Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Special Ships in Basing Leagues: Keep, Remove or Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Ships in Basing Leagues: Keep, Remove or Change?

Every once in a while I'll be posting a question for the TW community 2 c wut efery1 think of an idea that I haf seen be successfil in anothir zone.

What i recommend 4 TW:
    1. Conditionally remove wb jav n lanc in TWL, TWDT, Basing Cup, TWCC (Tw Cap Cup), TSL, any other league
    2. Have anothir vote if/aftir lag is fixed
    Why?
    1. Lag makes the game diffirint for the screens of playirs of terrs, sharks n spidirs at times. With a jav in cram, that can be tough. With a wb/lanc in FR, that can be tough.
    2. Its difficilt 2 enfirce lag limits since it feels random (thus the ?cheater calls) for specials during certin situations (ie some Sundays when there are lots of playirs)
    3. I can appreciate special ships because they bring a change to a game: whether for a few plays or throughout. Dis why I think a vote cud be gud if / aftir lag fixis (eferything hypithiticil rememba dis)
    Remove them i nefir want 2 c it again
    28.57%
    Conditionally remove special ships from league play
    7.14%
    Indifferent
    0%
    Don't remoof them conditionally
    7.14%
    Dont remoof them efir
    35.71%
    Othir: forim post
    21.43%
    Last edited by Riverside; 04-09-2022, 10:04 AM.

The jav has already been nerfed to near uselessness and warbirds are less effective than people think (assuming your sharks are good).

Keep specials the way they are. If there were a viable strategy that made 4 spids and a warbird better than 5 spids this would be a discussion worth having. 25 years of twlb history says otherwise tough. (Lookin at you, pallies/divine rides)

A more helpful poll would be: should we make the wide cram permanent? (I vote yes.)
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
      A more helpful poll would be: should we make the wide cram permanent? (I vote yes.)
      Ty 4 other inpit about lag and ur opinion on how it affects special ships (u say dun remoof)

I agree w u 100% about wide cram, its been a gr8 change for bds and we saw it do gr8 wirk 4 TWDT. Shoutout 2 whoefir thought of it, and the ppl who pushed 4 it:

I belief this wud b a diff poll.

Sum1 cud vs poll if you want 2 ciptin vichil, or wait 4 me 2 do it randimly, tho idc 4 that one im sharkbombing 2 vs entry 2 cram eithir way (im also kinda assuming its permanent, since we've stuck w it, probably due 2 how well it seems 2 haf been receifed (and some fuks haf been collecting time #/data n video game logs, which is helpful when numbers and feedback both r accountid 4 when making decisions for the league)).
      Last edited by Riverside; 04-09-2022, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Other:
        - I think 1-shot-kill has no place in base. Mainly I'm thinking of wb bullets, but I also think the same for shrap. Less concerned about bombs/mines because they're quite avoidable. Bursts are too cool to remove but could be slowed down a bit, and/or get fewer of them in a game.
        - I'm fine with removing specials, but I think that misses an opportunity to change them and bring them back into use to allow greater variety in lineups.
        - I agree that the wide cram change was good so should stay, but I think further changes could be even better.
        - I think the opening up the cram further, almost to the point of removing it, would help us balance the other ships as we wouldn't want overpowered cram ships.

Comment

Bring back rockets for jav
          Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Can anyone not in 3, 5 or 8 be subject to tighter lag restrictions? That would be useful. Of course you could basically eliminate them at that point since they’re really only ‘good’ in the hands of a lagger.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

I recall adding stricter lag limits to special ships in TWL as it is possible to use ship specific limits for latency, spikes and packet loss. However lag limits in TWD are practically non-existent which probably should be changed.

Comment

Can anyone not in 3, 5 or 8 be subject to tighter lag restrictions? That would be useful. Of course you could basically eliminate them at that point since they’re really only ‘good’ in the hands of a lagger.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                  I recall adding stricter lag limits to special ships in TWL as it is possible to use ship specific limits for latency, spikes and packet loss. However lag limits in TWD are practically non-existent which probably should be changed.
                  But then, you wont be able to play

To take it more seriously, specials are generally used to stomp weaker teams and honestly should be removed from basing as it just makes the game way more frustrating for said weaker teams then it really needs to be. Yea, Javelin is weak as hell without rockets, Lancaster actually gets countered by spiders. The real threat is a good player in Warbird vs weak teams. This could be solved be weakening the energy regeneration for Warbirds in basing arenas to help noobs deal with it. We really should take better care of the noobs in the zone, most the good players are inactive, it really is those weaker teams keeping the zone alive.
                  rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                  rEnZi> its crazy
                  rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                    Good luck enforcing lag limits when the server for this game is basically a couple tin cans attached by string. I'd say instead of throwing money around for silly leagues that shit should go towards a decent server. Donating to this game needs to be revamped, something that's been an issue for at least 4-5 years. It's near impossible to donate now, there's zero transparency as to where your money goes if youre fortunate to even donate and donating gives what? pubbux? Seriously though, this server is atrocious. I have 200mb net now and am still getting crazy s2c lag. People are ghosting around the map and eating bullets/explosions and guys like myself with good high-speed net can barely play anyways. Lag limits aren't the issue. It's the server.

Comment

Grasps Have you tried using a VPN to avoid the bad hop near the server? It might help.
                      rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                      X