Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
    Crusaders, win or die, power top 3.

DT tends to be a pretty terr-reliant league and I think Heaven, FT and Ogron are going to be playmakers this season more than most with the wide cram.
    ​​​​​
    If Pressure has a killer season I see shitkickers putting in work. It really depends on if rucci is in form and if rucci is enough.

Mikkiz's team would always be contenders but if he can't show for a few weeks they're going to need to pick up a shark in FA to make a season.
    ​​
    As for powers line, who knows what zid plans, but I was drafted four rounds ahead of river and would free up a star for our heavy bench, so I think you might have gotten that one wrong.

Disclosure: everyone's teams look wonderful and no one drafted poorly, please don't get hurt if I didn't include you in my top 3.5.
    I kinda disagree about the terriers. Rucci beat terrorist in terr last season after not really playing the ship consistently. With the exception of Ogron, you don't see many of the 10* terriers going all the way. And every season there's a breakout player or two, like maketso or Rage last season, Spookedone, Kings, Zizzo, Bram or wingzero in seasons before. Not that any of them or bad or brand new to the scene, but they aren't making TWLB finals. DT is dominated by underrated low star players. These teams don't have a weakness, and can exploit others' (oftentimes it at spider, simply because there are more spiders than anything else in basing, though we've definitely seen weak terrs or sharks lose big games)

Comment

apt

Cause I think it makes you look more distinguished. Really though, it's hard to remember how everyone does their capitalizations, so unless it's really memorable or I'm feeling lazy, you get Apt.

Originally posted by Turban View Post
      Our season largely depends on how Spartan performs as a terrier as our spider options are among the strongest this time around, but there's a few interesting lineup variants which I am currently considering should it not work out for us. I believe spiders will play a bigger role with the new base in terms of cram breaking.

Overall I don't see a clear favorite which is a good thing.
      Spartan is definitely a lynchpin. The good news is if you have tomove him to spider, you aren't actually losing anything.

The new cram is a neat shakeup this season. I've already seen lots of unconventional strategies in twbd that are refreshing (if not a bit goofy). Simple QoL adjustments thatve been made, like shrap patterns and removing the blocks in under shook up the scene and enabled better play from less anticipated sources. I think the wider cram makes it a lot easier for sharks and terrs (and spiders, just not ones on my team, apparently) to get in quickly and break it instantly. Definitely see fewer cram recoveries. Of course this is all TWBD, which is not the height of competition (as evidenced by me being added).

Comment

Thanks for doing this!

You chose some weird lines on some of these lol. For crusaders, who on earth would put beast in the lineup!? I thought you were a baser.

Best line for jurassics team imo:
        frozen throne (T)
        sprackle/jackie (S)
        spids: ro, jamal, jurassic, termi, kov or mercedes

Also feel like our lineup options are underrated but I’m not sure I want to disclose.
        In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
        twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
        twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

for shits and giggles i tallied the 5 highest rated people in wb and jav and 8 in base on each team to see how it measured up vs the expanded limits.

i just jammed some stuff into an excel formula so it doesnt take anything else into account.

not sure what the point of it was, was just curious
          WB Jav Base
          Malevolent 43 -1 42 0 72.5 -3.5
          Snakecharmer 40.5 1.5 42.5 -0.5 70 -1
          Power 42 0 42 0 71.5 -2.5
          Treyway 43.5 -1.5 43 -1 71 -2
          Kickers 41.5 0.5 42 0 68.5 0.5
          Crusaders 44.5 -2.5 42 0 73 -4
          Phoenix 43 -1 42 0 70.5 -1.5
          Prayer 44.5 -2.5 43 -1 72.5 -3.5
          Terrorist 42 0 42.5 -0.5 70 -1
          Win or Die 42.5 -0.5 42.5 -0.5 69.5 -0.5

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

thats our twdtb ch1mp1ion terr k1ngs who cud b wirst terr i efir c but izily grint mastirs a t1t1l in my 1st seasin efir vsink dt n then she proceedid to get driftid by zidini the nixt seasin where she was ridicilid n h1rr1ssed n eventually tradid

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
              Thanks for doing this!

You chose some weird lines on some of these lol. For crusaders, who on earth would put beast in the lineup!? I thought you were a baser.

Best line for jurassics team imo:
              frozen throne (T)
              sprackle/jackie (S)
              spids: ro, jamal, jurassic, termi, kov or mercedes

Also feel like our lineup options are underrated but I’m not sure I want to disclose.
              Originally posted by WillBy View Post
              I'm not sure Beast will work out in the 6 slot, but the allure of starting Jamal, Jurassic, Zizzo AND creature is just too enticing.
              I feel like you're discounting Zizzo and Creature, who both have been extremely solid for like a decade plus. I also kind of allowed for Ro or Jamal to not show.

Some of them are wrong though, it's meant to start a discussion.

Comment

I kinda disagree about the terriers. Rucci beat terrorist in terr last season after not really playing the ship consistently. With the exception of Ogron, you don't see many of the 10* terriers going all the way. And every season there's a breakout player or two, like maketso or Rage last season, Spookedone, Kings, Zizzo, Bram or wingzero in seasons before. Not that any of them or bad or brand new to the scene, but they aren't making TWLB finals. DT is dominated by underrated low star players. These teams don't have a weakness, and can exploit others' (oftentimes it at spider, simply because there are more spiders than anything else in basing, though we've definitely seen weak terrs or sharks lose big games)
                All fair points. My expectation (maybe dream) this season is that most of the game will be played in the flagroom. That's the main reason I put so much weight into terrs this season.

