No announcement yet.

Reactions to the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was from when I was doing the AIM logs.... and no I didn't.. but I still know the secret of the M_M!
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Without Ease's Roster (after draft picks:

PHP Code:
      Megaman89GeishaRaplesCaosPeruYakuzaSauroGolden_AimCraniumPure_Luckjr5hypocritcyruswbmmilpitasKidzeebuLifterStruckFreddieValkerMenomenaMight 
      You have three terriers (yes, three) to pick from. Those would be Sauro, Golden_Aim and Pure_Luck. It's more than likely that at least one of them will show up every weekend for the matches. You have a few great spiders as well (such as Megaman89 and Raples, believe me or not he can spider!). But who would your sharks be? Might, perhaps? Or Menomena? Well.. it's not my problem.. Good luck with that!
      cranium, jr5, freddie, valker and wbm, all of them can shark! oh and caos is $$ in spider!
      Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus View Post
        cranium, jr5, freddie, valker and wbm, all of them can shark! oh and caos is $$ in spider!
        It's not a question of whether they can shark, it's whether they are any good at it.

Comment

when i was preparing for last season's draft, i made it a priority to get players that could play multiple leagues - my last couple picks were people like wage (wb, jav, spid), or crunchy nut (wb, jav). what i realized as the season progressed, however, is that it's not those people that make the difference, it's those 1 league beasts that end up carrying the team. i was lucky enough that most of them decided to show up most weeks, and quick enough to score some more in free agency.

there's very few people in the game that can carry in multiple leagues, and they all went in the first round - ease (wb, jav), megaman89 (jav, base), stayon (jav, base), for example. for all his prodigious talents, i wouldn't even consider vys in this category - he will carry wb every time, but is at most the 2nd best jav on your team.

next tier players are guys like paska, zizu, hercules - ones who can play multiple leagues, but won't be the best player in any of them.

last season, top5squad was carried specifically by one-league beasts, with the exception of two-league monster ease, who i barely played in base. guys like jones in wb, steak/exq/shan in jav, jamal/dead_rain/dwop/jeeny/da1 in base. all of these 1-league players are better at that specific league than those multi-leaguers mentioned before (exception to zizu in terr).

furthermore, you have to consider the fact that most of the people on any draft team don't play with each other much, so any kind of teaming effect is nullified. this is why creature was smart (and extremely lucky to have the 1st pick) to pick mainly thunder players; otherwise, the typical route for victory is just to overwhelm the opponent with individual talent. you don't do that by putting in three or four guys who are pretty good in multiple leagues - you win by putting in three or four guys who are aces in that one league.

a few comments on turban's post:
          woot: "Your TWDT-J lineup is at least a bit better than your TWDT-B lineup. You have Eelam, Ease, Flared, H0m0, Confluence, Da1andonly, Cuji and Nowyoudie"
          - you forgot aenema, who is perhaps the most underrated jav in tw at this time.
          - flared, confluence, da1, nowyoudie are at best 4th or 5th jav in a lineup. eelam, ease, and h0m0 are the only three that are starters

without ease: "Now to your TWDT-D lineup.. you do have some great players (and a few laggots) that should do generally well in warbird (Peru / Caos / Megaman89 / Geisha). It's not the best TWDT-D lineup but it's still Top 3 in my books this season."
          - is peru even going to show up?
          - this lineup is going to be a disaster. peru is mid, caos and megaman are stray, geisha is mid-close. geisha will be first out every round and he tries to draw all the fire by himself, leaving his listless teammates straying for their outnumbered lives. that said, there's enough talent here to win against most teams, so whatever.

internet predators: "In javelin you have Spikey, Rednaz, FieryFire and Shadowmere. Nothing too stellar here, but should do "
          - assuming they show up. not that it matters, they are gonna get destroyed.

revenge: "Now, your TWDT-J lineup is very nice. You have Grimlic / Menalaus / Maketso / Exp and Ara. One of my favourite lineups to win TWDT-J, that's for sure."
          - maketso is a top 3 jav in tw; herc will do what he does, singer is umm ok; but exploid? are you kidding me?
          "You also seem to have a nice TWDT-D lineup, maybe not the best one there is but still a great one. You have yourself, vys, Riverside and vt."
          - yes, vys, and riverside is up and coming, but he cannot hold his own against the top wbs. his style relies heavily on teammates luring and drawing fire. not even gonna comment on vt, he's not even going to play.
          - you forgot misled, who is probably the best 6* wb on the board. closer range than riverside, keeps opponent pushed back, good aim and conservative dodger, and most of all, keeps his team together.

