Raise the Star Cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ekk0 View Post
    If you didn't sign up in time or volunteer to be a captain because you were busy or thought the league would flop, and now you want in on the action, tough shit for you.
    I don't disagree with any points you made except for this captain part. I know of a couple very active players who volunteered to be a captain and were rejected over the past two seasons at least. Instead, we got Skatarius and now Riverside.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

It's pretty obvious how to fix this. Instead of increasing star cap have more teams at the start drafting. You spread out all tiers of playable individuals. Dwopple and Racka had that as an option, particularly since there was a start delay, but opted to be lazy bitches that do nothing instead. I agree with Exalt that denying people who are interested in capping is just silly (just as silly/dumb as denying long-time players alias adjustments pre-league).

We should be increasing the captain limits season to season until it breaks (then backtrack the following season), use the shitty borrow system to fix it allowing the caps to decide who can be borrowed (also using the star system). Then you can get more players out of spec and make a more competitive league. Could even have a mercenary tier of signup that doesn't want to be drafted but can be subbed into various teams leaving them less likely to be trying to "throw" games or whatever. Late signups go to mercenary tier and you can remove late sign-up all together (and alias changes) - this can just get tossed into this group too (this even saves work for staff and simplifies shit). Staff can still do their alias checks and all that and auto apply star rating across names or whatever.

Program the bots to track the star system if they don't already.
      Last edited by Klean-X; 06-30-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Klean-X View Post
        It's pretty obvious how to fix this. Instead of increasing star cap have more teams at the start drafting. You spread out all tiers of playable individuals. Dwopple and Racka had that as an option, particularly since there was a start delay, but opted to be lazy bitches that do nothing instead.
        you are too stupid for your own good
        1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

i think if we would have had the number of signups a week or two prior to the draft more effort likely would have been made to go to 8 teams. that being said, a bad captain can single handedly ruin the fun of everyone on their team as well as negatively affect the league as a whole. also, while it helps, you dont need to be a 10* player to be a captain. to be a successful captain in twdt you need to ensure regardless of who you pick theyll try and actually play for you. beyond that obviously you need to be familiar with each league and the player base in general. i can tell you right now that if a twdt popped up and i saw 2 or 3 caps on the list that i thought were going to do a terrible job it would certainly affect what choices i might make. likely i just wouldnt sign up.

i mean for instance if klean-x somehow ever found himself captaining a team in this league i wouldnt sign up for the league. hes a whiny little immature shithead who isnt good enough at the game to act like such a whiny little shithead. either his team would implode because no one would play for him or he'd draft friends and then field a shitty team that gets stomped. luckily i dont see him ever capping a draft league.

that guy is a fairly extreme example but whatever

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
            either his team would implode because no one would play for him or he'd draft friends and then field a shitty team that gets stomped. luckily i dont see him ever capping a draft league.

that guy is a fairly extreme example but whatever

As though current captains don't try to recruit their friends. The whole point of a draft tournament is to allow more inclusive and unique team combinations. You're too stupid for your own good Zeebu. And Racka you're a salty bitch who doesn't do jack shit for the community. Zeebu I don't think anyone would care if you didn't sign up to be honest. It's not like losing 1 or 2 "high star" players is actually going to weigh against an more inclusive, active, and dynamic league.

It's the primary problem that you fuckers think this is your tournament when in reality it's everyone's. Maybe it's just the time for the game to die since it's "run" by a bunch of cuck staff with forums opinionated by a bunch low quality personalities that get carried by their friends to appear decent when they aren't, just like Zeebu.

Comment

And Racka you're a salty bitch who doesn't do jack shit for the community.
              you (always) sound like the salty bitch. Racka, dwopple, ogron, mythril, (and I’m sure a couple others I’m missing), are who’s kept this game going as relatively strongly as it has been. Likely wouldn’t be much to log on to without these guys
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

The amount of defense amongst a select group of people goes to show that there might be some sort of dick sucking orgy going on the back end here. Then you have people like Renzi who just wish someone, anyone would suck their dick.

I've literally only called out only Racka and Dwopple as useless staff cucks. I'm critical of two people and these people who are suppose to be maintaining the zone ignore and are critical of me asking a few times over the course of multiple weeks about a name adjustment. I'm not sure why you are mentioning orgon and mythril like my posts have anything to do with them. They don't. I'm specifically defending myself against the space orgy elite and their groupies like Renzi.

Comment

Pretty simple… didn’t wanna exclude them when mentioning the work racka and dwopple do
                  J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                  8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

How fitting your name is buddy...I think you need one huh.

If you're looking for a new zone, try out chaos zone...we accept any newbie name you want to play on bud.
                    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
                      How fitting your name is buddy...I think you need one huh.

If you're looking for a new zone, try out chaos zone...we accept any newbie name you want to play on bud.
                      Most of us started playing this game as a kids hence the childish name, maybe Vys you got that good name sense being the pedophile exception who started this game with his old wrinkly balls out seething at the mouth for children that I always hear the FBI is after on here.

Comment

Most of us started playing this game as a kids hence the childish name, maybe Vys you got that good name sense being the pedophile exception who started this game with his old wrinkly balls out seething at the mouth for children that I always hear the FBI is after on here.
                        are you ok? do you smell toast?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Please raise the star cap so this idiot can stop adding himself lmao
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Best View Post
                            Please raise the star cap so this idiot can stop adding himself lmao
                            Stats Don't Lie #SDL

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

are you ok? do you smell toast?
                              I think you mean popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                              X