X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twlb

which squads will be in the next TWLB ?

-RR

The squads that were in the finals plus the rest taken from the twbd ladder.

From the looks of it, it's going to be a pretty sorry league.
    sdg

Comment

First, I must say this 'Chunky' soup with tortelini and chicken has way too much celery in it... and I hate zucini.

Now for the important stuff. TWLB has a lot of space to allow smaller, new developing squads the opportunity to base some of the big guys in REAL matches, and possibly to prove themselves as well.

First the squads that made the playoffs:
      Disoblige, Rampage, Elusive, Anti-Scrub, Pallies, Light, Spastic, Mambo
      Squads that automaticaly make it to THIS season:
      Disoblige, Anti-Scrub, Pallies, Spastic, Mambo

That leaves 11 spots out of 16. Without going into much detail about why they're getting a spot, here are the squads that will make it, in order of "Most likely to get in, with the easiest time":

1) Whiterabbits: Now if this wasn't obvious enough, the rabbits were just shy of the playoffs last season, so they're going to have to work a little in TWBD for a spot this season, but it shouldn't be TOO much work of course

2) -Final-: Picked up a few extra basers, should be able to make it no sweat.

3) Incuria: This is of course they don't dissolve or lose all their members before the season starts.

4) Cripples: Not playing and beating anybody too hard, but if they play the games they do, they'll make it. Can't say they'll do well though.

5) ReJeCtEd BaSeRs: Probably the most active basing squad STILL and they're not even averaging their old 3 bds a day record. Should have no trouble.

6) Burning Rose: Have a couple active ?go base players, should be able to get up in the top 10 at least for TWD, who they decide to play this TWD will determine how much they want to do well this TWL however.

7) Spores: Jeansi and Phrentis have to push their team to get in that top margin, but that's just the thing, Spores IS Jeansi and Phrentis.

8) Grapevine: They got some older melee members that know their way around base. They got weaver and a couple of other great spiders, if they want it, they can get in TWLB this season.

9) Pirates: I haven't seen any GREAT matches from Pirates, a win here and there, but if they want it, like Grapevine, they can get a spot this season.

10) Sk8: Maybe?

11) Veloce, Bunnies, PUMA, Paladen, Elenya, Melee: This last spot is a toss up, and whoever is here will have the toughest time getting into TWLB.
      Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 01-08-2004, 05:52 PM.

Comment

What about Elenya?

TWBD ladder

They seem to be top notch in basing!
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

There, they're in there now

Comment

Yes, it still looks like a pretty sorry league.
            sdg

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
              9) Pirates: I haven't seen any GREAT matches from Pirates, a win here and there, but if they want it, like Grapevine, they can get a spot this season.
              Actually, in your position i would have said the same thing. We haven't done any basing. However, we recently recruited 3 guys who came into TW a month ago and started a little-known squad called Quake, just to learn the basics and practice TWD and stuff. They use the names Violent, Mole, and Talent. We picked them up mainly as warbirds/duelers cus that's what league we're currently working on improving. However, i've seen some of them base and they really suprised me. In addition, we also have Nickname, Austin, Arobas+, zXer, Hercules and Crazy Canockout who would also represent us most likely in TWLB. I'm not saying we'll win TWLB or even make the playoffs, but we should be able to compete in the basing league as well if we get in a little more practice and build some team work. There are also 2-3 more players i'd like to recruit between now and TWL, who are very strong basers imho. As i said, we may be able to give a few good games in base and make it perhaps a bit more interesting at the very least.

Good luck to everyone in TWLB this year.

PS: Why didn't Melee make your list, Paul? Just wondering, but they seem better than Sk8 or Us or some of the other squads you listed, and what's more, they're primarily a basing squad now and have given up WBs/Javs more or less

Comment

Every league is a sorry league these days, Stabwound. The talent all collects on three or four squads, and it's those same three of four squads year after year in the spotlight. I wish there was a draft, just to mix things up a little.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

pallies will win everything including best picture and best supporting actress (gencore)
                  Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                  Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

fucking coubt on it

(alritehgt guys i planted the seeds now you have to win or youLL MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A IDOIT!!!!!!1)

dont let them down pals

justin time
                    Animol> the solution for crimelization is openetion of heartization
                    Moltenrock> STOP TALKING TO MY TEAMMMATE ASSHOLE

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome
                      PS: Why didn't Melee make your list, Paul? Just wondering, but they seem better than Sk8 or Us or some of the other squads you listed, and what's more, they're primarily a basing squad now and have given up WBs/Javs more or less
                      They're in 37th place on the twbd ladder.
                      sdg

Comment

Actually, you know I TOTALY forgot about Melee, but I think here's why:

Melee IS better than most of those 11 squads competing for a TWLB spot, but I think they need to start to base some less skilled squads and get some points. They can make it, they just have to pick their matches a little smarter, which I don't see them doing.
                        Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 01-08-2004, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                          What about Elenya?

TWBD ladder

They seem to be top notch in basing!

Look at all the squads they have beat. I don't think top notch is a term I would use to describe them.

Comment

Is your sarcasm detector broken Gerry? Oh and just to be fair, Melee is in the 11th spot now, since not putting them on there at all, would mean i have NO faith in them, which isn't true.

Yah Stabwound, I agree with you about the sad part. I think there is just as much competition this season as there was last though, if not just a little more. I DO however think there will be MUCH more competition between the higher tier squads (the top 8) then any season before this.
                            Last edited by PaulOakenfold; 01-08-2004, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                              Is your sarcasm detector broken Gerry?
                              bah. mine was broken.
                              FairLightS> teenage mutant hero turtles just finished downloading
                              Final Hit> ...
                              Final Hit> you mean teenage mutant ninja turtles
                              FairLightS> yea thats the one
                              FairLightS> but they still my heros

Pearl Jam> oh whateva **snaps fingers**

Comment

Working...
                              X