• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aight I guess I'll see it on sunday
    someone record Ogron's game so I'll see the new burst spots

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      entrance is slightly wider, picture: https://forums.trenchwars.com/main/1...ap#post1331376
      in twbd games it has been a lot easier to break the cram.
      well, we think it will be easier to break cram.

we're seeing a meta shift in how people cram, including several spiders shooting through the flag bar hole from the roof into cram, and you can anti-camp while flush from the corner.

it should be easier for low-star spiders to break since now simply shooting up in almost any direction will hit something (instead of shooting walls) and the terr holding cram is more exposed and has to play wider out, but we really need a whole season's worth of data to really find out.

there's a non-zero chance it ends up being harder to break, or the same as before.

the early evidence is that it is easier, but we won't know for sure until the end of the season.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post

I agree with this. I wasn’t going to say anything but I’ll take this opportunity to stroke my own ego (nothing against the other players mentioned in my example as I respect them all). I know it’s hard to eval sharks sometimes but I think this is relatively objective data.

Rating changes this season for sharks:
        1. beam 7.5 -> 8
        2. Liz 8 —> 8.5
        3. Violence 8 -> 8.5
        4. mvp 8 -> no change

Records for past 3-4 seasons:

mvp shark record: 22-2
        - Twdt winter 2021: 5-1
        - Twdt fall 2021: 13-1
        - Basing cup weekends: 4-0
        - twdt summer 2020: 13-4 (as spid)

Violence: 13-6, 26-10 (including 2020)
        - Twdt winter 2021: 10-3
        - Twdt fall 2021: 2-2
        - Basing cup weekends: 1-1
        - twdt summer 2020: 13-4

Liz: 6-9, 11-12
        - Twdt winter 2021: 2-4
        - Twdt fall 2021: 3-2
        - Basing cup weekends: 1-3
        - twdt summer 2020: 5-3

Beam: 9-11, 18-17
        - Twdt winter 2021: 3-4
        - Twdt fall 2021: 6-7
        - Basing cup weekends: DNP
        - twdt summer 2020: 9-6
        Without any context this is a bad way to determine talent. Liz and Beam could have played on some seriously shit teams and I believe beam even made a finals appearance once.

But, I do agree that all the shark ratings are shit.

Comment

it was pretty ridiculous that I was raised in shark this season after being benched for mvp all of last dt but I didn't care because I didn't really expect to play whether I was a 7.5 or an 8 and I do agree with him that a few of the shark ratings seem off
          Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by ogron View Post
            including several spiders shooting through the flag bar hole from the roof into cram
            Had any thoughts about changing the map to prevent that?
            Don't really want to close up the hole, but this camping obvs wasn't what the map change was supposed to achieve.
            Last edited by Rab; 01-27-2022, 07:17 AM.

Comment

its impissibil for an 8* shirk to play on a bad team becuz all othir playirs will b sumwhat half dicinti so if u lose 900 mitchis as a lowir * shirk its pribibily becuz u r vsink syndrim

Comment

I don't think sharks are at a premium so much as a lot of them are overrated. Maybe part of it is that if you have a certain game sense you get auto-stars, but I'd like to think I'm an example of that not being the case.

What I think is really the issue is that a lot of sharks have only been in league pairs with sharks stronger than them. (That and some legacy "they once were good" shit.) A 10* shark can make an 8* look like a 9*. At least if you think shark is about more than being able to bomb a wall for shrap angles.

At the low end I think things are mostly right. But there are some 8.5*s and up that are going to cost their line more than they're worth.

It'll be interesting, though, because in the handful of games I've played with the new cram, sharks are as important if not moreso than before. The punishment for a missed rep on either side of the cram seems to be more severe and the wider gap leaves more angles to consider when repping or trying to get to the corner.

Then again, what do I know. I'm just a 7.5* that Willby benched in his review.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                  What I think is really the issue is that a lot of sharks have only been in league pairs with sharks stronger than them. (That and some legacy "they once were good" shit.) A 10* shark can make an 8* look like a 9*. At least if you think shark is about more than being able to bomb a wall for shrap angles.
                  I feel attacked.

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                  Then again, what do I know. I'm just a 7.5* that Willby benched in his review.

Are you a 7.5 terr or a 7.5 shark and which do you feel slighted about? Because I'm definitely not starting you over ogron. You've got about the same record as River over the last few seasons I suppose...

Comment

WillBy It wasn't directed specifically at you or anyone. I'm going out of my way not to attack anyone. The vast majority of sharks are rated 8.5 or higher.

I didn't feel attacked by you either, should I have? I was just discounting my own opinion because, again, what do I know? The general consensus is that I'm not very good, I was pointing that out before anyone took what I was saying too seriously. If it were me, I'd hand a list of sharks to Commodo, Zidane, Hulk and maybe Turban and have them do the ratings and call it a day.

​​​​​​I could write an essay about why being able to effectively rotate is more valuable than being able to press tab and back (again, this isn't directed at anyone in particular). But at the end of the day I think its easier to say that I think some sharks are overrated and that a couple teams are going to realize that. You're paired with Dwopple, I don't think you're going anywhere, don't worry.

Edit for clarity: I'm also in no way trying to say I'm better than anyone or my rating is wrong.
                    Last edited by Vehicle; 01-27-2022, 11:05 PM.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                    X