No announcement yet.

2009 * Rating Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a word on how i rated people: the ratings are not independent of each other. i assume that if someone is good at wb, he'll at least not be a complete newb (4) in jav and in base. take ricko for example, he's a solid 7 in wb, and even though i've never seen him jav and base, i can believe he's at least a 5 in both, just because i know he's been around for a few years and should at least know how to control a ship and aim/dodge. 4s should really be reserved for complete newbs, unless you want to bring 2s and 3s in to the equation.
    Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

updated for the first 254 applicants, accepting criticisms of anyone but your own ratings now
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Royst is easily a 10 in basing. Milpitas is who, exactly? Unless he's aliased, I don't think I've ever seen the guy play a TWL game, much less as an "impact" TWL starter?
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
          updated for the first 254 applicants, accepting criticisms of anyone but your own ratings and ex-squad/squad members
          fixed.
          zidane> big play
          Omega Red> dwop sick
          mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
          WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
          1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

h0m0's rating changed due to overwhelming complaints in a short period of time

edit: also milpitas has been demoted to a 6 in basing due to an array of complaints about that rating as well
            Last edited by Summa; 05-27-2009, 12:02 AM.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

O Putoa should probably be a 9 or 10 in wb. Also I don't know who Jethro Tull or Ro are so I'm not sure they should be that high (but I could be wrong because again, I don't know who they are).
              Dice
              TWLB Champions Season 8
              TWLJ Champions Season 8
              TWLB Champions Season 10
              TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

a2m rated too high in wb and jav (sorry a2m but you know i still love you)

geisha rated WAY too high in jav, i think the kid has played 10 jds in his entire career and still averages 7 - 9:

http://www.twdivisions.org/profile/114283/stats

6 means ABOVE AVERAGE TWD player. sounds like geisha is below average to me!

same goes for HT

Comment

better give me as crappy ratings as spikey got ;p

Comment

raples is 5 7 7?

are you fucking kidding

he shoudl be like 5 8 8

Comment

• I assume aliased players will be revealed to captains since clearly ratings are not an accurate measure of actual skill. I mean c'mon, Ignite should be 10/10/10. (Wooo, big pay day coming up)

Comment

• Originally posted by Internet Predator View Post
                        I assume aliased players will be revealed to captains since clearly ratings are not an accurate measure of actual skill. I mean c'mon, Ignite should be 10/10/10. (Wooo, big pay day coming up)
                        some aliased players messaged me requesting to not be revealed, part of the captains job in order to pick a good team is to find out who those ppl who want to remain anonymous are.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

• i should be a 10 in jav, check my stats hoe

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
                            some aliased players messaged me requesting to not be revealed, part of the captains job in order to pick a good team is to find out who those ppl who want to remain anonymous are.
                            :sika:yo sign up for draft league under some newbie name so i can pick you
                            :fireballz:yo sign up for draft league under some newbie name so i can pick you
                            :demonfaze:yo sign up for draft league under some newbie name so i can pick you

i disagree with this ruling for this specific reason. to sign up for draft league means revealing your alias to everybody. won't play if you don't get drafted by your captain buddy? fuck you then, don't sign up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Summa View Post
                              Aliases should be revealed to the captains at least. Now a person could just use an alias, not tell anyone who he is but the captain whose team he wants to be on, and give that captain an unfair advantage over everyone else.

Vash and Skepsis should be at least 9s in warbird. Wax should be an 8 (maybe even a 9) in jav.

Comment

• as much as i love ease, i don't think he's a 10 in wb, not even a 9. 8 would be fair imo

maketso 10 jav

geisha 9 wb (would've been 10 two years ago)

agree with burnt

dead_rain 10 base (by far the best terr in tw and hes only a 9?)

peru 9 wb

vys 8 jav (if scoop is 8 then vys should be too)

paska 8/8/8

requiem at least a 6 in wb, if not 7 (he's really not that bad)

turban 9 jav

royst 10 base (top 3 spider)

i should point out for the newer captains' sake that if you don't get with the program and start picking players that are good NOW and not players that were amazing 5 years ago (read: psymorph was like 4th round pick last season?), you will get straight dominated by me and ignite. doesn't even matter if we're the two worst players out of all the captains (effectively rendering us down one twl starter-level player), our teams will still be better just cuz we pick the right players.

was considering not posting but for the sake of competition in the league i'm giving you guys all my info here. why are nuggets so much better with billups even though iverson puts up better numbers? why is marbury a complete shit player even though he averages 20/8 for his career? why was reaver on bench for quake in twl while vash and guero started?

don't underestimate rust, lack of motivation, and above all else, the w/l stat is much more important than the k/d.
                                Last edited by tragiK; 05-27-2009, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X