Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thought i signed up for this, dont see my name on the list though.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
      If you are honest, even brutal, I'll take it... just don't be like newbie chuckle who says "AHAHA I AM HIGHER THAN YOU EXALT YOU NEWBIE YOU SUCK BLAH BLAH" crap. This is an honest question, so give your honest opinion. Thanks!
      as opposed to your "i dont give a shit about my ratings" then when ratings come out "here is a 10 point list of why i should be rated higher wahhhhhhhhh" crap? B)
      TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

I do have one question to everyone that submitted ratings. I have been told by quite a few players that I deserve to be an 8, if not a 9. I kind of wondered this myself, although I'm not really complaining about being lower......I'm just wondering, because the ratings just seem weird to me, and I am not the only one that thought this. Vys, cres, and actually quite a bit more players told me the same thing that I was equal if not better than most of the players that are 8*. I guess I'm wondering personal opinions on those that rated me 7 compared to those that are 8*s.

As far as my dynasty season 2 seasons ago, which was my last full season (due to just not being able to be around during last twl, and also my quitting/axing of qs for fighting with racka), I was pretty high on the stat chart, and I pretty much did carry that team. You could ask anyone really.....I kind of did a lot of "impact" during that season, and I was STILL rated a 7*....

I guess I'm just asking for people to give their honest opinions of why I am a 7 compared to the 8 star players above me. I realize some people may think I suck, or some have a grudge, or whatever it may be, but when I am actually on my game and playing in a game that means something, I have shown every time to step up and do well. 18-9 vs stray the dynasty season was my best record that year, but it also was 2nd best game of the season I believe?? as far as kills go. I believe vys or ease or someone hit 19 one game. Either way, combine all of that with my one game last season in which I could not play due to real life issues (and later, leaving/axed from qs), I am just wondering why I am not considered "impact" when other people are. When I am told by multiple people in the game that I do deserve an 8, and even a few a 9 (which I wouldn't rate myself, considering I haven't won a title and may never when I refuse to join WIN OR DIE type squads), I just wonder what it is that got me the 7. Is it a grudge from years of shit talking? Is it simply not being good? Is it a lack of seeing me play, or caring how I've played in past TWLs? I'm just wondering... and please keep it constructive criticism either way. If you are honest, even brutal, I'll take it... just don't be like newbie chuckle who says "AHAHA I AM HIGHER THAN YOU EXALT YOU NEWBIE YOU SUCK BLAH BLAH" crap. This is an honest question, so give your honest opinion. Thanks!
        I don't know why I am responding to this, but I think it is because you took the time to write that huge op ed piece. First off, let me say this: the game/league is not about you and nobody is conspiring against you. Ok, now if you want my thought process for giving you a 7, it goes like this: In that TWL year with Dynasty, if you ignore that 18-9 game, you were actually negative overall in the other 7. But still, I didn't watch much of the TWL that year and you can't just ignore people's best games, so I'm sure your teaming and other things were great. I didn't rate players last year, but I may have given you an 8. In TWDT last year, you played in only 3 games out of a possible 10 and went 25-29. You had one good game in a win over WOOT and then 2 below average games. In TWL you were AWOL, but you weren't a starter to begin with even if you were there. Racka, Izor, Geio, kthx, and then Weak or Kyou and possibly a2m were going to start ahead of you. It's hard to rank you as an 8 when you don't start on your squad in TWL. If the reasoning is that "I wasn't active and I would have started otherwise", unfortunately as far as I know you are still not active (unless you have been aliasing and I don't know your current one), and a mostly inactive Exalt is worth 7. I bolded the part of the quote above to stress the fact that you are not currently on your game. Your stats for TWDT and TWL from this last year: 29-33 (0.88). These ratings are mostly current values based on performance with a healthy dose of subjectivity...this isn't the NBA draft (mostly because we draft for a few months of play, not years). Vys has the numbers to be a 10, but people voted him a 9 because he's not the same player currently due to computer issues. Note that I was only one rater, but other people probably had similar thoughts.

Lastly, a rating change from 7 to 8 (or similar) only matters to the captain. It has no impact whatsoever on the player. And it pretty much doesn't matter at all to the captain either. 1* difference out of 525 is %0.2 of the total * pool. The bickering from people about 1* here or there (if its not between a 6 and a 7) is very pointless. The fact of the matter is that even if people think there are 30 ratings that are majorly off (which is a stretch)...thats 30 out of 900. Which means we got the other 96% fairly accurately. I think the ratings turned out pretty well to be honest...a few problems here and there. And if you point them out (especially if they concern 6-7*), thats good and Humid can fix them, makes the game more fair. But don't slander a fair process of volunteers doing the best they can to help others enjoy a game. /rant
        Last edited by Black Mage; 06-01-2010, 01:25 AM. Reason: Testing.
        When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

but either way it shows I was "impact" in the one game I did play.
          You are completely overrating a 4-4 performance, 4-4 is not impact, it's average.

