This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
    may i ask why was i rated as a 8 in javelin? just curious, as it isn't my main ship (i fucking hate it tbh) and have never done good (never been an impact) in twlj. i would seriously consider myself as a 7 (or lower) in that ship.

but hey, i'm happy with that too. guess i'm better than i realize! floatin' and not teamin' => win.
    there is modesty and there is what you have been doing
    people care almost less about how bad you think you are than how good exalt thinks he is
    take the rating and stfu already
    TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

• Chuckle, if this were facebook, I'd have hit the 'Like' button.
      -not in game

Comment

• stop fucking whining, jesus fucking christ

i don't give a shit about whether your are a 5 6 7 8 or whatever in some arbitrary 2d spaceship rating, you are a fucking 4/4/4 in maturity/intelligence/penis length (cm)

is your ego so fragile that you can't handle being assigned an arbitrary rating one lower than where you think you should be? then fucking prove us wrong. go out there and dominate. go carry some games and prove that you are better than "5" or "6" or "itdoesntfuckingmatter".

guess what? your captains are humans and if they aren't some uninformed fucktard they will put the right players in. guess how top5squad won wb last year? it wasn't because i put in "8" scoop and "7" lockdown because they were high rated, it was because i benched them in favor of "5" no <3 and "6" jaa. shit, i even benched "DEATH ROW" cuz you know why? at that moment, he wasn't as good as the other players on the team.

like wow, holy shit, these numbers don't mean jack shit. the only number that should matter is "times shown up to play on sunday", because no matter how incredible someone's star rating is, it doesn't mean shit if they don't show up.

oh, right, but as long as people respect me on 2d spaceships, regardless of actual records and statistics, then my e-rep is secure. fuck you.
        Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

• If anything, to stop all the crying in the future, there should be some random events held infront of the people who are giving out the ratings so that way there's no discussion on what a player should be rated. Atleast there won't be any, "Well, I haven't really seen him play but his numbers are pretty good, let's give him a 7." I know it'll make the process longer, but think of it as a combine. Have whoever it is that is in this group of people that are giving out ratings, to spec that one player. Can be 4-5 weeks long and teams can be picked manually from the list of signups. Have that person play in 4 matches a day if needed, 1 in a warbird event, 1 in a jav event, and maybe multiple base events. It should be based on what the players are doing this year more than what they have done in the past, but obviously last years TWL and TWDTD should come into play. This would help us on newer players to TWDTD/TW and possibly even give a more accurate assumption on what the ratings should be. It would be nice to get everyone together anyways, all the vets and newer players. Just a thought...got any pennies?

Comment

• stop trying to ruin this thread, idiots.

lets discuss more!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
              If anything, to stop all the crying in the future, there should be some random events held infront of the people who are giving out the ratings so that way there's no discussion on what a player should be rated. Atleast there won't be any, "Well, I haven't really seen him play but his numbers are pretty good, let's give him a 7." I know it'll make the process longer, but think of it as a combine. Have whoever it is that is in this group of people that are giving out ratings, to spec that one player. Can be 4-5 weeks long and teams can be picked manually from the list of signups. Have that person play in 4 matches a day if needed, 1 in a warbird event, 1 in a jav event, and maybe multiple base events. It should be based on what the players are doing this year more than what they have done in the past, but obviously last years TWL and TWDTD should come into play. This would help us on newer players to TWDTD/TW and possibly even give a more accurate assumption on what the ratings should be. It would be nice to get everyone together anyways, all the vets and newer players. Just a thought...got any pennies?
              I mean thats a great suggestion and would work...but I doubt it will ever happen due to this not being that big a deal. TWDT isn't considered to be a major, important league and seriously the ratings hardly matter at all, as top5captain said.
              When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                If anything, to stop all the crying in the future, there should be some random events held infront of the people who are giving out the ratings so that way there's no discussion on what a player should be rated. Atleast there won't be any, "Well, I haven't really seen him play but his numbers are pretty good, let's give him a 7." I know it'll make the process longer, but think of it as a combine. Have whoever it is that is in this group of people that are giving out ratings, to spec that one player. Can be 4-5 weeks long and teams can be picked manually from the list of signups. Have that person play in 4 matches a day if needed, 1 in a warbird event, 1 in a jav event, and maybe multiple base events. It should be based on what the players are doing this year more than what they have done in the past, but obviously last years TWL and TWDTD should come into play. This would help us on newer players to TWDTD/TW and possibly even give a more accurate assumption on what the ratings should be. It would be nice to get everyone together anyways, all the vets and newer players. Just a thought...got any pennies?
                Might work in wbs and javs, but that would be too easy to work around in basing. If I cared about my rating and had a game like this, I would just play camp and pull some stupid rec like 120-25

