This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonas

What happens if someone accuses Spastic of cheating? Who deals with it? Having 3 league ops from the same squad seems like a bad idea to me. It has nothing to do with the people chosen, it's just a bad idea. Plain and simple. Either get league ops from different squads, to ensure fairness in all cases, or all league ops should be required to stay squadless.
    Cpt, acid and P_l will surely do a great job about this but the fact that they are all in spastic surely give people bad thoughts. I have nothing against them, i personnaly think good things about them but it's just a squad question.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
      Meh, rules are fine in general. The biggest problem for TWLD has and always will be spawning. Epi you know there are possible solutions which could have been tested before season 6 and now before season 7. Test them in private matches or in TWD, just get it done before my kids have to deal with spawning in TW Only thing that's required is some time and effort to try these things and there is no way in hell anyone can convince me that those in charge dont have enough free time to put into this.

Thank you
      Eh like what? Think about whatever suggestions you have and let me know if they can be done without causing more problems.

i.e. giving people shields for first 5 secs will just cause people who just spawn to follow around others and shoot them back while they are invincible, or the second they are full (if you also give them 0 energy). It'll just create reverse spawning.

-Epi
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

As rule 6.05 states, Acid, Pure_Luck or I will not be able to affect the outcome of any appeals or TWL decisions that will directly affect Spastic. We will direct all such issues to Epinephrine and let him make whatever decisions he feels necessary. If a squad believes that Spastic has an interest in the outcome of an appeal, and if their concerns are valid, then they will be able to ask for Epi to mediate the appeal so as to avoid any possible conflicts of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
          Eh like what? Think about whatever suggestions you have and let me know if they can be done without causing more problems.

does anybody ever read my posts?

Comment

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
            does anybody ever read my posts?
            So you want me to start making a map now based on your little drawing? If you want a new map, make one yourself and see how much people like it because no one's going to make it for you.

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

ephi I need that EMAIL OF YOURS AGAIN WHERE IM SUPPOSE TO MAIL THE DISOBLIGE ROSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

ty
              Originally posted by Tyson
              There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
              Originally posted by HeavenSent
              Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
              Originally posted by Izor
              Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

trenchwarsleagues@yahoo.com

My anime blog:
                www.animeslice.com

Comment

So you want me to start making a map now based on your little drawing? If you want a new map, make one yourself and see how much people like it because no one's going to make it for you.

you said suggestions. not only did i lay one out for you but i gave it in detail. plus. i'm just an idealist, not a map maker. i've been doing this (just blurting out my ideas) for a while now and someone else has almost always done everything else. i'd say examples but i'm not sure if i was the first person to actually pull out such ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by MaGi kOz
                    you said suggestions. not only did i lay one out for you but i gave it in detail. plus. i'm just an idealist, not a map maker. i've been doing this (just blurting out my ideas) for a while now and someone else has almost always done everything else. i'd say examples but i'm not sure if i was the first person to actually pull out such ideas.
                    Well I'm not a mapmaker either. Neither is Cpt, P_L or Acid as far as I know.

-Epi

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

i.e. giving people shields for first 5 secs will just cause people who just spawn to follow around others and shoot them back while they are invincible, or the second they are full (if you also give them 0 energy). It'll just create reverse spawning.

-Epi
                      -smacks his head- I discussed almost half a dozen possible solutions to the spawning problem with you before season 6. You made it clear back then that you didnt want to tackle the problem at that time because you were busy just trying to get everything organized. There is no such thing as a perfect solution, but its important to test promising ideas. I agree that any sort of sheilds or temporary invulnerability is not only too complicated, it would probably cause more problems than it solved.

The most simple, and logical solution would be to alter the spawn area. Expand it, assign different areas for each team, or just mess around with it in some way. Just casually picturing the arena now, how about setting the spawn area to be a fairly wide square doughtnut shape that runs a fair bit inside the edge of the map? Ideally you want a spawn area that is varied and large enough that players cant camp it but also fairly close to the center so players can regroup quickly.