puma: "Now to warbirds, in TWDT-D we have Izor / Pascone / Skepsis / Death Row / Raspi. This is probably one of the top lineups this season, I just have to hope that Izor doesn't suicide out as usual.."
          - assuming drow and izor even show up...

ruby: "Draft: You have drafted (hah) a decent team, consisting of both laggots (Stayon / Dald) and good players."
          - i dunno about that...

top5squad: "Jaa (Top5squad): Overall it's a great TWDT roster that has potential in every league."
          - funny how you say that, because i don't expect to be a contender in basing.
          - i should also point out that you left out poongoon (my 3rd pick) in every description - he will likely be starting every jav and basing game
          "In javelin you have Evasive, Scoop, Fludd, Locket, Children, Hunt and Paradise. It's a nice lineup and you do have some good javelins to pick from."
          - evasive has top 3 jav stats in tw, fludd was the top 1-2 javs in twl last season, locket is the best 6* jav in tw, hunt is a beast, children/paradise a good combo. not even adding scoop. and you forgot poongoon.
          "Warbirds? You have Scoop, Apok, Jones, Jethro Tull and yourself. It's a nice lineup that can and will do somet damage. "
          - i'm in the starting line? no comment.
          - EDIT: add geio to starting line. also have lockdown. you're all fucked.

kobra kai: "In javelin you have Paska, Jrahen, Wax, Kim, Pjotter, 24, Tera and EvilDeed. It's a decent lineup, but I can't see it winning TWDT-J either. There are no stellar javelins in that lineup, none of them is going to carry nor choke bad."
          - good description. this lineup is going to get annihilated.

downfall: like i said above and ignite did before, it's not people that are "able" to play a ship that win games, it's people that dominate a ship that win games.

in short, creature's team is tough, burnt's team is tough (he basically combined players from his and my teams last year), but i'm winning wb and jav, and will get raped in basing. that is all.
          Last edited by tragiK; 06-15-2009, 02:52 PM.
          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post

without ease: "Now to your TWDT-D lineup.. you do have some great players (and a few laggots) that should do generally well in warbird (Peru / Caos / Megaman89 / Geisha). It's not the best TWDT-D lineup but it's still Top 3 in my books this season."
            - this lineup is going to be a disaster. peru is mid, creature is mid-long...
            Points are mostly valid but Creature is not on this team. Yakuza possibly plays instead of him. Also Megaman will probably be playing base and jav not WB until playoffs.
            When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
              Points are mostly valid but Creature is not on this team. Yakuza possibly plays instead of him. Also Megaman will probably be playing base and jav not WB until playoffs.
              oops, added him to wrong lineup

edited
              Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Did you just say 'you're getting raped' after saying the names Geio and Lockdown, ha.

Comment

Currently Viewing this Thread
                  Geio

Ok so how does a team move to next round. Overall points from all 3 leagues? Or are there 3 ladders.
                  1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                  JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                  1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                  http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Downfall View Post
                    Currently Viewing this Thread
                    Geio

Ok so how does a team move to next round. Overall points from all 3 leagues? Or are there 3 ladders.
                    the top 6 overall teams make the playoffs, the playoffs are 3 separate brackets tho
                    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
                    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
                    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
                    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
                    Originally posted by kthx
                    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Ignite (PUMA): Overall it's a great roster.. as long as you skip the few last picks (Fooly Cooly, S.I.K., Shigs? WHO?). It has potential in TWDT-D and TWDT-B, but I do see a minor problem in TWDT-J.

quitting ss then killing myself.

Comment

I love you shigs.

Comment

Dont know why turban is trashing me when he has like 0 skill in wbs.

Ruby team might not have any 10* wbs but we are not lacking solid starting wbs.
                          2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Pretty sure a lot of people forgot about the 6* player required in the line up.

Comment

Dr do we have a twdt chat
                              1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                              JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                              1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                              http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

lol trag i didnt even show up a single week anyway completely forgot about it just like i forgot about draft last night
                                2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

1:Cap> Crunchy Nut> man ur sister is easier than that cone I got the other day

Comment

Working...
                                X