Some Player Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Player Suggestions

I want to take some suggestions from the players on some issues that I am considering and open TWDT up to constructive criticism, not just criticism and berating. I will simply delete your post if it is flaming.

3 major questions I would like to ask:

1. Should I expand TWDT to 10 teams? We have over 300 players now, so it is feasible.

2. Should I (humid) be allowed to play, or would you prefer I remain unbiased and host moreso than play?

3. How am I doing/how do you like the rules and how the league is running?

Any other suggestions are welcome.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Originally posted by Summa View Post
    I want to take some suggestions from the players on some issues that I am considering and open TWDT up to constructive criticism, not just criticism and berating. I will simply delete your post if it is flaming.

1. Should I expand TWDT to 10 teams? We have over 300 players now, so it is feasible.

2. Should I (humid) be allowed to play, or would you prefer I remain unbiased and host moreso than play?

1. This is purely up to you... I'm sure it is possible, yet that is assuming all 300 players will show up and participate once everything starts. This is somewhat of a stretch.

2. Yes, I see no problems with it. You should be able to do both.

3. You are doing good, considering the alternative. I haven't seen wark and izor do anything with this like they were supposed to.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

definitely should expand to 10 teams so longer season and thus postponing twl longer
      TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

1. More players being able to play, plus more competition. I think it should be raised to 10 teams.

2. I don't see why it would make a difference, you are running it that should be up to you whether you play or not. I think you should anyway.

3. I don't see any problems yet. Keep up the good work, should be a fun twdt.
        9:staffeR> naw I won't make my girl swallow it
        9:RUCCI> if its in your mouth why not swallow....
        9:GoldDustWoman> ive never noticed the difference
        9:staffeR> I learned after I got punch'd not to do that to a girl
        9:RUCCI> i hit my guy in the mouth and she ran for tissues
        9:RUCCI> GIRL
        9:milpitas> lies
        9:milpitas> guy
        9:GoldDustWoman> lol
        9:milpitas> u homo rucci
        9:RUCCI> NO
        9:milpitas> the truth comes out
        9:GoldDustWoman> lololol

Comment

i'm all for more teams (cuz maybe that means we'll redo draft order!), but maybe reduce the minimum size of 30? to 25? no matter how rosters play out, the people rated 15* and below will likely never see playing time.
          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Everything is looking great summa. I'm real excited to see how this works out this year. I really think this should be the standard for TWL and turn TWL into a salary cap league just like sports. That would be fun.

10 teams seems like a good number especially if you have 300 people signed up already.

I'd say play if you really want to. I'm sure this is lots of work for you but if you can handle it i dont see why you couldnt play.
            3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

The only comment I have here is that you've taken the time and initiative to organize this for us, and it would be completely ridiculous to reward you for that work by opposing your ability to play in the league. Our TWL ops play in TWL, this shouldn't be any different. Thanks for your time humid
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

1- yes, 10 teams seems like it will be needed.

2. I would like to see you not (for appeals sake later on), however if there was a way u can setup like a twdt council that would handle appeals it wouldnt necessarily fall back on you.

3- so far so good, i havent read into the rules much but im sure it should be better then last year at least
                Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                  i'm all for more teams (cuz maybe that means we'll redo draft order!), but maybe reduce the minimum size of 30? to 25? no matter how rosters play out, the people rated 15* and below will likely never see playing time.

in that case, i approve of 10 teams
                  (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                  (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                  (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                  (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

1. More teams would be interesting. But for the play offs at the end of the league, only ever the top so many get through. Even if there was a thousand teams. To make sure that there is always a competitive end. Initially I say no to this, this season. Because I run a squad of 30 at the moment and Im struggling for activity as it is. I fear a lot of no shows! Id much prefer 50 people moaning at me to play than scraping through every week.

2. You should definitely be allowed to play. But you shouldnt be able to make calls on any events that your squad is involved with. Even if you didnt show up for the event that is in question. In this case, all the other captains not involved in the situation should decide on the ruling of the event.

3. Your doing an awesome job. The ultimate test will be when the league is finished. Dislike the opinion based star system, but Im clearly bias on that note!
                    Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                    TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

1. I say keep it at 8 teams because you know many people wont show. Rather have 8 really powerful teams that are showing lines every week than 10 ok teams with forfeits <_< .

2.Hell ya, u should be allowed to play.

3. I see a bright future in this league. Leagues being hosted pretty nicely so far

Additions: For game times could we make it so games can be held at a time which is agreed by both captains during any day of the week. Instead of just on saturday/sunday. Many more people would show for their games, just not as big of a crowd.

p.s. Ardour you can shark ?
                      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

1. Move to 10 teams ONLY if the increase of teams doesnt affect the start of TWL.

2. Yes, As we already have 2 ops, and I am looking for a 3rd, that way we will be covered in way of biases.

3. I am quite pleased with your progress here, thank you for accepting this position. I really appreciate the work you've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                          p.s. Ardour you can shark ?
                          My sharking is bad because of lack of experience. My spidering however is TWL worthy. Last few TWL seasons Ive always been on a squad thats got an already established TWLB line so Ive seen no action

If your asking that because of my 5* in base, then thats not the reason I said I was bias about the rating system. (I programmed something that assigned star values to players automatically based on past TWDT stats. Signup and check it out: http://www.trenchwars.org/twdt/new Click on Waivers to see others that have signed up)

The plan was to use TWLMs value algorithm to the values of players each week so star values were not static during the TWDT season and that they reflected players scores.
                          Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                          TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post
                            My sharking is bad because of lack of experience. My spidering however is TWL worthy. Last few TWL seasons Ive always been on a squad thats got an already established TWLB line so Ive seen no action

If your asking that because of my 5* in base, then thats not the reason I said I was bias about the rating system. (I programmed something that assigned star values to players automatically based on past TWDT stats. Signup and check it out: http://www.trenchwars.org/twdt/new Click on Waivers to see others that have signed up)

The plan was to use TWLMs value algorithm to the values of players each week so star values were not static during the TWDT season and that they reflected players scores.
                            this is a much better idea... the players that are highly overrated right now in *s will drop back down to earth, and the players that are highly underrated will rise to where they belong... I support this... and I see no reason not to have it implimented
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                              this is a much better idea... the players that are highly overrated right now in *s will drop back down to earth, and the players that are highly underrated will rise to where they belong... I support this... and I see no reason not to have it implimented
                              i like that too
                              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Working...
                              X