One more quick question. The bot knows or can be made to know exactly where every player is at any given time correct? If so, wouldnt it be possible for the bot to make sure that a newly spawning player appears at least half a screen away from the nearest enemy player? Now this wouldnt completely eliminate spawning next to enemies because a player could be thrusting in the directly of the newly spawned enemy just by coincidence, but doesnt this sound like a plausible solution?

Ill find you in TW sometime to talk about it Epi, hope school is going well. Enjoy
                      Last edited by Eric is God; 11-06-2003, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Guano!
                        As rule 6.05 states, Acid, Pure_Luck or I will not be able to affect the outcome of any appeals or TWL decisions that will directly affect Spastic. We will direct all such issues to Epinephrine and let him make whatever decisions he feels necessary. If a squad believes that Spastic has an interest in the outcome of an appeal, and if their concerns are valid, then they will be able to ask for Epi to mediate the appeal so as to avoid any possible conflicts of interest.
                        In which case, Epinephrine would be the only one with a saying in the matter. 1 person is easy to influence, a group is relatively much harder.

And in the case of Spastic vs Syndicate?
                        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Guano!

It's still a bad idea. I say make someone other than Acid a league op.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
                            -smacks his head- I discussed almost half a dozen possible solutions to the spawning problem with you before season 6. You made it clear back then that you didnt want to tackle the problem at that time because you were busy just trying to get everything organized. There is no such thing as a perfect solution, but its important to test promising ideas. I agree that any sort of sheilds or temporary invulnerability is not only too complicated, it would probably cause more problems than it solved.

The most simple, and logical solution would be to alter the spawn area. Expand it, assign different areas for each team, or just mess around with it in some way. Just casually picturing the arena now, how about setting the spawn area to be a fairly wide square doughtnut shape that runs a fair bit inside the edge of the map? Ideally you want a spawn area that is varied and large enough that players cant camp it but also fairly close to the center so players can regroup quickly.

One more quick question. The bot knows or can be made to know exactly where every player is at any given time correct? If so, wouldnt it be possible for the bot to make sure that a newly spawning player appears at least half a screen away from the nearest enemy player? Now this wouldnt completely eliminate spawning next to enemies because a player could be thrusting in the directly of the newly spawned enemy just by coincidence, but doesnt this sound like a plausible solution?

Ill find you in TW sometime to talk about it Epi, hope school is going well. Enjoy
                            Ah yes Eric... but currently the spawn area is already like that... You're more likely to appear in the middle than outsides. I guess we could make it SMALLER but wouldn't that make it easier to spawn?

As for the bots controlling spawning, I agree this could probably be done. The only problem I have with this is, this would be incredibly complex to do, in order to solve the system of equations necessary at any time. Assuming it's the easiest possible way that it could be done (bot knows via server which gives direct coordinates), it's still a ton of calculations to make sure that 5 people aren't close to where you spawn on, and to make sure you're still inside the boundaries of the map. That is just one of those complex problems which I guess could be solved eventually, but would have much less priority over getting the basics working. Since guano is doing the bots, you should talk to him about it as we can both see that once someone figures out the system of equations for this idea, it is quite feasible.

-Epi

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

once the MOMENT that someone dies they go STRAIGHT to a queue safe. In that queue safe they wait to be sortied into the spawn area every 10 seconds. get it?

Comment

hmm i thought about doing that... the spawn where the least number of enemies are thing, but there are some bot issues to work out. One of them is that the bot can only see the part of the area that it is speccing. I think to cover the entire twld map you would need around 6 bots. I think that if I made only one bot switch between speccing each player individually every time someone dies it would take a bit of time to figure everything out... Not to mention the fact that it would take quite a few calculations to figure out the best spawn point. In addition to this, I think that you would probably end up spawning near the walls alot of the time, which i guess wouldnt be that big of a problem since I could make you spawn a random minimum distance from the wall...

on top of all that it would take me some time to code all this stuff...

If i have time i may try to prize shields and negative guns for a certain amount of time then shipresetting... This seems like it would give the most effective returns for the amount of time that will be put in... Ill keep you all up to date about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X