Dominating spider lines have been shown to have huge success in DT, but I do think the cram changes are going to make more room for specials to make big plays.

And, if I'm being honest, I don't think the pool of sharks are rated exactly right. All that said, there are two teams in particular that I think will be mixing up their specials after W1.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I feel like you're discounting Zizzo and Creature, who both have been extremely solid for like a decade plus. I also kind of allowed for Ro or Jamal to not show.

Some of them are wrong though, it's meant to start a discussion.
                  I’m definitely not discounting them and know they are great players, even for twlb. It’s more about the negative impact of having beast in your line outweighing the positive. Not a bad problem to have for Jurassic to have too much talent on his team.

twdt-b 2017 finalist

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                    And, if I'm being honest, I don't think the pool of sharks are rated exactly right. All that said, there are two teams in particular that I think will be mixing up their specials after W1.
                    I agree with this. I wasn’t going to say anything but I’ll take this opportunity to stroke my own ego (nothing against the other players mentioned in my example as I respect them all). I know it’s hard to eval sharks sometimes but I think this is relatively objective data.

Rating changes this season for sharks:
                    1. beam 7.5 -> 8
                    2. Liz 8 —> 8.5
                    3. Violence 8 -> 8.5
                    4. mvp 8 -> no change

Records for past 3-4 seasons:

mvp shark record: 22-2
                    - Twdt winter 2021: 5-1
                    - Twdt fall 2021: 13-1
                    - Basing cup weekends: 4-0
                    - twdt summer 2020: 13-4 (as spid)

Violence: 13-6, 26-10 (including 2020)
                    - Twdt winter 2021: 10-3
                    - Twdt fall 2021: 2-2
                    - Basing cup weekends: 1-1
                    - twdt summer 2020: 13-4

Liz: 6-9, 11-12
                    - Twdt winter 2021: 2-4
                    - Twdt fall 2021: 3-2
                    - Basing cup weekends: 1-3
                    - twdt summer 2020: 5-3

Beam: 9-11, 18-17
                    - Twdt winter 2021: 3-4
                    - Twdt fall 2021: 6-7
                    - Basing cup weekends: DNP
                    - twdt summer 2020: 9-6

twdt-b 2017 finalist

Comment

Shit Kickers (68.5)
                      Terrier - Pressure (10)
                      Sharks - Violence (8.5) & jr5 (8.5)
                      Spiders - temujin (8.5), Ra (8.5), Lupin (8.5), Rucci (8.5), uprise (7.5)
                      Alternates: uprise (7.5), Klick (7.5), bugyswartz (7), Bike (7), Tiny (7), Jessup (7)

Am I right? Am I wrong? Did reading this garbage cost you way more than 20 seconds? Let's hear it below!
                      Damn Im good enough to just split into two people and be both a starter and a sub

Comment

Originally posted by uprise View Post

Damn Im good enough to just split into two people and be both a starter and a sub
                        Subtext and nuance can be hard to achieve in thus form of media, but I'm glad my intended message was clearly understood here.

Really though, counting is hard and i edited a few on the fly. Ur gud tho

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post

I agree with this. I wasn’t going to say anything but I’ll take this opportunity to stroke my own ego (nothing against the other players mentioned in my example as I respect them all). I know it’s hard to eval sharks sometimes but I think this is relatively objective data.

Rating changes this season for sharks:
                          1. beam 7.5 -> 8
                          2. Liz 8 —> 8.5
                          3. Violence 8 -> 8.5
                          4. mvp 8 -> no change

Records for past 3-4 seasons:

mvp shark record: 22-2
                          - Twdt winter 2021: 5-1
                          - Twdt fall 2021: 13-1
                          - Basing cup weekends: 4-0
                          - twdt summer 2020: 13-4 (as spid)

Violence: 13-6, 26-10 (including 2020)
                          - Twdt winter 2021: 10-3
                          - Twdt fall 2021: 2-2
                          - Basing cup weekends: 1-1
                          - twdt summer 2020: 13-4

Liz: 6-9, 11-12
                          - Twdt winter 2021: 2-4
                          - Twdt fall 2021: 3-2
                          - Basing cup weekends: 1-3
                          - twdt summer 2020: 5-3

Beam: 9-11, 18-17
                          - Twdt winter 2021: 3-4
                          - Twdt fall 2021: 6-7
                          - Basing cup weekends: DNP
                          - twdt summer 2020: 9-6
                          Sharks are typically overrated across the board, especially at the lower level where a basic understanding of play gets you rated higher than what an equally skilled counterpart in spider would be. This is fine, as long as all sharks are rated against each other, and I think the general groupings are fine. Half a star plus or minus is too refined for sharks, especially when they're so dependent on their terrier and other shark.

Comment

Yeah there's an obvious shark premium atm. I think the new map changes things as there's much less emphasis on cram. Something to keep in mind for next season's ratings.

Comment

what is this new cram everyone is talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by maketso View Post
                                what is this new cram everyone is talking about?
                                entrance is slightly wider, picture: https://forums.trenchwars.com/main/1...ap#post1331376
                                in twbd games it has been a lot easier to break the cram.

Comment

Working...
                                X