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
          Is it simply not being good?
          Yep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt View Post
            You are completely overrating a 4-4 performance, 4-4 is not impact, it's average.
            considering we won, and a -10 or -15 turned into a tie game based on my performance to stay alive and team and set up others for kills, it was by far more "impact" than you apparently know or are capable of understanding... exactly why we won and you lost that game

Originally posted by Burnt View Post
            Yep.
            Fair enough. I'd like to hear other opinions. I think I did say something about grudges. I know you have one, but then you shouldn't be responding when I asked for unbiased honest opinions! Also, if I am bad, you could explain why If I am bad, then all those people at 8* are just as bad, considering many others apparently disagree with you!
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Also, if I am bad, you could explain why
              How can anybody explain WHY you're bad. You are bad because you are not good at shooting spaceships.

I think 7 is a steal for you. If you're talking about the Dynasty days, don't make me remind you about the beating Sweet gave you.

Take it, and run. Don't ask questions!

Comment

• I count 40+ warbirds last season drafted above you Exalt, so it's not just biased raters, it's the captains picking the teams too. Maybe they all have grudges as well?

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...aft-Central-09

Comment

• Who cares, a lower rating makes you a better draft pick anyway. Only rating shift that matters is between 6 and 7. Read blackmage's post and understand that its really not a big deal, and no one cares.
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

I count 40+ warbirds last season drafted above you Exalt, so it's not just biased raters, it's the captains picking the teams too. Maybe they all have grudges as well?

oh look at that, round 1 pick! :grin::grin::grin:

was such a joke. i feel sorry for ignite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
                      was such a joke. i feel sorry for ignite.

wut?

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Comment

• you heard me mister i can't base.

Comment

• Cuji and hypocrit shouldn't be 6*
                          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                          Failure teaches success.
                          . â–²
                          ▲ ▲

Comment

I count 40+ warbirds last season drafted above you Exalt, so it's not just biased raters, it's the captains picking the teams too. Maybe they all have grudges as well?

Captains are biased, yes. And on top of that, as a good draft captain you look at who you're gonna pick and check if they get allong well with each other ( or know from experience )... And I wouldn't find it unlikely that a lot of caps didnt want exalt there just cause it would get other ppls mad or not show up...

Heck, I only get along well with a select group of ppl. For the rest you're all assmunching dipsychikcfartingfuckheads, so go put on some lotion and wack it you dirty old perfs!

Oh, and I got news for you: I am finally off my horrible 800 height res! JIPPAY!!!!!

And Yes I do see some to me wrongly rated ppl... but honestly, why would I mention them when I can take it to my advantage and use those fuckheads...
                            TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
                            TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
                            TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
                            First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

• Originally posted by Turban View Post
                              you heard me mister i can't base.
                              talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity

Comment

• Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                                How can anybody explain WHY you're bad. You are bad because you are not good at shooting spaceships.

I think 7 is a steal for you. If you're talking about the Dynasty days, don't make me remind you about the beating Sweet gave you.

Take it, and run. Don't ask questions!
                                If you are talking about the beating sweet gave "me", you might want to check the recs of Weak, Unabled, Geio, and then check mine as the only positive rec... also me ending 15-10 and making your entire squad look like clowns as I dodged them 1v5 for 10 minutes as you benched... consequently at the time forcing you to pm me and saying "I was wrong about you, you are a really good player Exalt."

All of this happening after one game of sweet in which the 8 star players all did 5-10s, and you congradulating me on being a good player. Amazing at how much ego can change someone's opinion so quickly, especially a player such as yourself riverside, who I have screenshots of saying these things

Grudges go a long way, but not very far when you have to consistently lie about the past to make your points look legit.

As far as PJ's post, I do agree with that sentiment. I probably was on the top tier of shit talkers in this game for years, so people not liking me is an obvious thing... aka my part about grudges. The same goes for people that get egos and want to say they are better than everyone else in this game, aka riverside, racka, etc. I do respect people like raspi, who never gets into these arguments unless forced, and still keeps his ego pretty low key.

My whole point was to ask if I am so bad, then why, because so many other players beyond the obvious "haters" like burnt/riverside/etc have said I am far and away above a 7. Riverside, I realize you think you are God's greatest gift to warbirding, and I'm not going to disagree with you in that you are a good player, but I also don't think your immature "exalt you are terrible" crap is worth posting in this forum when someone asks an honest question. If I ask why I am bad, you CAN give an answer, but you don't have one from not evidence or you are too stupid to figure it out. It's called breaking down a player's game, and I'm sure even burnt can do it if he truly chose to. Someone could say "exalt you are bad at dodging strays/spawns/whatever" or something, or say "exalt you are one-dimensional" or "exalt, you can't team" or "exalt, you need to learn what the ctrl button does".. basically anything other than "no one can explain why you are bad, you are just terrible" like that is an explanation. Riverside, I realize you aren't exactly the smartest person in the world, but if you can't give an honest answer to an honest question without egotistical bullshit, maybe you shouldn't respond? It just makes you look stupid.

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                                I think 7 is a steal for you.
                                Did you mean this as I should be much higher, or I should be a 6*? Personally, I would take a 6* in a heartbeat... so if that is the case... SUMMA PLZ FIX MY RATING. I AM A 6* WB ACCORDING TO PRO WBS BURNT AND RIVERSIDE. CHANGE ME TO 6* THANKS.
                                Last edited by Exalt; 05-31-2010, 04:57 AM.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X