i think twld and twlj will suffer because of it.

ps. i hear whiterabbits doesn't even want to play leagues
                    pps. whiterabbits isn't even playing in the league i mentioned
                    ppps. so why do you think you know all about it?

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I dont think it matters if his squad is gonna play in leagues or not, he hears just as much as the rest of the public does. I mean u can tell if a team has most of its members left, sure LD/LJ squads change bc of other squads dissolving, and picking up some guys and other leaving, but overall u still have the basic core of guys and i think the Ops realize that. As for what the rule is mainly for, its for a squad Like melee (example) who went to the playoffs in both LD and LJ, yet have about 5 members from that season, they shouldnt get tehre spot in them leagues, and they wont be competative in them leagues if they did have them. Thats what the rule is mainly for i believe.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

There are so few TWLD squads still around from last year it seems absurd they dont all get a free entry back in...

I know people want the new "leet" squads that spring up before TWL to fill the leagues, but I bet there a hell of a lot dropouts this season. Why reward the players that have been in 20 odd squads this year a spot in twl without showing some loyalty to one squad?

Same players different squad from week to week. Most important thing that TWL has is its tradition, simple format and the high skill it takes to win it.

By letting every newly formed squad in it will make the league like anyold shitty league around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosshawk
                          ?even Spastic would not be able to make the 50% rule if they had to do it from a 35 man roster this season
                          actually that is a lie...you should check our roster again
                          FIRST you pillage, THEN you burn.

Comment

does diso have 50%? i think bram's the only guy that's stayed around just cuz no squad would be dumb enough to take him?

Comment

Just barely.

Comment

Meh, Id still like to see something done about spawning . Maybe these new "fancy" bots will be smart enough so we can test some ideas with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X