Comment

I DESERVE A 4 IN WARBIRD. ARR! YOU GUYS NUTS??!? I THINK YOU ARE!

STYLEZ IS A 7 IN WARBIRD. ARR! HIS LAST SEASON WAS GARBAGE AND HE DID WORSE THAN ME! ARR!

EXALT IS A 7 AND NOT AN 8 OR A 6! ARR. HE HASN'T PULLED ANY STELLAR PERFORMANCES (HARDLY AN IMPACT IN ANY GAME; BESIDES ONE WHERE HE DID "OK" -- BUT EVEN I HAVE DONE "OK" IN TWLD SO FUCK YOU).

ZIZU DESERVES AN 8 BECAUSE HE'S FINNISH AND DID GREAT LAST SEASON, UNLIKE YOU TWO.

afk.

I <3 u turban, let's be bestest subspace pals! :wub::wub:
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• i luv u 2 mati, we gna b bestist subspaci frinds evir.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckle View Post
                      there is modesty and there is what you have been doing
                      people care almost less about how bad you think you are than how good exalt thinks he is
                      take the rating and stfu already
                      No offense chuckle, but I just know you aren't better than me to be rated higher * in TWDT. That isn't a knock to you, but it is an honest statement. You are probably equal in skill, but not better. When I see people like you above me, I question the ratings. That is all it is, but I really don't care what my rating is beyond that. Winning leagues is a big step in that process, but I have a feeling people are basing things on the squad players were in instead of actual individual skill. Squads mean shit when you can't play with the same people in TWDT. Adaptation is probably needed as a factor, and I'm not sure people ever use that in their reasoning. I mean, you take all the pure rushing quicksand players for example, and place them on a pure straying squad... they all suck balls. It is what it is.
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

i luv u 2 mati, we gna b bestist subspaci frinds evir.
                        yesss, you are my favorite ship #2 player ever to grace the space of sub
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Are the ratings based on twl and twdt stats from last season? If that's the case, I should be 10* in warbird. I have #2 best overall stats from both leagues after ease.
                          Doesn't 10* mean top 3 in that division? Stats don't lie :/
                          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                            yesss, you are my favorite ship #2 player ever to grace the space of sub
                            wut im no ship javilin u nup wut u bin drinkin? im spidir for fuks saki.

as for the statistics thing.. i wouldn't base the ratings 100% on that -- else the ratings would look completely different.

EDIT: worded it wrong!
                            Last edited by Turban; 06-04-2010, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vys View Post
                              Are the ratings based on twl and twdt stats from last season? If that's the case, I should be 10* in warbird. I have #2 best overall stats from both leagues after ease.
                              Doesn't 10* mean top 3 in that division? Stats don't lie :/
                              Pay to fix your computer already and we'll talk.
                              When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Mage View Post
                                Pay to fix your computer already and we'll talk.
                                But wasn't you saying how it's off season and zizu's negative record in twd shouldn't effect his rating because he has good stats? Well I have #2 best stats in warbird, so surely I should be a 10. I don't get it :/
                                Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Working...
                                X